A129 Parking mode stops working after ~2 hours

It seems like I'm getting this problem too. After a few hours of parking mode, footage stops getting written to the micro SD card.

- A129 Duo (front and rear)
- GPS on
- Wifi off
- Parking mode motion low sensitivity
- Parking mode G sensor high sensitivity
- No boot delay
- V1.9
- Using a 256GB Samsung Evo Select micro SD card
- HK3 is set to 12.0 V

In the morning, I will walk past my car/camera to trigger motion and get inside. The recording LED is solid, indicating that it is recording. I press the 2 squares button to turn on the screen and see that it shows parking mode and the blinking red recording light on the screen.

Let's say the time is 8AM. I'll start my car, which will kick the A129 out of parking mode into driving mode. I would then stop the recording and look through the footage and see that it has 2 clips for 8AM (for the few seconds I entered driving mode), and then the clips before that could be something like 1AM. The A129 had power when I went into my car in the morning, and it indicated that it was recording, but nothing was on the SD card. Still trying to troubleshoot and try different configurations, but it's a slow process

I'll see if I can get a recording of the issue next time
Try using a 5 sec boot delay. Not sure why, but some users find it helps.

Yep for some reason using the 5 second boot delay eliminated the issue for me. Not sure if it was a combination of boot delay and switching to a High Endurance SD card, but im happy now. (I'm still using the IR firmware on my A129 Duo so my rear cam is in black and white, but I dont mind that at all, Havent tried switching back to the v1.9 firmware with the boot delay yet. Testing tonight!)

It seems like I'm getting this problem too. After a few hours of parking mode, footage stops getting written to the micro SD card.

- A129 Duo (front and rear)
- GPS on
- Wifi off
- Parking mode motion low sensitivity
- Parking mode G sensor high sensitivity
- No boot delay
- V1.9
- Using a 256GB Samsung Evo Select micro SD card
- HK3 is set to 12.0 V

In the morning, I will walk past my car/camera to trigger motion and get inside. The recording LED is solid, indicating that it is recording. I press the 2 squares button to turn on the screen and see that it shows parking mode and the blinking red recording light on the screen.

Let's say the time is 8AM. I'll start my car, which will kick the A129 out of parking mode into driving mode. I would then stop the recording and look through the footage and see that it has 2 clips for 8AM (for the few seconds I entered driving mode), and then the clips before that could be something like 1AM. The A129 had power when I went into my car in the morning, and it indicated that it was recording, but nothing was on the SD card. Still trying to troubleshoot and try different configurations, but it's a slow process

I'll see if I can get a recording of the issue next time

Also try it with GPS Off, Ive been going with that for now without issue, Ill also test that tonight and see if it works

Yep for some reason using the 5 second boot delay eliminated the issue for me. Not sure if it was a combination of boot delay and switching to a High Endurance SD card, but im happy now. (I'm still using the IR firmware on my A129 Duo so my rear cam is in black and white, but I dont mind that at all, Havent tried switching back to the v1.9 firmware with the boot delay yet. Testing tonight!)
Try using a 5 sec boot delay. Not sure why, but some users find it helps.

Unfortunately, the 5 second boot delay didn't work

=====
My experience so far:
Let's assume a 9am-5pm job
- Dash cam with hardwire kit was installed on Saturday morning. Set voltage cut off to 12.2V

- Monday 8am, camera was powered off, adjusted voltage cut off 11.8V
- Monday 5pm, saw camera was still powered, adjusted voltage cut off to 12.0V

- Tuesday 6pm, took Samsung Evo Select micro SD card out of the dash cam and into the house. Put my old 64GB Lexar 633x into the dash cam, formatted it, and then left it there overnight.
Reviewing the footage, I saw parking mode recorded on Monday just fine in the morning while at work, and throughout the night
However, saw parking mode on Tuesday only recorded 9am-1pm, and missing 1pm-5pm

- Wednesday 8am, (viewing through dash cam screen), the last few clips seemed to be indicating parking mode worked no problem. Replaced 64GB lexar 633x with the 256GB samsung evo select
- Wednesday 5pm, saw recording LED was solid red, turned on screen and it indicated parking mode and recording. I started engine to switch to driving mode, paused recording, and saw parking mode stopped recording to card around 12pm

- Thursday 8am, same thing happened as Wednesday 5pm above (signs of recording, but reviewing footage on dash cam showed it didn't write to card). Clips showed the previous recording to be at 8pm. Adjusted voltage cut off to 11.8V
- Thursday 5pm, same thing happened as Wednesday 5pm above. Clips showed previous recording to be at 12pm. Adjusted voltage cut off back to 12.0V. Adjusted boot delay to 5 seconds.
- Thursday 11pm, same thing happened as Wednesday 5pm above. Clips showed previous to be at 8pm. Adjusted boot delay back to 0 seconds and formatted samsung evo select card.

