A129 Dead

Chillers

Reaction score
Country
Australia
So realised today that my A129 is dead.

Last record was on the 18th December 2018

Tested with a different lead into the PC and nothing.

I had the camera less than 2 months I've contacted Viofo AU site and hopefully they will issue a replacement.

:(

I had the camera less than 2 months I've contacted Viofo AU site and hopefully they will issue a replacement.

:(

Record video to detect malfunction, add to youtube and send to viofo authorities.
Viofo will offer you the best.

Spoke to a Viofo rep they are happy for me to send it back for them to look at, turns out that they are pretty local, may try and meet in person. I have nothing against Viofo, i love the A129, i'm just clueless as to what could have caused the issue. They also seem surprised.

The last 2 files show 0kb and no video, these were the last files on the card. The last footage shows the car parked up stationary, with no sign of any problems. Maybe it overheated?

Screenshot_7.jpg

Screenshot_8.jpg

Last edited:

So if you plug it into any power supply (Car 12v adapter, wall charger etc.) there's no lights or any activity on the camera screen? Did you plug direct into the camera, rather than the GPS mount?

So if you plug it into any power supply (Car 12v adapter, wall charger etc.) there's no lights or any activity on the camera screen? Did you plug direct into the camera, rather than the GPS mount?
It was always plugged into the camera, i've tried plugging it into pc and wall outlet, and nada. Computer doesn't even detect it.

Mine died yesterday, its hardwired, and nothing with or without ignition on, tried the 12v aux lead, still nothing.Mine is plugged into side of camera, Not had time to plug it into pc yet or check sd card.

Mine died yesterday, its hardwired, and nothing with or without ignition on, tried the 12v aux lead, still nothing.Mine is plugged into side of camera, Not had time to plug it into pc yet or check sd card.

Sounds like mine, mine was also hard wired. Did you have timelapse parking mode enabled?

Spoke to a Viofo rep they are happy for me to send it back for them to look at, turns out that they are pretty local, may try and meet in person. I have nothing against Viofo, i love the A129, i'm just clueless as to what could have caused the issue. They also seem surprised.

The last 2 files show 0kb and no video, these were the last files on the card. The last footage shows the car parked up stationary, with no sign of any problems. Maybe it overheated?
3 days before mid-summer, 5 minutes 25 seconds past mid-day. But the image has a lot of clouds and looks decent with no signs of overheat. And the sun appears to be close to directly overhead so the camera was maybe in shade? Is the camera behind a sunshade/dotted area or exposed to overhead sun? Was it a hot day?

2No dead cameras. One in mid-summer. One in mid-winter. Not a good sign. Interesting that both were hardwired.

Sounds like mine, mine was also hard wired. Did you have timelapse parking mode enabled?
Yes, on mod firmware 1.42. Just a little worried if I have to send it back with mod firmware and they reject it, was bought through amazon UK, so should be OK.

Yes, on mod firmware 1.42. Just a little worried if I have to send it back with mod firmware and they reject it, was bought through amazon UK, so should be OK.
Amazon won't check the FW before giving you a refund. V1.42 is Viofo's own beta parking mode FW so that should not be an issue.

2No dead cameras. One in mid-summer. One in mid-winter. Not a good sign. Interesting that both were hardwired.
The UK hasn't been particularly cold yet this winter, but that seems like an average of "not heat related", really need more than 2 failures to have any accuracy though!

Were they Viofo hardwire kits, or something nasty?

Quite similar to what I experienced with the pre-production unit that came back to life on its own. Probably these also need the capacitors to drain out completely.

Hope VIOFO figures out what's going on.

Last edited:
Well I tried plugging the power into the GPS unit and it works!! I will try a reset and plug it into the PC later. Its not dead.. Yet.

Well I tried plugging the power into the GPS unit and it works!! I will try a reset and plug it into the PC later. Its not dead.. Yet.
Don't use your computers USB port. Use a USB wall charger (phone charger).

Well the phone charger powered up the cam on the side port!! Did a reset, put it back in the car and no power from the side port, but the same lead gives instant power from the GPS mount so it's not the lead, sorry to jump on the op thread, but any ideas? Should I send viofo a message on amazon or tag them in a new post on here?

Back