A129 Pro firmware

Which firmware does not lock the files? I was given a firmware but it still locks it. Pretty annoying

Yes, the video quality is refined, you may contact us below if you have other questions.
Unlocking AED parking files is only for customized firmware, not for general firmware.
If you have any other issues, please feel free to contact us.

Which firmware does not lock the files? I was given a firmware but it still locks it. Pretty annoying

You can contact Viofo-support via the link above to request for the firmware - they didn't post it here.

I just realized that with the firmware v2.9 20220902, parking mode does not always work well for me. The change from driving mode to parking mode is done well. But the change from parking mode to driving mode is not always done and it keeps parking mode while I am driving and records the video at 10fps.
I'll try new v2.9 20221225 without much hope that it has been solved.

I just realized that with the firmware v2.9 20220902, parking mode does not always work well for me.

The big question here is do you use Hardwire kit, or do you just use GPS-based parking mode switching?

The big question here is do you use Hardwire kit, or do you just use GPS-based parking mode switching?
It is true. I use the hardware kit HK3.

I have not detected that problem with previous versions. But yesterday I had to review an incident with a pedestrian while I was driving and the video did not appear into 'Movie' folder. Surprised, I looked into the 'Parking' folder and almost all the videos were correct with the vehicle parked. But there were a few (including the one I was looking for) of the car in motion but recording in parking mode at 10fps

It is true. I use the hardware kit HK3.

I have not detected that problem with previous versions. But yesterday I had to review an incident with a pedestrian while I was driving and the video did not appear into 'Movie' folder. Surprised, I looked into the 'Parking' folder and almost all the videos were correct with the vehicle parked. But there were a few (including the one I was looking for) of the car in motion but recording in parking mode at 10fps
Try using the 2.10 firmware that VIOFO posted a few pages back.

Try using the 2.10 firmware that VIOFO posted a few pages back.
From this morning I'm testing v2.9 (December release). The v2.10 of August and the v2.9 (September release) sometimes gave me an even worse problem: on some occasions when changing from drive to park or vice-versa, the recording led started blinking fast (without doing beep also despite having the beep sound configured) and it did not record. Had to reset the camera. If December's v2.9 continues to give me the same problem, I'll go back to v2.7, which is the most stable I've tested so far.

From this morning I'm testing v2.9 (December release). The v2.10 of August and the v2.9 (September release) sometimes gave me an even worse problem: on some occasions when changing from drive to park or vice-versa, the recording led started blinking fast (without doing beep also despite having the beep sound configured) and it did not record. Had to reset the camera. If December's v2.9 continues to give me the same problem, I'll go back to v2.7, which is the most stable I've tested so far.
Damn. I may switch back to 2.7 until they can figure it out. Thanks!

Don't forget to manually default the cameras settings in the menu after any firmware change. After defaulting settings, you should then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.

Good tip. I usually select default settings menu, then hard reset with a paperclip for ten seconds, and then again default settings and format SD card.

Today I've had the same problem v2.9 (20221225) reported above. Also found in v2.9 (20220610), v2.9 (20220902) and v2.10T (20220812)

It happens once out of fifty: When switching from parking mode to driving mode, the camera starts flashing the recording LED quickly but without audible warning and does not record.

-I use the HK3 kit. Just in case it was a problem with my hardwire kit that is several years old, I have changed it for a new one but the problem persists.
-Beep is enabled. If I stop recording manually, LED flashes but beep sounds. In this issue, LED flashes but buzzer doesn't beep.
-Once it fails with the LED flashing, it never recovers even if the car is parked again. You have to long press the left button to restart dashcam.
-Only occurs when changing from parking to driving. It never stops working while I'm driving. If the change from parking mode to driving mode is done ok (almost always), it does not give any problem when driving.

What I have been doing for a few months is to look at the LED when I start the car to check that the transition from parking mode to driving mode has been done correctly.
Because if I don't look at it and it fails at night, I see the brightness of the LED quickly. But if it fails with sunlight, I don't realize it's not recording and it's dangerous.

I'm going to try the 2.7 that I don't remember having that problem.

Today I've had the same problem v2.9 (20221225) reported above. Also found in v2.9 (20220610), v2.9 (20220902) and v2.10T (20220812)

It happens once out of fifty: When switching from parking mode to driving mode, the camera starts flashing the recording LED quickly but without audible warning and does not record.

-I use the HK3 kit. Just in case it was a problem with my hardwire kit that is several years old, I have changed it for a new one but the problem persists.
-Beep is enabled. If I stop recording manually, LED flashes but beep sounds. In this issue, LED flashes but buzzer doesn't beep.
-Once it fails with the LED flashing, it never recovers even if the car is parked again. You have to long press the left button to restart dashcam.
-Only occurs when changing from parking to driving. It never stops working while I'm driving. If the change from parking mode to driving mode is done ok (almost always), it does not give any problem when driving.

What I have been doing for a few months is to look at the LED when I start the car to check that the transition from parking mode to driving mode has been done correctly.
Because if I don't look at it and it fails at night, I see the brightness of the LED quickly. But if it fails with sunlight, I don't realize it's not recording and it's dangerous.

Report back and I am sure a bunch of us will be changing firmware unless @VIOFO-Support can figure out the problem. Thanks!

What memory card are you using and when was it last formatted?

What memory card are you using and when was it last formatted?
Sandisk High Endurance 256GB

I format the card every week. However, the recording rotates daily. 256GB room with the two cameras recording 24h in h265, fills up the card in about 26-30h depending on whether the car has been moving or parked longer.

BTW, I usually record in h265 hidden mode because the videos are smaller but I have also tried in h264 official mode and the problem persists.

I also format the card every time I change the firmware and reset the camera to default

the firmware problem started with file locking
you need to install software that doesn't do this
ver.2.7 and below

Back