A139 No longer working, support needed

ungus

Reaction score
Country
United States
@viofo @VIOFO-Support

I've had the A139 3CH for almost a year now. It was working fine until yesterday. I turned on the Wi-Fi, the blue light came on, said "Wi-Fi enabled", then after a second, the [Wi-Fi] light turned off. Now the [Rec] light blinks, and the [Mic] light is solid while the unit beeps.

I powered it down, removed the SD Card and formatted it as FAT32, and tried again, with the same result. [Rec] light blinking, [Mic] light solid and beeping.

I bought a VIOFO and SanDisk Extreme card yesterday, formatted them to FAT32 and have the same issue with them as well.

I reset it to factory defaults (using both reset methods, button combination and the reset pin hole). It boots up as normal and says it's recording (using any of three SD cards I have). But once I enable Wi-Fi, it does the same as mentioned initially. States Wi-Fi is enabled, then immediately turns off, and it's back in the loop of [Rec] light blinking, [Mic] light solid and the unit beeping.

Thanks for your time

@viofo @VIOFO-Support

I've had the A139 3CH for almost a year now. It was working fine until yesterday. I turned on the Wi-Fi, the blue light came on, said "Wi-Fi enabled", then after a second, the [Wi-Fi] light turned off. Now the [Rec] light blinks, and the [Mic] light is solid while the unit beeps.

I powered it down, removed the SD Card and formatted it as FAT32, and tried again, with the same result. [Rec] light blinking, [Mic] light solid and beeping.

I bought a VIOFO and SanDisk Extreme card yesterday, formatted them to FAT32 and have the same issue with them as well.

I reset it to factory defaults (using both reset methods, button combination and the reset pin hole). It boots up as normal and says it's recording (using any of three SD cards I have). But once I enable Wi-Fi, it does the same as mentioned initially. States Wi-Fi is enabled, then immediately turns off, and it's back in the loop of [Rec] light blinking, [Mic] light solid and the unit beeping.

Thanks for your time
So sorry for the issues. Have you tried to update the firmware and detach the interior and rear camera to test? Please format the card to FAT32 first and download the firmware from this link: https://viofo.com/content/35-viofo-a139-dash-cam-support/
After updating, please reset the camera by pressing the R hole for seconds. If the issue persists, we suspect the WiFi module in the camera is defective now. You can return it to repair at that point.

So sorry for the issues. Have you tried to update the firmware and detach the interior and rear camera to test? Please format the card to FAT32 first and download the firmware from this link: https://viofo.com/content/35-viofo-a139-dash-cam-support/
After updating, please reset the camera by pressing the R hole for seconds. If the issue persists, we suspect the WiFi module in the camera is defective now. You can return it to repair at that point.
Thank you for the quick response, much appreciated! The interior and rear cameras are detached. I reformatted the card as FAT32 and updated the firmware, then reset it via the R hole. Unfortunately, the same issue. How do I go about returning it for repair?

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for the quick response, much appreciated! The interior and rear cameras are detached. I reformatted the card as FAT32 and updated the firmware, then reset it via the R hole. Unfortunately, the same issue. How do I go about returning it for repair?

Thanks for your help.
It is our pleasure! Please open a ticket here to get further help: https://support.viofo.com/support/tickets/new

@viofo @VIOFO-Support

Thanks for your time
Have you tried with a single camera? When wifi is turned on, it asks for extra power and if other cameras are active, if there is a cable and power problem, it may be turned off. Have you tried a different cable and power method after that?

The remote cameras can some times give problems due to a broken wire or bad connection at a plug, that is why Viofo ask to try and unplug those and just run with the main camera alone.
But as this happened while the camera was already on and running, then i doubt it is a wire issue, but still a easy thing to test.

I also doubt it is the power supply going bad, but hey it could happen too, but at least if its not totally dead the above test might also show if that is the case, alternative you can try and take the main camera out of the car and power it by a USB charger at home ( one with a sufficient output and the correct plug to go into the A139 )
I use a few fairly old charging bricks when i meddle with dashcams at home, or do static testing on them in my living room window sill.
Some of those charging bricks are a decade old now but still work just fine, i thing a couple of them are so old they dont even support fast charge.

Thanks for your help.
Did you ever get your cam to work? What ended up happening?

Did you ever get your cam to work? What ended up happening?

I did; the Wi-Fi module was bad, so I RMA'd it. Turnaround time was about ten days—smooth experience; details here.

I did; the Wi-Fi module was bad, so I RMA'd it. Turnaround time was about ten days—smooth experience; details here.
oh ok well thats good has the cam been running smoothly?

oh ok well thats good has the cam been running smoothly?
I noticed it's been running hot lately. Although it's been great, I have had to power cycle it once since then because it froze. Here's hoping it doesn't happen again.

Back