A229 Pro 3ch parking mode settings with ivolt mini

ToxicMatt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So on my own car I’ve had the ivolt mini for a few years running a Thinkware U1000 and I’ve never noticed the mini not still powering parking mode.

I installed a A229 to the wife’s car with a ivolt mini, to see how long its lasts I fully charged the battery, got back an made sure the light was green, this was at 8pm, I’ve gone back to the car at 2am and looked in and the power light on the dashcam has gone off, that’s less then 6 hours of parking mode.

I have parking mode set to motion detection with low detection setting and live on a very quite close so not much going on to set it off.

Any ideas on the best setting to make the battery last longer please?

Oh, hardwire kit set to lowest, I think that was 11.8v

57.6Wh = Thinkware iVolt Mini
6.73 Watts = A229 Pro 3-CH AED Parking Mode power consumption
6.67 Watts = A229 Pro 3-CH LBR Parking Mode power consumption
6.25 Watts = A229 Pro 3-CH TLR Parking Mode power consumption

57.6Wh ÷ 6.73 Watts AED = 8.5 Hours

153Wh IROAD Power Pack Pro 12
153Wh ÷ 6.73 Watts = 22.7 Hours

First - You did not mention what is your parking duration timer setting, when you are testing parking battery set it to OFF or at list to 12h in your case.

Second – In the most cases the rated Wh is for the Battery Cells inside, in real life there is always some sort of self-consumption by BMS, balancing, LEDs, voltage regulations circuits, etc. It is usually small but it adds up in dash cam application and should not be ignored, hence Battery Pack efficiency is never 100%, as a good practice, I would assume about 0.9 ± efficiency.

Realistically you should get about 57.6*0.9/6.7= 7h 40 min

Taking in account 11.8V cut-off by HK probably close to 7h ±.

First - You did not mention what is your parking duration timer setting, when you are testing parking battery set it to OFF or at list to 12h in your case.

Second – In the most cases the rated Wh is for the Battery Cells inside, in real life there is always some sort of self-consumption by BMS, balancing, LEDs, voltage regulations circuits, etc. It is usually small but it adds up in dash cam application and should not be ignored, hence Battery Pack efficiency is never 100%, as a good practice, I would assume about 0.9 ± efficiency.

Realistically you should get about 57.6*0.9/6.7= 7h 40 min

Taking in account 11.8V cut-off by HK probably close to 7h ±.
Parking duration is off, I’ve removed the interior camera to see if this might extend it, not sure if it makes a difference.

It’s not really a big deal as I was just wanted to know the longest I can get out of it, larger battery pack is pointless as the car would never be driven long enough to fully charge most.

Thank you for the info.

Back