VIOFO A129 non-IR 1080p Modified Firmware MODs Archive

Another night footage using v 4Uf:
I think the sharpness if a bit too soft - just my impression....

L.E. - On a second thought, I think in reality we see quite the same amount of detail under the same conditions so maybe it can just remain like that :)
How about adding a Sharpness menu so that everybody can use their preferred setting?

Last edited:
Another night footage using v 4Uf:
I think the sharpness if a bit too soft - just my impression....

L.E. - On a second thought, I think in reality we see quite the same amount of detail under the same conditions so maybe it can just remain like that :)
How about adding a Sharpness menu so that everybody can use their preferred setting?
Great foggy night A129Duo 4Uf footage, not ideal conditions for IQ assessment but looks better than expected in fog. What is the RAW bitrate of those clips? 16 or 8Mbps? thanks for sharing.
Sharpness Menu will be added shortly with 3 selectable levels = Strong - Normal - Soft.
Currently Beta Testing acceptable sharpness values for each level, once done Menu Option will be added. Recently discovered incorrect sharpness table values making adjustments for Alpha testing phase.

Great foggy night A129Duo 4Uf footage, not ideal conditions for IQ assessment but looks better than expected in fog. What is the RAW bitrate of those clips? 16 or 8Mbps? thanks for sharing.
Sharpness Menu will be added shortly with 3 selectable levels = Strong - Normal - Soft.
Currently Beta Testing acceptable sharpness values for each level, once done Menu Option will be added. Recently discovered incorrect sharpness table values making adjustments for Alpha testing phase.
The bitrate is 16 Mbps. I added links to the RAW files in the YT description.

Last edited:
I only just got my A129 Duo, but a big shout out to the Modders and testers making this device better and better.

@BCHobbyist Your YouTube channel introduced me to the Viofo cams a while back. I researched for ages and toyed with the idea of high end BlackVues and Thinkwares, but eventually swung back around to the A129, and after finding this community I'm glad I did.

Kudos (y)

Created new A129Duo - STABLE version 4Uh with same acceptable IQ from 4Uf. See post #1 of this thread for details and ChangeLog.
Welcome to Wacky Weekday MODs !!
This MOD is based on newest official VIOFO FW v1.50 with the following changes:
Added: New parking mode solution, support VIOFO 2 wires and 3 wires ACC hardwire kit.
Added: 2fps, 3fps options for time lapse parking mode
Added: Support show SSID, Car License number, Customize Text on APP.
Added: Support rear camera mirror
Added: Time zone option: -2:30
Updated: Support take a video snapshot while lock the video by remote control
Updated: Wake up the screen first while press the Menu / Rec / Mic / Video Source switch button in screen save mode;
Updated: Date format YY/MM/DD changed to YY – MM – DD
Updated: Enter parking mode duration 90s changed to 5mins while use 2 wires hardwire cable
Also included @BC Rural 's suggestion for customized Microphone-Off icon 43121 to improve visibility when pressing the MIC button.

FWA129_MOD-4Uh_v1.50+24Mbps+Sharp123+Edge132+DCTeam.bin
Download 4Uh > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ah-xFtJiKOoB-xKdxwiGSkBRh9A1BCR9

Higher Bitrate MODs improve image detail and increase MP4 video clip size.
---
DCTeam - CEO/CEH/CDO/DRD/DSP/IQE/PDU/SFC/LLS
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BCHobbyist

Last edited:
Created new A129Duo - STABLE version 4Uh with same acceptable IQ from 4Uf. See post #1 of this thread for details and ChangeLog.
Welcome to Wacky Weekday MODs !!
This MOD is based on newest official VIOFO FW v1.50 with the following changes:
Added: New parking mode solution, support VIOFO 2 wires and 3 wires ACC hardwire kit.
Added: 2fps, 3fps options for time lapse parking mode
Added: Support show SSID, Car License number, Customize Text on APP.
Added: Support rear camera mirror
Added: Time zone option: -2:30
Updated: Support take a video snapshot while lock the video by remote control
Updated: Wake up the screen first while press the Menu / Rec / Mic / Video Source switch button in screen save mode;
Updated: Date format YY/MM/DD changed to YY – MM – DD
Updated: Enter parking mode duration 90s changed to 5mins while use 2 wires hardwire cable
Also included @BC Rural 's suggestion for customized Microphone-Off icon View attachment 43121 to improve visibility when pressing the MIC button.

