A139 3CH no 60 FPS on the front camera

Keep in mind phones don't have multiple lenses, they have multiple sensors and lenses, trying to squeeze that into an acceptable form factor using hardware appropriate for dashcam use is only part of the challenge, there's a lot more smarts in even low end mobile phones these days, not to say things can't change but I think we're still a long way off something like this in a dashcam

Erm yes when I said lenses I did also mean separate sensors. Sorry about the ambiguity. It's given that the lenses are not interchangable. Too many phone reviews just call the entire optical stack as "lenses".

Erm yes when I said lenses I did also mean separate sensors. Sorry about the ambiguity. It's given that the lenses are not interchangable. Too many phone reviews just call the entire optical stack as "lenses".
yeah I get what you meant, just clarifying as mobile phones can squeeze a lot of hardware in a small space, for something functionally equivalent but suitable for dashcam use would require a lot more space

people generally want to see as much as possible around the vehicle, everything in one direction less so

it's not like it's not doable, it's a limited market though and hard to make a business case for it I think

I think you would be surprised at how many people might be interested in a dual lens wide/telephoto dash cam. Everyone who sees my wide/tele footage asks where to get one and are then disappointed you simply can't buy such a camera commercially. Then I get requests to build them a telephoto dash cam. As Steve Jobs is famous for saying, "People don't know what they want until you show it to them!"

I think you would be surprised at how many people might be interested in a dual lens wide/telephoto dash cam. Everyone who sees my wide/tele footage asks where to get one and are then disappointed you simply can't buy such a camera commercially. Then I get requests to build them a telephoto dash cam. As Steve Jobs is famous for saying, "People don't know what they want until you show it to them!"
what I mean by hard to make a business case for it, in round numbers you need to sell 10,000 pieces to recoup the tooling and development costs of a new model, while I agree there is a market for that type of product I think it would take a long time to get to 10,000 pieces, if they couldn't sell quick enough the costs would likely never be recouped unfortunately

what I mean by hard to make a business case for it, in round numbers you need to sell 10,000 pieces to recoup the tooling and development costs of a new model, while I agree there is a market for that type of product I think it would take a long time to get to 10,000 pieces, if they couldn't sell quick enough the costs would likely never be recouped unfortunately

You never know. You might just start a trend. That's what Steve Jobs was talking about. Then again, Street Guardian is not a company known for innovation. It's known for making versions of products that others have pioneered.

You never know. You might just start a trend. That's what Steve Jobs was talking about. Then again, Street Guardian is not a company known for innovation. It's known for making versions of products that others have pioneered.
costs money to innovate

hilarious

Like it or not Ric, the fact is it's true. Your SG965GC V1, V2 and V3 models were essentially the generic B-40 with newer components and better build quality. Your current wedge cams are more or less Viofo clones with some different components. And everything is marketed in such a way as to have everyone believing they are practically some sort of Veblen good. That's your business model. There's nothing wrong with that approach, I guess. I like that Viofo keeps trying new things and pushing the envelope. The three channel screen-less A139 is a good example, as was their Gitup F1 and a few others.

Hey guys...

Thanks for the answers. I even opened a ticket asking Viofo.
What I even found out through tests by another user is that by disabling a camera you can get the 60fps option on the front camera.

At the same time, Viofo's support confirmed this option, to which I replied that it is counterproductive to physically disable the camera, since the A139's main proposal is connectivity.

They then replied that in fact, it would be possible to disable it only by long pressing the first button (from left to right) on the camera. However, this only turns off the device by default. Has anyone had a different experience?

I even suggested to them that it could be done logically and not physically.

60 FPS ?​

Greetings friends. Despite the official product description, dozens of reviews on the internet etc. the 60FPS option for the front camera is not available in the app for configuration. This already with the latest firmware version number V1.1 update. Any prospect of correcting this problem?
JPG
186513634_10...
(234 KB)
  • profile_image

Dane Ji
    said 4 days ago
    Hi Andre Campos,

Good to know you are interested,
    The 1440P 60 fps is available when only the front cam is working,
    and can not support when more channels,
    We hope you can understand, and of course, we are working on that part.
    You may advise your suggestions.
    Ticket: https://support.viofo.com/helpdesk/tickets/107097

Best regards,
    VIOFO Support Team
    Website:www.viofo.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/viofo.world
  • A
    Andre Campos
    said 3 days ago
    I understand. Perhaps they could consider the possibility of disabling one of the cameras logically and not physically (from app). Apparently, (tested on image attach) the 60fps option is enabled when you only have the front and rear camera. It would be really interesting if it were possible to at least be able to disable the internal camera via app to enable the 60fps option on the front camera. Physically disconnecting one of the cameras is the opposite of the A139's idea of connectivity. Not to mention that you can damage the equipment's if you need to do it repeatedly. It would be interesting to ascertain this possibility with its developers. This is my third Viofo camera. I had the A119 V2, the A129 duo 2ch and I understand that a change like this would not impact the sale of other models, there is that it does not mean to enable a 4k option. Please consider this possibility, if it is feasible. Thanks for the reply and have a great week.
    JPG
    187490793_10...
    (142 KB)
  • profile_image

Dane Ji
    said 2 days ago
    Hi Andre Campos,

Thank you for choosing our products and your advice,
    You can actually turn on/off the interior cam by pressing the most left button on the cam,
    You may have a try,
    and we will pass your suggestion about controlling the channels on the app to our technicians.
    if you have any other problem, you may contact us.
    Ticket: http

Best regards,
    VIOFO Support Team
  • A
    Andre Campos
    said 20 hours ago
    Excellent. I did not know. I'll try. Thanks for the answer.
  • A
    Andre Campos
    said 10 minutes ago
    I tested the left button. A short press turns on and off the IR lights. A long press turns off the unit entirely. I didn't see any way to disable the interior cam.

Last edited:
I don't know about the front camera only... (firmware as well as the app up to date)

Screenshot_20210520-232415_VIOFO.jpg

I received the answer to my last question:

Hi Andre Campos,

Sorry, my typo,
There is still no function to disable channels by buttons or app,
While we have passed the advice to our technicians and hope new firmware will have that.
We will be at your disposal.

Best regards,
VIOFO Support Team
On Thu, 20 May at 4:25 PM
I tested the left button. A short press turns on and off the IR lights. A long press turns off the unit entirely. I didn't see any way to disable the interior cam.

Last edited:
Back