A129 Duo High-Pitched Noise?

Hi everyone.

Any news from viofo on the issue ?

I'm asking because i own the camera since last year and i had it connected with my old nextbase 2 wire set.
Recently i have changed the old cables to the official viofo 3 wire set and now that high pitch noise is present in the videos but i don't hear it coming from the unit , only while playing back the footage .

I have tested 2 cards - the viofo one and sandisk and it's present on both of them so i'm guesing it must be something to do with the 3 wire set.

Any news from viofo on the issue ?

I submitted my ticket and a sample video to Viofo on April 13, 2019. According to Viofo's website, my ticket is being processed, but I haven't heard anything yet. I just asked for an update. As soon as I hear something I'll post it here.

Is it possible that the electrical circuit I fuse tapped into could be producing the noise? I'm pretty sure I used a blank spot for the constant power and one labeled ACC for the switched.

Is it possible that the electrical circuit I fuse tapped into could be producing the noise?
Not really. Any noise like that is mechanical due to vibration that is activated by some electromagnetic (current generated) energy. It usually happens with AC and transformers while camera works with DC. It could've been from the alternator if filtering is poor in the camera.
Do you get the noise if powered from another source in the house and not from the car? Camera uses 5V DC so even a phone charger will work.

Do you get the noise if powered from another source in the house and not from the car? Camera uses 5V DC so even a phone charger will work.
No, just the Viofo branded 3-wire hardwire kit. FYI, the 12V lighter adapter that Viofo supplies works fine.

Last edited:
No, just the Viofo branded 3-wire hardwire kit. FYI, the 12V lighter adapter that Viofo supplies works fine.
You can easily open it. 4 screws on the back. There is a ferrite core inside and some metallic heat sink. They might be touching.

You can easily open it. 4 screws on the back. There is a ferrite core inside and some metallic heat sink. They might be touching.
Or, I could simply exchange it. :) But I didn't want to do that before I contacted Viofo, which I did.

Is it possible that the electrical circuit I fuse tapped into could be producing the noise? I'm pretty sure I used a blank spot for the constant power and one labeled ACC for the switched.
It’s easy enough to swap fuse slots to rule things out. Since your last camera (non Viofo) did the same thing, it’s hard to point the issue solely on the 3-wire kit.

It’s easy enough to swap fuse slots to rule things out. Since your last camera (non Viofo) did the same thing, it’s hard to point the issue solely on the 3-wire kit.

That's a very good point, but the mini 0806 wasn't nearly as bad. But yes, this does seem to point to something on the Honda that's generating a high-frequency noise. But riddle me this Batman. Why is the A129 completely silent when I use the Viofo cigarette lighter plug?

That's a very good point, but the mini 0806 wasn't nearly as bad. But yes, this does seem to point to something on the Honda that's generating a high-frequency noise. But riddle me this Batman. Why is the A129 completely silent when I use the Viofo cigarette lighter plug?
Maybe something is being introduced when you connect any hardwire kit into the fuse box. Or, maybe it’s just some fuses in particular. Might seem unlikely, but Worth doing a little troubleshooting, otherwise a replacement kit might just do the same thing.

Maybe something is being introduced when you connect any hardwire kit into the fuse box. Or, maybe it’s just some fuses in particular. Might seem unlikely, but Worth doing a little troubleshooting, otherwise a replacement kit might just do the same thing.
Yes, I agree.

the problem in power kit try MINI 0906 power kit no noise at all ! but Viofo will never admit it .they will wait to sell all what they have .then Fix the issues with next GEN!it business after all!

Sorry, don’t know. Just try a few different ones and see if you notice any difference.

where is the noise, in the power supply, in the camera, or in the recorded video?

where is the noise, in the power supply, in the camera, or in the recorded video?
Reading through the thread, it appears that nobody knows the answer to that!

I'm guessing that it is in the camera, and since the microphone is also in the camera the noise also appears on the video.
The difference between the hardwire kit and the accessory socket adaptor is probably the voltage being supplied to the camera, which results in the switching voltage regulators in the camera switching at audible frequencies instead of inaudible ones, not much that can be done about that other than to use a hardwire kit that produces the same voltage as the accessory socket adaptor.

Back