Download 4Uh > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ah-xFtJiKOoB-xKdxwiGSkBRh9A1BCR9
---
DCTeam - CEO/CEH/CDO/DRD/DSP/IQE/PDU/SFC/LLS
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BCHobbyist

Thanks, just downloaded the previous one half an hour ago lol - will dl this one now :)

Mine is installed. Will be running from the morning.

Thanks mate.

I only just got my A129 Duo, but a big shout out to the Modders and testers making this device better and better.

@BCHobbyist Your YouTube channel introduced me to the Viofo cams a while back. I researched for ages and toyed with the idea of high end BlackVues and Thinkwares, but eventually swung back around to the A129, and after finding this community I'm glad I did.

Kudos (y)
Welcome to the Largest DashCam Forum on the Planet!
VIOFO Dash Cams offer the most bang for your buck, great value even at regular price, just pick the model with features, options and Lens to match your needs. The ability to switch to 5 volt Power Bank using common miniUSB connector is an advantage. The A129Duo with Wifi is the most advanced model and we're all still testing hardware options. Will shift my focus from A119S to A129 very soon, the big disappointment is the low 20-16-8Mbps Bitrates which I plan to increase on front camera. Expect Big changes very soon, thanks for the Kudos.

3 front and 3 rear videos of 3 minutes each on the new STABLE 4Uh:

RAW STABLE FRONT 1

RAW STABLE FRONT 2

RAW STABLE FRONT 3

RAW STABLE REAR 1

RAW STABLE REAR 2

RAW STABLE REAR 3

YouTube same sequence:

The sun was brighter in the earlier video, getting duller into the last.

Paul.
Very good early A129 4Uh footage, everyone has dull cloudy weather even here in Vancouver. These 16Mbps clips show strong sharpness with slight halo outline effect, color saturation is strong but acceptable, suggest angle Lens up 1-click. thanks for sharing these test clips, that parking lot clip#2 is very revealing, well done.
Can you record MP4 clips in 60fps with Rear camera disconnected + Wifi Off + Bitrate High so 24Mbps is used. Will spend more time searching FW to unlock Bitrate limits then set Front Cam to 16-26Mbps and Rear Cam 6-12Mbps.

Here's another dull cloudy daytime footage using 4Uh (CPL on both cameras)

And some early morning video, with a bit of underground parking in the beginning:

Last edited:
Here's another dull cloudy daytime footage using 4Uh (CPL on both cameras)

And some early morning video, with a bit of underground parking in the beginning:

Thanks for sharing the 4Uh 16Mbps footage, even on cloudy dull day it looks good. Can you record a few MP4 clips in 60fps with Rear camera disconnected + Wifi Off + Bitrate High so 24Mbps is used. There should be a noticeable IQ improvement with higher bitrate.

I installed v 1.5 and my cam is sitting on my dining room table in test mode. Any way to turn off the red LEDs? Would make it more stealth at night IMO.

I installed v 1.5 and my cam is sitting on my dining room table in test mode. Any way to turn off the red LEDs? Would make it more stealth at night IMO.
Agreed, a useful feature but VIOFO removed the MENU > LED > Off option in the A129Duo in FW1.42 FW1.50, while it remains in A119Pro + A119S + A119 and works perfectly.
If enough A129 owners request the LED>Off menu setting VIOFO will restore it.
I'll add it to my To-Do-List.

I'll add it to my To-Do-List
Is it possible to also add a selectable time for entering parking mode? Viofo changed it to 5 min (which I think it's way too long) at the request of some people that have some funky issues with their cam or to cover what if then scenarios when in heavy traffic.

Thanks for sharing the 4Uh 16Mbps footage, even on cloudy dull day it looks good. Can you record a few MP4 clips in 60fps with Rear camera disconnected + Wifi Off + Bitrate High so 24Mbps is used. There should be a noticeable IQ improvement with higher bitrate.
Hi again,
I just uploaded some clips filmed using only front camera - 60 FPS & 24 Mbps:

Here's the link to MP4 files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qfRCL8-T1yzIUi98e0u3nu5sTskj5MUO

Last edited:
Is it possible to also add a selectable time for entering parking mode? Viofo changed it to 5 min (which I think it's way too long) at the request of some people that have some funky issues with their cam or to cover what if then scenarios when in heavy traffic.
Agreed, 5min delay before Parking Mode starts is long but seems to fix other issues. Adding a selectable delay of 2-5mins would be appreciated but probably confuse owners since everyone would just set 2mins.
If I can locate the delay value code will make an adjustment.
I'll add it to my To-Do-List.

Back