A129 Pro firmware

I recently noticed that my A129 Pro Duo is behaving weirdly every time when switching from parking mode to driving mode. Instead of normal switch, it reset itself. Sometimes it reset 2 times before being able to enter driving mode.

I already tried formating the sdcard and the problem remain. This actually started after a long journey I made (8 hours nonstop). After that, the next day when I start the car the problem was seen and remained since.

Anyone encountered such problem before?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Turned out the issue is caused by poor car battery. After I changed the battery, the problem went away. So, A129 Pro can also be used to determine if we should change the car battery. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Yesterday on 26 of March a new firmware is on the viofo site V2.2.
Using all Mac/Apple devices, the link doesn't work. Had no issue download v2.1. Which was a few days ago. Anyone having issue with download using Big Sur OS.

I am using Big Sur, latest version, so it may be the reason, as apple privacy is activated. However, I quickly installed latest Window 10 (ISO image from Microsoft site) on my mac, using apple bootcamp, gave it a small partition and downloaded it that way, despite the fact I didn't register it. It allows me to do the things I need to, but won't allow personalization, which doesn't matter to me, as I avoid windows. Still need it to update my Radenso pro radar unit using windows. They promised a mac version, but haven't delivered. Once done, I restart back into Mac Big Sur 11.3 Beta 5.

Update: I don't use dropbox and I think my Little Snitch has outgoing dropbox from 0 to 10 blocked. Part of the stevenblack0.lsrules. I see if disabling it fixes it. Nope that didn't fix it, though it would have been an additional reason. Google drive may also be at fault as it does tracking which Safari blocks. I know the "catcha" when creating account won't work. Hopefully VIOFO can give another option for downloading....

I am sure happy with VIOFO, their support of their hardware and Mac OS. - Thanks VIOFO.

Last edited:
Using all Mac/Apple devices, the link doesn't work. Had no issue download v2.1. Which was a few days ago. Anyone having issue with download using Big Sur OS.
I had no trouble downloading on Linux.

I don't happen to own the A129 Pro but as a test I tried downloading the firmware using two different iMacs and had no problems. Neither are running Big Sur however. The file is 28.9 MB. Be sure to click the download icon on the top right hand corner of the page you land on after clicking the initial link.

I just downloaded suing a WINDOWS machine with no issues.

There is a changelog for V2.1 but nothing is mentioned for the V2.2
It may be to soon but does anyone knows yet what has been changed, improved, added or modified?

Ooops...meant to say WiFi Station mode.

Here it's described for the A129: https://www.viofo.com/en/blog/how-to-switch-a129-dash-camera-to-wifi-station-mode-with-app-b54.html

It allows the dashcam to connect to your home network. This solves some issues. Most people don't connect to their dashcam while driving, I don't think. However, when at home, if the dashcam could connect to the home network, you could view or transfer items from your PC or phone that is also connected to the same home network. Instead of having to choose to connect to the dashcam, both the dashcam and your phone, etc connect to the home network.

I've not seen it for the A129 Pro Duo. If they have the code, they should be able to add it for the A129 Pro Duo, you'd think.

@Vlad1977 Ok, so i was thinking about the same thing, I just wasn't sure and didn't want to play smartass. :geek: There are some signs of the potentional support (probably due to SDK) in A129Pro's firmware - used system asks for some missing scripts when one tries to enable it.

I just downloaded suing a WINDOWS machine with no issues.

There is a changelog for V2.1 but nothing is mentioned for the V2.2
It may be to soon but does anyone knows yet what has been changed, improved, added or modified?
Well, i would assume the changelog for "v2.1" which is currently at the website is actually for v2.2 because of this. In other words nothing to write home about...

Last edited:
@Vlad1977 Ok, so i was thinking about the same thing, I just wasn't sure and didn't want to play smartass. :geek: There are some signs of the potentional support (probably due to SDK) in A129Pro's firmware - used system asks for some missing scripts when one tries to enable it.

Well, i would assume the changelog for "v2.1" which is currently at the website is actually for v2.2 because of this. In other words nothing to write home about...
I see now. Looks like they missed changing the number to V2.2 in the changelog instead.

Ooops...meant to say WiFi Station mode.

Here it's described for the A129: https://www.viofo.com/en/blog/how-to-switch-a129-dash-camera-to-wifi-station-mode-with-app-b54.html

It allows the dashcam to connect to your home network. This solves some issues. Most people don't connect to their dashcam while driving, I don't think. However, when at home, if the dashcam could connect to the home network, you could view or transfer items from your PC or phone that is also connected to the same home network. Instead of having to choose to connect to the dashcam, both the dashcam and your phone, etc connect to the home network.

I've not seen it for the A129 Pro Duo. If they have the code, they should be able to add it for the A129 Pro Duo, you'd think.
I had never installed the Viofo app on my phone as I did not see transferring files or viewing video on my phone as useful. Being able to access the files through my wifi on the other hand is useful. Now I have to update to 2.2 on both my cameras to try this out.

BTW, which is the "last" button described in the instructions?

@DAP Pay more attention, those are instructions for old non-Pro A129 which has Station mode implemented. A129Pro still doesn't have it, he was asking for that feature.

The webinterface is accessible even without the StationMode though, it's just a bit more complicated because it acts as a stand-alone AP with own network.

Last edited:
I have been defeated. I can not connect to my wifi because I can't enter my wifi name. When I try to enter the apostrophe in the name, it duplicates the text I have already entered. I can not enter my wifi's name, so I can't get my camera to connect to my wifi.

@DAP Pay more attention, those are instructions for old non-Pro A129 which has Station mode implemented. A129Pro still doesn't have it, he was asking for that feature.

The webinterface is accessible even without the StationMode though, it's just a bit more complicated because it acts as a stand-alone AP with own network.

I am disappointed.

Hey everyone posting this here as I didn't want to create a thread for a simple question.

I installed my A129 Pro on my new car that has tinted windows including the rear windshield.

I just installed the rear dashcam, works great but after viewing footages of the front and rear camera side by side I can tell them video from their rear is darker which I attributed to the tinted rear windshield.

I always get mixed up with the exposures, in my case, should I increase the exposure to try to brighten the image?

I always get mixed up with the exposures, in my case, should I increase the exposure to try to brighten the image?
Should be best to leave it on zero, the difference between front and back is probably due to the sun.being in one direction.

Usually the rear camera is more bright compared to front camera.
Post a snapshot with the rear camera so we can see why your image is dark.

Here's a snap. There isn't any direct sunlight in this footage, it's late afternoon and the sun is about to set (blocked by the buildings) and you can see how the rear camera is noticeably darker than the front.

aaiTMZp.png

What do you guys think?

Back