A139 not turning on after long parking mode(SOLVED)

aprilia

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Dash Cam
A118-C
I bought the @viofo A139 3ch model and activated the parking mode with the HK3-C kit. I am using a Samsung Evo Plus 256 gb card and I have no problems recording while driving.

The problem doesn't always happen. There are 3 options in parking mode, I have the same problem in all of them. Let's see what the problem is.

I park my car and go home. That's when parking mode comes into play. When the battery of my vehicle falls below 12.0v, the HK3 automatically cuts off the energy. This is also normal. There is no problem with the parking records so far. The problem occurs when I turn on the vehicle ignition after the power has been cut off by the HK3. Only the REC lamp stays on and the camera does not turn on. Power button is useless. Camera gets stuck on boot. The only solution is to disconnect the USB-C cable from the camera. After that it continues to work properly.

For example, I parked my car and started my car again while recording in park mode. There is no problem here either. This problem only happens when the camera is powered off and the car is started when parking mode is on.

I've seen people who have similar problems with the A129 on the forum. But even though it is written that it is solved with the parking mode change, this problem continues for me. I have been using the A118c for the last 8 years until today and I have not had a single problem because I only used it while driving.

@VIOFO-Support

Last edited:
I bought the @viofo A139 3ch model and activated the parking mode with the HK3-C kit. I am using a Samsung Evo Plus 256 gb card and I have no problems recording while driving.

The problem doesn't always happen. There are 3 options in parking mode, I have the same problem in all of them. Let's see what the problem is.

I park my car and go home. That's when parking mode comes into play. When the battery of my vehicle falls below 12.0v, the HK3 automatically cuts off the energy. This is also normal. There is no problem with the parking records so far. The problem occurs when I turn on the vehicle ignition after the power has been cut off by the HK3. Only the REC lamp stays on and the camera does not turn on. Power button is useless. Camera gets stuck on boot. The only solution is to disconnect the USB-C cable from the camera. After that it continues to work properly.

For example, I parked my car and started my car again while recording in park mode. There is no problem here either. This problem only happens when the camera is powered off and the car is started when parking mode is on.

I've seen people who have similar problems with the A129 on the forum. But even though it is written that it is solved with the parking mode change, this problem continues for me. I have been using the A118c for the last 8 years until today and I have not had a single problem because I only used it while driving.

@VIOFO-Support
Also try the voltage limit at 12.2 or 12.4. Also try the 5 or 10 second delay option for the first start.

maybe it will help the problem and the solution.

Also try the voltage limit at 12.2 or 12.4. Also try the 5 or 10 second delay option for the first start.

maybe it will help the problem and the solution.
Thanks for the advice.
I tried the 10 second delay option and this fixed the issue temporarily but it's causing another issue. I think this is about my car. My car is Seat Arona my2021 and when the ignition is turned on, the cigarette lighter fuse is energized and cuts off for a short time at the starter. Then it powers up again. In this case, when the camera is turned on normally, it enters parking mode for a short time and then when it is turned on again, the beeping sound never stops because the recording stops. I also have to press the rec key or it acts as if I stopped the recording.

Any advice for this problem?

Thanks for the advice.
I tried the 10 second delay option and this fixed the issue temporarily but it's causing another issue. I think this is about my car. My car is Seat Arona my2021 and when the ignition is turned on, the cigarette lighter fuse is energized and cuts off for a short time at the starter. Then it powers up again. In this case, when the camera is turned on normally, it enters parking mode for a short time and then when it is turned on again, the beeping sound never stops because the recording stops. I also have to press the rec key or it acts as if I stopped the recording.

Any advice for this problem?
check the cable connections. Maybe it will solve the other problem as well.
If you try the red wire to the central lock fuse and the yellow wire to the rear wiper fuse, it will solve the problem.