- Friday 8am, reviewing the last few clips on the dash cam seemed to indicate parking mode worked properly (I am looking at the time stamps)
=====

I hope that wasn't a mess to read and understand. I'm wondering if the issue is related to when the card is full, runs into an issue with deleting footage and then it gets stuck and not able to write to the card (since the LED lights and camera screen seem to indicate that it is writing to the card).

My 256gb samsung evo select was shipped and sold by amazon.com so unlikely for it to be a fake. Defective? Possibly. I didn't see anyone mention that this card had any issues with parking mode. I'm going to continue monitoring and see if the issue continues. If it doesn't, then I'll check to see if the problem reoccurs when the card is full. Hopefully I can finish troubleshooting this before the return period ends!

I found I was having this problem, and it ended up being my mistake on choice of power feeds. I had one of them on the door locks circuit in a 2015 Honda CRV, and the power was sometimes off. It was powering one wire but not the other, and it seemed to be working but would often go dead. When that happened, I had to remove the wire from the dashcam and reconnect and it would usually come back. I also noticed a delay of about 3 minutes going between the two modes.

I since found a better power source for the always on feed, and it now works reliably. It made it through the night, only recording a couple times when there was motion in my garage, and switches back and forth from motion detection and regular mode. I used the car about 6 times today and it switched within 10 seconds or so each time.

Using production firmware v 1.9 with a129 duo (non IR) and viofo hw kit (wired direct to dashcam, not to gps mount). I have it set to 12.2 volt cutoff (or whatever one down from the highest voltage is)

I had to lower the rear camera, because even at the lowest sensitive setting it was picking up EVERY car going by on the main road where I work (2 aisles of cars away). We'll see how that works out next week :)

So far so good, with 1.9!

2019-08-10 13.45.23.jpg

Mike

Also try it with GPS Off, Ive been going with that for now without issue, Ill also test that tonight and see if it works

Sadly, still getting the issue despite trying different configurations. Has the new settings (non IR firmware, boot delay, gps, etc.) made any difference for you? Tried a new 256GB samsung evo select and still getting the issue. I can't tell if the issue is with the dash cam or the micro SD card

I'm going to test if the issue also happens when set to low bitrate mode. If it does, I'm going to test with my old 64GB lexar 633x to try and narrow down whether the issue is related to the micro SD card or the dash cam

Sucks reading about your issues, like Rhody Mentioned some times you think you have a hot where it is hot but on a delayed circuit. Like my wife’s car has a delayed with her doors locking. Kind of freaked us out but after a couple of minutes the car will lock up. I forget it does this and the reason I carry spare key in my wallet . I would check your circuits. I don’t know much about the camera so I can not help with that.

Sucks reading about your issues, like Rhody Mentioned some times you think you have a hot where it is hot but on a delayed circuit. Like my wife’s car has a delayed with her doors locking. Kind of freaked us out but after a couple of minutes the car will lock up. I forget it does this and the reason I carry spare key in my wallet . I would check your circuits. I don’t know much about the camera so I can not help with that.

The camera is still powered when I enter the car. It's just that the footage stops being written to the micro SD card after 1-5 hours despite the recording lights indicating it is. So I think the issue is different from what you described.

These guys on here will square you away, even the company will chime in to help, I hope you will find out soon

Just an update

For anyone interested, here's a video that I captured the other day showing the problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd28xf9y0p8g7bi/IMG_1318.mp4?dl=0

I got home around 5pm, and went to check up on my dash cam at around 10pm. I purposely walked in front of the dash cam to trigger the motion detection, and got inside my car. You can see that the recording light is on and indicating it is writing to the micro SD card. I started the car to get it to change to driving mode. It then started to record a driving mode clip. I stopped the recording and went to view the past history. You'll see that it stopped writing to the micro SD card around 5:45pm.

