A129 DUO recording 24x7 on Motion Detection parking mode !

jomanjee

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
I started using the Motion Detection in parking mode couple of days ago, unfortunately the camera is continuously recording, this morning i find out the cam has been recording for 16 hours continuously ! my car is parked in a private shared garage with just 6 cars in it with almost 0 movement most of the time day and even night as it is a very small building with no pedestrians or entrances to the parking whatsoever, i looked at the videos an absolutely no movement, the cam just seems to record 24x7, even worse it is recording with the back camera behind a dark tint even at night (no lighting in the garage!!) so no way it has seen something or detected a motion !!, i managed to get the settings am using and they are as follows, there is most likely no gps reception in the garage, i dunno did i do something wrong here ?!...

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot_20190930-144204_VIOFO_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20190930-144204_VIOFO_LI.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20190930-144144_VIOFO.jpg
    Screenshot_20190930-144144_VIOFO.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20190930-144158_VIOFO.jpg
    Screenshot_20190930-144158_VIOFO.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20191001-162118_VIOFO.jpg
    Screenshot_20191001-162118_VIOFO.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 4
how dark is it in there at night?

thanks for the prompt reply,

PITCH BLACK, garage is having no lighting, and am parked at the inside, hardly ever observing the street with the back cam, also am living in absolutely remote area, no one near day or night, cam is recording 24x7, not sure maybe am doing something wrong ?! do i need to go to parking mode manually or something ? when exiting my car i unplug the cam from car power, wait 4 secs for it to shutdown, plug it to my powerbank, and just exit the car and on my way... i know for certain once cam is back on the power bank it will start recording automatically, but it should go parking mode since car is parked right ??!

does the vehicle have any flashing LED in the dash for security system etc, in a pitch black environment that will keep the camera recording, changes in lighting are the same as movement from the image sensors perspective

Exactly ! I was suspecting that too, but no, i had one on the dashboard so i covered it with a dark black cloth, nothing else, not sure what is causing the cam to record continuously, i looked at some of the videos, nothing seems out of the ordinary, and front cam is just facing the wall of the garage parking !...

it's probably too dark for motion detect to be a viable option anyway, better to either use timelapse or low bitrate mode and save space

Back