I had sort of the same a few years ago with a SG9663DR camera, which i just used parking guard on for 1 hour on the timer.
But my issue then was in my car had been parked less than 18 hours, the camera would start as it should, but if i had been parked for over 18 hours, the system would not come on.
I tried boot delay ASO but nothing worked.
Then i changed the battery in my 2012 car even if it was not showing any signs of failure as it charged +14 volts and was 12.4 volts just the battery after one night of being parked, but none the less the new battery for my car made the problem go away.
And the low voltage cut off on the hard wire kit was set to the 12.2 volts i always use.

It was very strange indeed, but another tester also had similar problems, but i can not recall if his fix was the same.

Lately using a viofo camera ( A229 ) that have been flawless for many months, well side for when i tested memory cards not compatible.
Well somehow i got the camera to record all the footage to the RO folder, which was just stupid strange, so strange i am active trying to see if i can make that problem appear again, CUZ sadly i formatted the memory card where i should first have taken some screen shots of the strange file structure with 0 new drives in the regular folder but plenty of those in the RO folder.

It is however a very strange thing i have never heard about before,,,,,, so not something that should set off alarm bells, the camera also performed normal the second i put in a compatible memory card.

So in the persuit of more strange, well the memory card that triggered that freak out, well it is back in the camera,,,,,,, and it was also funny it started to fail ( boot on startup ) CUZ i have tested the same card before and back then it worked just fine, and it also just error 2 days, but then it worked fine again,,,,, well aside for it put the recorded files in the wrong folder.

you could try and set the viofo hard wire kit all the way down to 11.8 volts, just for a day or two to see in thats okay, but since you have also tried boot delay the car should be started and charging way over 12 volts, so it should not be a problem

you could try and set the viofo hard wire kit all the way down to 11.8 volts, just for a day or two to see in thats okay, but since you have also tried boot delay the car should be started and charging way over 12 volts, so it should not be a problem
I had sort of the same a few years ago with a SG9663DR camera, which i just used parking guard on for 1 hour on the timer.
But my issue then was in my car had been parked less than 18 hours, the camera would start as it should, but if i had been parked for over 18 hours, the system would not come on.
I tried boot delay ASO but nothing worked.
Then i changed the battery in my 2012 car even if it was not showing any signs of failure as it charged +14 volts and was 12.4 volts just the battery after one night of being parked, but none the less the new battery for my car made the problem go away.
And the low voltage cut off on the hard wire kit was set to the 12.2 volts i always use.

It was very strange indeed, but another tester also had similar problems, but i can not recall if his fix was the same.

Lately using a viofo camera ( A229 ) that have been flawless for many months, well side for when i tested memory cards not compatible.
Well somehow i got the camera to record all the footage to the RO folder, which was just stupid strange, so strange i am active trying to see if i can make that problem appear again, CUZ sadly i formatted the memory card where i should first have taken some screen shots of the strange file structure with 0 new drives in the regular folder but plenty of those in the RO folder.

It is however a very strange thing i have never heard about before,,,,,, so not something that should set off alarm bells, the camera also performed normal the second i put in a compatible memory card.

So in the persuit of more strange, well the memory card that triggered that freak out, well it is back in the camera,,,,,,, and it was also funny it started to fail ( boot on startup ) CUZ i have tested the same card before and back then it worked just fine, and it also just error 2 days, but then it worked fine again,,,,, well aside for it put the recorded files in the wrong folder.
check the cable connections. Maybe it will solve the other problem as well.
If you try the red wire to the central lock fuse and the yellow wire to the rear wiper fuse, it will solve the problem.
Thanks everyone for the replies. I had the opportunity to try it for a few days. The 12.0, 12.2 etc methods didn't make any difference. So is the delayed start. The root of my problem lies in the fact that my vehicle cuts the electricity for a short time from the cigarette lighter fuse, on the basis of turning the ignition to start it. To solve this, I had to activate the delayed parking mode (90 seconds) option. In this way, my camera, which switched to parking mode despite a short-term power cut in the ACC cable and tried to switch to normal mode when the power came back on, did not have to be confused. Short power outage no longer makes my camera stupid as it doesn't go into park mode right away.

Back