A129 pro intermittent bump problem?

It does not. The files don't get locked to the RO folder either.
Ok...then it still points to the loose connection somewhere. You mentioned that the camera came with a hardwire kit and I wonder if the cigarette lighter adapter and the usb power cord was included also. If so, you could try the cigarette adapter temporarily to see if that makes a difference.

You have the 3 wire hardwire kit?
Yes, all tucked away and ziptied inside the fusebox. The video I just uploaded explains why I don't think it's power related or related to the front camera at all.

Try to power it from the 12V cigarette socket for a while and see if the same happens.

Yes, all tucked away and ziptied inside the fusebox. The video I just uploaded explains why I don't think it's power related or related to the front camera at all.
If the acc power cuts briefly the video should stop and start without rebooting, I still suspect your rear camera is the most likely cause though

Yup, probably either the rear camera or rear camera cable.

In your video, the camera doesn't appear to say /4K UHD on it (under the buttons) which is odd. I have never seen a the A129 Pro without that marking. Maybe I just can't see it in your video for some reason?

Attachments

• A129 Pro Marking.jpg
    A129 Pro Marking.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 8
@mms1361, over many years of living on a bumpy dirt and gravel mountain road and owning multiple dash cams I've occasionally encountered similar, hard to track down intermittent connectivity problems related to shock and vibration.

One of the best things you can do, either to cure the problem or to help troubleshoot it is to try a good quality contact cleaner/enhancer. This can completely eliminate the kind of issue you are reporting. It has for me, more than once.

It is not uncommon that dash cam wiring connections in an automotive environment can become oxidized to the point where even a securely plugged in cable can be making a poor or intermittent connection.

Any good quality contact cleaner will work but the very best I've found is called DeoxIT D5 (along with several others from the same D-series of products). This product not only eliminates oxidation, it also chemically improves electrical connections.

I periodically treat ALL dash cam cable connections with this stuff and it keeps everything running trouble free. Everyone can benefit from doing this once in a while.

As mentioned, using a contract cleaner is also useful for troubleshooting as it eliminates a potential cause of the problem. On one occasion it helped me track down a failed cable. If this technique doesn't fix your issue it certainly won't hurt anything.

https://caig.com/deoxit-d-series/

deoxit.jpg

Last edited:
If the acc power cuts briefly the video should stop and start without rebooting, I still suspect your rear camera is the most likely cause though
I understand now, I was trying to figure out why you guys were thinking it was front cam related.
Yup, probably either the rear camera or rear camera cable.

In your video, the camera doesn't appear to say /4K UHD on it (under the buttons) which is odd. I have never seen a the A129 Pro without that marking. Maybe I just can't see it in your video for some reason?
It may or may not have it. It was a review unit sent directly from viofo. Although it was fully boxed in retail packaging.
@mms1361, over many years of living on a bumpy dirt and gravel mountain road and owning multiple dash cams I've occasionally encountered similar, hard to track down intermittent connectivity problems related to shock and vibration.

One of the best things you can do, either to cure the problem or to help troubleshoot it is to try a good quality contact cleaner/enhancer. This can completely eliminate the kind of issue you are reporting. It has for me, more than once.
i have a can of CRC contact cleaner as well as dielectric grease. The cables have mostly been in place since day one but living in Arizona I also understand dust gets everywhere. Won't hurt to try!

It's probably one of the pre-released samples or early retail ones. I got "retail" sample without marking as well.

@mms1361 was faster. :D

Last edited:
So after driving a week with the rear camera unplugged I didn't get any recording failures that were activated by rear hatch or bumps in the road. I reconnected the rear camera yesterday but didn't do much driving. Today I go to shut the hatch and voila I hear the beep again and I'm back to my initial problem

Back