A129 Duo High-Pitched Noise?

the voltage output from the hardwire kit and the cig socket adapter are not going to be anything significant, they're both going to be close to 5.1v~5.2v

the voltage output from the hardwire kit and the cig socket adapter are not going to be anything significant, they're both going to be close to 5.1v~5.2v
Only needs a tiny difference in voltage to change the audible switching noise.

Just so you'll know, I created a ticket with Viofo and attached a video on 4.22.19. Unfortunately, the ticket still being processed. If the Viofo forum member wants to check it out and post an update, it's ticket #12657. Thanks!

I've got reply to my ticket from Bill says " We've forwarded your feedback to our engineer, still working on this, once have news will send you message. "

Same problem here, please update the thread if you have any news.

Hi all, just wanted to add my experience with this issue, because I have a slightly different situation that rules out the fusebox being the culprit.

I initially bought the 3-wire kit and tapped it into my fusebox, however I couldn't get parking mode to work properly. The high-pitched noise was present during this configuration, but never before I used the 3-wire kit.

I returned the 3-wire kit and invested in a Cellink Neo which came with it's own Viofo 3-wire kit (identical, but with a spliced plug to fit the unit). It still makes the high-pitched noise.

Interestingly, although the noise is always present, sometimes it is so quiet you can barely hear it and other times it is really obvious and sharp. For instance, while viewing the footage of taking my kids to school this morning I had to strain to hear it, but on the journey back home it was loud and obvious. I did nothing different on these 2 short journeys.

I should point out that the Cellink is connected to my car using the cigarette socket, it is not hard-wired. It is placed under the passenger seat, far away from most electrical systems. Even if there was a conflict, it doesn't explain why the noise varies in intensity.

I can also confirm this issue occurs with both the stock firmware and the BCTeam modified firmware.

Hi all, just wanted to add my experience with this issue, because I have a slightly different situation that rules out the fusebox being the culprit.

I initially bought the 3-wire kit and tapped it into my fusebox, however I couldn't get parking mode to work properly. The high-pitched noise was present during this configuration, but never before I used the 3-wire kit.

I returned the 3-wire kit and invested in a Cellink Neo which came with it's own Viofo 3-wire kit (identical, but with a spliced plug to fit the unit). It still makes the high-pitched noise.

Interestingly, although the noise is always present, sometimes it is so quiet you can barely hear it and other times it is really obvious and sharp. For instance, while viewing the footage of taking my kids to school this morning I had to strain to hear it, but on the journey back home it was loud and obvious. I did nothing different on these 2 short journeys.

I should point out that the Cellink is connected to my car using the cigarette socket, it is not hard-wired. It is placed under the passenger seat, far away from most electrical systems. Even if there was a conflict, it doesn't explain why the noise varies in intensity.

I can also confirm this issue occurs with both the stock firmware and the BCTeam modified firmware.
Are you talking about noise on the recordings, or noise you hear when in the car, or both?

I installed yesterday but TV doesn't work and remote key frequently makes error. I ordered many ferrite cores today to check if it work with.
Anyway, I was satisfying with A119S and didn't hasitate to pay A129. I should have checked here first.

I also created a ticket with Viofo.
They have public holidays until May 6th.

Ticket #17325.

I installed yesterday but TV doesn't work and remote key frequently makes error. I ordered many ferrite cores today to check if it work with.
Anyway, I was satisfying with A119S and didn't hasitate to pay A129. I should have checked here first.
ferrite cores didn't work... I will refund.

Interestingly, although the noise is always present, sometimes it is so quiet you can barely hear it and other times it is really obvious and sharp.

I have been experiencing the same thing, but for me, the noise is present externally and in the recordings. Based on some of the responses, I wonder if the noise coming from the 3-wire hardwire kit is vehicle or manufacturer specific.

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried running the Viofo hardwire kit to the fuse box in the engine bay, instead of the one inside the cabin?

Also, aside from iron ferrites, has anyone tried any kind of noise suppressor?

Also, aside from iron ferrites, has anyone tried any kind of noise suppressor?
You could try a USB extension cable on the output of the hardwire kit, if anyone has a mini USB extension cable or suitable converters!

I assume even though it only happens when using the hardwire kit, the noise is coming from the camera since the camera is able to record it, however nobody seems to have confirmed this...

I assume even though it only happens when using the hardwire kit, the noise is coming from the camera since the camera is able to record it, however nobody seems to have confirmed this...

You're correct Nigel and I think you asked me that before. Sorry. I'll hook the camera up both ways tonight and listen to both the camera and the hardwire kit box to see if I can determine where the noise is coming from. I do know that when I use the cigarette lighter adapter, the A129 is completely silent—at least mine is.

I opened up the HK3 box and measured this on the wires that goes towards the camera (output, lower part of the photos):

With the cam disconnected:
- red wire (V+) 5.0V
-yellow wire (Acc+) 4.5V

With cam connected and recording:
--red wire (V+) 5.2V
-yellow wire (Acc+) 4.0V

I need to cut a male/female USB cable and measure this again with the cigarette lighter adapter powering the camera. I wonder what the voltage is while recording.

Attachments

• 20190501_133745.jpg
    20190501_133745.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190501_133756.jpg
    20190501_133756.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Could you please measure which pins of the USB are connected with those wires?

Last edited:
I have the same constant ringing in all my footage as well, this is present during parking mode as well as on accessory. It's annoying that it's there, but not a deal breaker for me on this setup. I have the A129 Duo.

Wondering if an external mic would eliminate the noise. Anyone tried wiring one up to the cam? No provision for it by default, but if the noise is being recorded from the cam itself, external mic would maybe have less of the issue.

Last edited:
Back