It's been over 48 hours with low bitrate parking mode and that has been working excellent, which leads me to believe it is not the Samsung Evo Select micro SD card. Also, I got the not writing to micro SD card problem with my lexar 633x micro SD card when in Auto Event Detection parking mode, which seems to reinforce that it is not the micro SD card.

At this point, I'm not sure what the issue is. Could it be a firmware related bug with the Auto Event Detection parking mode?

I got the dash cam when it was on V1.5. I upgraded the firmware to V1.9, pressed the reset button on the camera with a paper clip to reset it, and also clicked "default settings" through the menu after resetting.

I pretty much did the same as you. I have two A129's in my garage at home, in identical vehicles, and they have been operating fine. I did find one of them powered off one morning, but I assumed maybe the low power cutoff activated - from the Viofo hw kit. My two units were the very first production units received in USA, a week before other dealers. They had the first firmware, and have been updated several times since. Currently they are both at 1.9, from 1.5, with the same reset. One has a 64gb card, the other has a 256gb card. Both are SANDISK ULTRA A1 types, which I have been running for about a year (before I recently added the hw kits to both vehicles) (SanDisk 256GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card - 100MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card - SDSQUAR-256G-GN6MA)

If I experience the behavior you are seeing, I'll let you know, but so far I am not having the same experience.

Just an update

For anyone interested, here's a video that I captured the other day showing the problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd28xf9y0p8g7bi/IMG_1318.mp4?dl=0

I got home around 5pm, and went to check up on my dash cam at around 10pm. I purposely walked in front of the dash cam to trigger the motion detection, and got inside my car. You can see that the recording light is on and indicating it is writing to the micro SD card. I started the car to get it to change to driving mode. It then started to record a driving mode clip. I stopped the recording and went to view the past history. You'll see that it stopped writing to the micro SD card around 5:45pm.

It's been over 48 hours with low bitrate parking mode and that has been working excellent, which leads me to believe it is not the Samsung Evo Select micro SD card. Also, I got the not writing to micro SD card problem with my lexar 633x micro SD card when in Auto Event Detection parking mode, which seems to reinforce that it is not the micro SD card.

At this point, I'm not sure what the issue is. Could it be a firmware related bug with the Auto Event Detection parking mode?

I got the dash cam when it was on V1.5. I upgraded the firmware to V1.9, pressed the reset button on the camera with a paper clip to reset it, and also clicked "default settings" through the menu after resetting.
Have you tried using a battery power supply to see if you get the same result? Of coarse it won’t immediately enter parking mode when the car is shut off, but it would be a good test to bypass the hardwire kit.

Have you tried using a battery power supply to see if you get the same result? Of coarse it won’t immediately enter parking mode when the car is shut off, but it would be a good test to bypass the hardwire kit.

Do you think it could be the hardwire kit even though Low Bitrate parking mode worked without issue?

Do you think it could be the hardwire kit even though Low Bitrate parking mode worked without issue?
No idea, but I think it’s worth trying. Some say the issue was fixed for them by using the boot delay, so anything is possible. I know the boot delay didn’t work for you.

Sucks reading about these problems with this camera

By any chance, Do you have wifi turned on 24/7? If so, this could be an unintentional factor and possible reason why my two cams work fine and yours does not. Just checking in case it is something that needs to be toggled, to free up resources and heat. If on, it may be worth a try toggling it off. If it is already disabled, then nevermind :)

By any chance, Do you have wifi turned on 24/7? If so, this could be an unintentional factor and possible reason why my two cams work fine and yours does not. Just checking in case it is something that needs to be toggled, to free up resources and heat. If on, it may be worth a try toggling it off. If it is already disabled, then nevermind :)

Wifi is turned off

I found I was having this problem, and it ended up being my mistake on choice of power feeds. I had one of them on the door locks circuit in a 2015 Honda CRV, and the power was sometimes off. It was powering one wire but not the other, and it seemed to be working but would often go dead. When that happened, I had to remove the wire from the dashcam and reconnect and it would usually come back. I also noticed a delay of about 3 minutes going between the two modes.

I since found a better power source for the always on feed, and it now works reliably. It made it through the night, only recording a couple times when there was motion in my garage, and switches back and forth from motion detection and regular mode. I used the car about 6 times today and it switched within 10 seconds or so each time.

Using production firmware v 1.9 with a129 duo (non IR) and viofo hw kit (wired direct to dashcam, not to gps mount). I have it set to 12.2 volt cutoff (or whatever one down from the highest voltage is)

I had to lower the rear camera, because even at the lowest sensitive setting it was picking up EVERY car going by on the main road where I work (2 aisles of cars away). We'll see how that works out next week :)

So far so good, with 1.9!

