zoneman

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo
Have an issue with a new set up,
Works ok while driving but left red light blinks a few times then goes off
after about 30 seconds when car is locked.

Need this to record all the time in 24hr mode.

Any problem solvers here that can tell me if its most likely the constant power wire or accessories wire, or any other thing I can check.
A bit strange because I've used the same taped fuses that others have used online for a 2019 Rav4 Hybrid.

All the settings are set the same through the mobile app as in my other car that works fine.

Thanks in advance .:unsure:

Either the red wire is losing power after a certain time (maybe car cuts power to fuse once door is locked) or your battery voltage is below the currently set voltage cutoff on the hardwire kit. Have you tried to lower the cutoff?

Just lowered the setting to the lowest of the battery cutoff outputs. Will see how this goes..

When I put a probe with light, on the power wire & constant fuse, it always lights up, just don't have a multi meter for exact numbers.
Haven't tried locking myself in car & testing power wire after every thing shuts down yet.

I'm thinking maybe some sort of weird voltage drop , because you can hear relays or something clicking off in the engine bay at same time red light flashes then goes off.

Going to swap around camera from other car & see what gives there,. may give me a clue??? Hope I didn't get a dud unit .

Thanks C,Y,A for your reply.

If you're hearing relay clicks that happen exactly when the cam quits, then it's most likely that the car is cutting the power at that time. If your second cam confirms this by behaving like the first one you'll need to find a better power source/fuse to tap into.

With today's computer-controlled car power schemes it can be tough finding a good power source/fuse to work with, and any variation in the individual car's optional factory equipment might cause a different action by the computer in how the power scheme works. Good to start with what works for others in the same car, but it's not a guaranteed way to success.

Phil

Cheers Phil

I will keep you posted just for your curiosity .

Will camera keep running if you don't lock your doors?
Power plugged into the camera of mount?

No still goes off if door not locked or left open.
Red light only stays on when driving, ignition or accessories on.
It goes off when ignition is turned off after about 30 seconds, but the thing is there is still constant power through red wire.

Looks like its going to be a process of elimination . Fun & games...

Have low bitrate on in parking mode , is that the right setting.

Back