A229 Duo Dead after less than a month.

linpai

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well that was a short run. I have had my dash cam for less than a month installed and this morning when I started my car it didn't turn on. I checked the cables and pressed the power button and got nothing. I've just gotten home, brought it inside and plugged it into a USB C wall charger and still cannot get any response from it at all. Seems to be completely dead.
Pretty disappointed with the whole experience all in all. Anyone else had the A229 crap out on them?

Well that was a short run. I have had my dash cam for less than a month installed and this morning when I started my car it didn't turn on. I checked the cables and pressed the power button and got nothing. I've just gotten home, brought it inside and plugged it into a USB C wall charger and still cannot get any response from it at all. Seems to be completely dead.
Pretty disappointed with the whole experience all in all. Anyone else had the A229 crap out on them?
Have you tried with no sd card?

Yep. No dice.
Try it with power from gps. Another suggestion, you can try a computer connection. These are basic tests we can do ourselves. I can't think of anything else.

did you update?

Try it with power from gps. Another suggestion, you can try a computer connection. These are basic tests we can do ourselves. I can't think of anything else.

did you update?
I've tried computer, power bank and wall plug. None work. I don't have GPS so unfortunately I cannot. I updated it a couple of weeks back before it was installed.

did you update?
Just realised what you meant with the GPS comment. It also doesn't power through it either.

There is a small reset button next to the USB-C port on the side of the A229. Have you tried pressing that?

One of those occasions where something may have failed. You have a warranty, I'd get an exchange. The A229 cams are excellent.

Paul.

Sometime it can be resolved by firmware upgrade, copy the firmware to the sd card and then connect it with external charger.

Back