A129 Pro firmware

Yes it's right
ver 2.5 without dark video
ver 2.7 with dark video but no lock
version higher - all other problems

Hi all, been lurking for a while and signed up recently, I've got an A129 Pro Duo, had it for almost a year now.

I was running the v2.9 20221225 fw, but thought I'd try 2.10T., but I've noticed something, and apologies if this is already know I did have a quick search, which didn't answer my question..

Parking Mode on v2.10T.
If you select AED on the camera then go into the app it says its low bitrate.
Change it to AED in the app and the camera says low bitrate.
This is not an issue on v2.9 20221225.

Just me or a known issue?

Thanks.

Hi all, been lurking for a while and signed up recently, I've got an A129 Pro Duo, had it for almost a year now.

I was running the v2.9 20221225 fw, but thought I'd try 2.10T., but I've noticed something, and apologies if this is already know I did have a quick search, which didn't answer my question..

Parking Mode on v2.10T.

Thanks.
I switched to 2.5 because of all of the issues with 2.9 and 2.10.

Parking Mode on v2.10T.

Thanks.
This is common for T (Testing) firmware.
It seems app and firmware are developed by different teams and the app doesn't recognise testing firmware.
When there in doubt or there is a difference, always refer to the setting in camera.

Hi all, I've got the 129pro front only cam with V2.2 . I've been reading this thread carefully and it appears that my next upgrade should be v2.5 !
Does anyone have a direct link for this version as I understand it's the best option to improve the wdr video quality ?

Thanks all in advance

Hi all, I've got the 129pro front only cam with V2.2 . I've been reading this thread carefully and it appears that my next upgrade should be v2.5 !
Does anyone have a direct link for this version as I understand it's the best option to improve the wdr video quality ?

Thanks all in advance
Above v.2.5.
Below are other versions just in case.

What firmware is everybody using? I’m on 2.5 and it seems to not want to lock videos when I hit the exclamation button.

Above v.2.5.
Below are other versions just in case.

Thanks for the links.
Have you noticed that on the website you linked to https://www.captureyouraction.com/pages/viofo-a129-pro-firmware they don't list fw 2.5? It goes from 2.4 straight to 2.7. Any idea why?

This would usually lead me to think that something is wrong with fw 2.5 and that VIOFO advised against installing it but I can see just above a few people recommending fw 2.5?

Any explanation why this website is not listing fw 2.5?

I've got my old A129pro running fw 2.1 and recently it started to add all parking mode footages into the "RO" folder.

I bought a 2nd A129 pro last year and it came installed with FW 2.7, and so far it's been running without issue.

I want to update my old A129pro, the one that locks all the parking mode videos, was thinking to go with 2.7 since it's working fine on my 2nd A129 pro :unsure:

But a quick read of this thread and I see most people recommending fw 2.5.

Maybe I can try 2.5 and see if it works fine, if not try 2.7.

Though I'm just curious about why fw 2.5 is not available from the above website, I see you also provided a link to download fw 2.5 via a google drive

Thanks for the links.
Have you noticed that on the website you linked to https://www.captureyouraction.com/pages/viofo-a129-pro-firmware they don't list fw 2.5? It goes from 2.4 straight to 2.7. Any idea why?

This would usually lead me to think that something is wrong with fw 2.5 and that VIOFO advised against installing it but I can see just above a few people recommending fw 2.5?

I've got my old A129pro running fw 2.1 and recently it started to add all parking mode footages into the "RO" folder.

I bought a 2nd A129 pro last year and it came installed with FW 2.7, and so far it's been running without issue.

I want to update my old A129pro, the one that locks all the parking mode videos, was thinking to go with 2.7 since it's working fine on my 2nd A129 pro :unsure:

Though I'm just curious about why fw 2.5 is not available from the above website, I see you also provided a link to download fw 2.5 via a google drive
This is a private site and the owner has the right to post on it what he sees fit. Viofo cannot tell him which firmware to install and which not.
The owner of the site comes to the forum and I think he will better explain to you why firmware V2.5 is not on the site.

Thanks for the links.

V2.5 may have been a beta and never officially released by Viofo, I don’t recall. Either way, I don’t have this version in my archive, so it never ended up on the site.

V2.5 may have been a beta and never officially released by Viofo, I don’t recall. Either way, I don’t have this version in my archive, so it never ended up on the site.

I would try the latest, V2.9, and see how you like it. It's easy enough to change versions to see which you like best.

Hey, thanks for the insights.
Ok, I'm gonna try 2.7 then since it's working great on my other A129 Pro.

Last question, in general with electronic devices, it's not recommended and sometimes impossible to downgrade. What about dashcam and the A129pro in particular? Can we safely downgrade fw? (followed by a factory reset after updating fw)

Last question, in general with electronic devices, it's not recommended and sometimes impossible to downgrade. What about dashcam and the A129pro in particular? Can we safely downgrade fw? (followed by a factory reset after updating fw)
The firmware can be upgraded and downgraded without harm to the DVR.

Hey, thanks for the insights.
Ok, I'm gonna try 2.7 then since it's working great on my other A129 Pro.

Yes, you can change firmware to any version without issue.

Back