A129 3-wire kit

It appears to change out of parking mode.

That’s what I thought too. I’m confused to the purpose of that video then if it shows the way the camera should behave.

Also, I notice the same debate is running on 2 threads at the moment. It would make more sense for everyone if the OP picks one thread and sticks to it. Which thread has the most information for this issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s what I thought too. I’m confused to the purpose of that video then if it shows the way the camera should behave.

Also, I notice the same debate is running on 2 threads at the moment. It would make more sense for everyone if the OP picks one thread and sticks to it. Which thread has the most information for this issue?

I think the issue is it doesn’t re-enter parking mode right away when he shuts the car off. This happens when you power through the mount and not camera. It’s acting like a 2-wire hardwire kit.

I think the issue is it doesn’t re-enter parking mode right away when he shuts the car off. This happens when you power through the mount and not camera. It’s acting like a 2-wire hardwire kit.

Yes, agreed. It does look as though the power lead is going into the back of the GPS dock and not the side of the camera.

The taps must be in the correct locations (ACC & Bat+) because it enters parking mode as you would expect the 2 wire kit to do and exits when it detects the ACC so the only explanation would be that the HK3 is not connected properly?

@barahir the video you posted on another thread was very helpful to me, showing the cam switch between recording modes, thank you. It also shows exactly how you should have your wires connected, make sure you have done it this way as the videos on this thread show your lead connected to the GPS base.

3 wire hardwire kit - no parking mode?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...re-kit---no-parking-mode?.37246/&share_type=t

Interestingly the camera/kit will work on acc only if the camera has been on recently (last few hours) seems to only get upset after being turned off at night.

Same thing here. It was driving me nuts for a bit because it seemed intermittent. But it is most definitely seems related to how long the kit sits unpowered.

Same thing here. It was driving me nuts for a bit because it seemed intermittent. But it is most definitely seems related to how long the kit sits unpowered.

This morning i moved the switch so parking mode was on, (bat wire live, acc was off). Camera did not turn on, turned key to ACC so the acc wire got power, and booted up like expected, after sitting overnight seems it is only happy with the bat wire comes on before the acc wire does,

Will report back when i get time to install a timed relay, hopefully before Christmas

This morning i moved the switch so parking mode was on, (bat wire live, acc was off). Camera did not turn on, turned key to ACC so the acc wire got power, and booted up like expected, after sitting overnight seems it is only happy with the bat wire comes on before the acc wire does,

Will report back when i get time to install a timed relay, hopefully before Christmas

My findings are similar with you and kioneo. The camera will power on every time if I toggle the switch to bat wire live before starting the ignition. I get inconsistent results if I start the ignition first then switch from ACC to bat live, especially if the car has been sitting for awhile/overnight. I've tested this on both 5s and 10s boot delay.

Just an update on my findings:

1) If I have the rocker switch on ACC only and I start the ignition first, I wait about 5 seconds after engine starts before toggling switch to PM. The camera has been powering up consistently with this method. I'm thinking that toggling the switch while the engine is starting is where I'm seeing inconsistent results.
2) As noted before, if I switch the rocker to PM prior to starting the ignition, the camera will power up every time.
3) I'm using 10s boot delay.

Overall I've been happy with this setup as it is working great. This gives me an easy option of turning PM on and off by a flick of a switch.

Just an update on my findings:

1) If I have the rocker switch on ACC only and I start the ignition first, I wait about 5 seconds after engine starts before toggling switch to PM. The camera has been powering up consistently with this method. I'm thinking that toggling the switch while the engine is starting is where I'm seeing inconsistent results.
2) As noted before, if I switch the rocker to PM prior to starting the ignition, the camera will power up every time.
3) I'm using 10s boot delay.

Overall I've been happy with this setup as it is working great. This gives me an easy option of turning PM on and off by a flick of a switch.

Is yours an on/off/on swith or on/on?

Just for my own clarity, does the cam power up if the switch is set to ACC as you would expect i.e. when you start the engine?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Question for those using parking mode and the Viofo 3-wire kit. Lets assume the camera and 3-wire kit are operating normally in that the camera will enter parking mode as soon as the car is shut off and exiting parking mode as soon as the car is started.

Now the question: if the camera has properly entered parking mode and after about 5 minutes I then decide to unplug the camera for some reason, when the camera is eventually plugged back into the hardwire kit, will the camera then simply re-enter parking mode? A customer who has 2 A129 setups, both with 3-wire kits, says in one car the camera will just re-enter parking mode and in the other car it will not. He says all settings are the same in both setups and that parking mode is working fine otherwise. Battery voltage tests fine (says he's measuring 12.6V when he plugging the camera back in). I not sure the the camera/3-wire kit is designed to work this way, but he claims it does work this way in one car. I do not currently have my A129's setup with the 3-wire kits yet, so I am unable to test. Can any other users confirm if their setup functions similarly?

The 3 wire cable setup not working for me connected the power cable directly on the camera (not into gps module) installed the bat wire to always 12v and the acc on a 12v only with ignition on but the camera does not go in parking mod after ignition off only after 5 minutes not moving the car (messiurt all Voltages with multimeter im sure i connected everythink right) @viofo

The 3 wire cable setup not working for me connected the power cable directly on the camera (not into gps module) installed the bat wire to always 12v and the acc on a 12v only with ignition on but the camera does not go in parking mod after ignition off only after 5 minutes not moving the car (messiurt all Voltages with multimeter im sure i connected everythink right) @viofo

Are you using the official HK3 or a 3rd party one? Parking mode only works immediately with the Viofo kit, other kits do not seem to send the signal the same.

Sounds like it is a wiring issue if the camera isn’t going into park mode straight away - does it exit park mode when you start the car or when you move off? Yellow to ACC and red to Bat+, I’d suggest trying a different fuse location for the ACC wire if you think you have got the wires the right way round.

Are you using the official HK3 or a 3rd party one? Parking mode only works immediately with the Viofo kit, other kits do not seem to send the signal the same.

Sounds like it is a wiring issue if the camera isn’t going into park mode straight away - does it exit park mode when you start the car or when you move off? Yellow to ACC and red to Bat+, I’d suggest trying a different fuse location for the ACC wire if you think you have got the wires the right way round.

Thx for reply

I got my cabel directly from the viofo website its exiting park mode only after moving car tryed differend fuse tabs same issue car Ford Fiesta 1.25 JA8

Thx for reply

I got my cabel directly from the viofo website its exiting park mode only after moving car tryed differend fuse tabs same issue car Ford Fiesta 1.25 JA8

are you using the new parking mode firmware? you need the beta firmware for the 3 wire parking mode to work

Not sure if it has been mentioned. If the low voltage protection (LVP) shut-off is triggered and power to the cam is shut off (or for initial power on). The ACC wire must be energized for the unit to turn on, even if the 12v BAT was always energized (although some of the time below LVP shut off), and the 12v BAT voltage subsequently increased above the LVP limit, if the ACC remain energized, the HW kit won't send power to the cam.

seems similar to what SVEK is talking about but in this case 12v was always on
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a129-3-wire-kit.35898/post-445256

Does anyone know if Low voltage protection will still work if the ACC wire is tap to the 12v BAT constant on? (does not need A129 PM function, just general low voltage protection for other dashcam)

Last edited:
are you using the new parking mode firmware? you need the beta firmware for the 3 wire parking mode to work

Are you sure? The latest official release v1.5 should support the PM.

Thx for reply

Does the camera enter PM immediately after killing the ignition or does it take 5mins?

Back