View attachment 47920

Mike

May I ask which fuse slot you plug it into? I have the same car. I use fuse #26 (power tail gate) for battery and fuse #28 (washer) for acc. Both are unused empty fuse slot originally. I found my dashcam sometime does not want to turn back on from parking mode due to voltage cut off for a long period of time.

Last edited:
May I ask which fuse slot you plug it into? I have the same car. I use fuse #26 (power tail gate) for battery and fuse #28 (washer) for acc. Both are unused empty fuse slot originally. I found my dashcam sometime does not want to turn back on from parking mode due to voltage cut off for a long period of time.

I actually wired TWO 2015/2016 Honda crv's both with A129 duos (both in my garage right now) and they have been been rock solid reliable. I used two fuse slots that were BLANK (spares) and this worked perfectly. I think one may be for the optional trailer wire kit, the other I don't know. Here is a photo of the fusebox so you will know which ones. I believe the lower one is always on, the top one is switched (yellow wire). I believe I used #28 and #10, which were empty. Because they were empty/didnt need power back to the fuse box, I only put one fuse in each of the add-a-fuse kits. The fuses that came with the kit were of inferior quality, but the kit itself was great.

For Honda CRV 2015/2016: (both years are the same vehicle)
The hardwire kit I used: Official VIOFO kit
The fuse tap kit I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01BU59QA8
The spare fuses I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B004AH4O9W

For the ground, I put a small self tapping screw directly into the back wall above the steering wheel, and that worked fine for each vehicle. (There's a place where you can peel the insulation back, drill it in and tighten down the ground wire, then replace the insulation so it is completely hidden) I tie wrapped the "brain" up to a harness above the fuse box, but have the switches just below so the voltage can be adjusted if needed.

For the first car, I ran the rear camera wire over the ceiling liner. For the second one, I found it easier to run it through the door frames (the rubber pulls right off and there is a channel inside) The rear cameras are right in the center, on the glass, and I made a small notch at the bottom of the rubber seal that the door closes on to (still waterproof).

I mounted the front cameras just to the RIGHT of the rear view mirror and (touring/lane control system) vehicle camera system hump/assembly that lives behind the rear view mirror. This way they are out of the driver's view/obstruction. On our previous (a119) cameras, we had them to the left of the mirror and it wasn't ideal and could block the view a bit.

If latest firmware/programmed correctly/wired correctly, a few seconds after you turn the power on or off you'll hear a couple chirps from the device as it goes from Driving mode to parking mode. You'll see a symbol of a vehicle on the top left when powered on, and a person when power is off and it is detecting motion. (auto mode)

Glad to help. PM if you have any other questions.

Good luck!
Mike
2019-08-10 13.45.23.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: LMN

Using my portable power bank got the same result. It stopped writing to the micro SD card after a while

However, the other day, I flashed to V1.8, and then flashed to V1.9 (did it this way so that I can see it successfully flashed to V1.9 by seeing the numbers change), pressed the reset button on the camera, and then clicked reset to default settings in the menu...and so far, I have not encountered this problem again

I'll continue monitoring for the next few days, but hopefully that was all it took to fix my problem

Hello,
My A129 Duo sometimes also stop recording, after a few hours of parking mode.
I have a Blackvue B124 battery back, what is hardwired to my car fuse panel, and the A129 Duo with HK3 hardwired kit connect to B124 battery (the HK3 cutting voltage switch set to the minimum value), and so the dashcam automatically turn on parking mode when stop my car, and back to normal recording when start the car. I use this setup about 2 months ago, the battery keeps powered on the dashcam approx 24 hours in parking mode, and usally works perfect.

But yesterday, and somtimes earlier, after a few hours (2-3) of parking mode stopped the recording, and when I went back to the car, and turn the engine on, started the recording again.

The cam firmware is official 1.9, I using auto detect parking mode.
The B124 battery is fully charged, when I leaved the car, so it should have worked.
The outside temp is about 27-28 degres celsius, but the car was in the shadows.

Has any kind of log of the A129, where I can see why turn off the parking mode recording? Or what is the problem?

My yesterday recording, where appears the gap (16:53 - 19:28).
Screenshot_20190820_120645_com.viofo.viofo.jpg

Back