A229 Pro/Plus New Firmware

I'm looking through some sample footage today from the A229 Pro 1CH running 1.2_240227 and I'm noticing that the white balance likes to bounce between magenta and green. It's kind of strange.
Did you have HDR on, or off?
This was filmed 7 days ago with the same firmware V1.2 240227
2-CH Rear (front camera 60 Mbps)
HDR Off
Do you see the same white balance issue in my footage?
I still have the raw footage.
Let me know if you want me to upload it into a google drive folder.

Last edited:
White balance problem exists in both cameras. Frankly, since I use it entirely with HDR focus, this brightness or darkness or the transition between the two is very obvious in the images when HDR is turned off.

For example, on a partly cloudy day, the clouds look like a whole piece. If HDR is active, the gaps and shadows of the clouds can be distinguished.

When I watch images, I do not like to see either very dark images or bright areas.
When you add a CPL filter to this, darker and brighter areas will increase.

In summary, the white tone in vehicle cameras should never be 100%. maximum 80%. The dark tone should not be 0% either. minimum 10%.

I'm looking through some sample footage today from the A229 Pro 1CH running 1.2_240227 and I'm noticing that the white balance likes to bounce between magenta and green. It's kind of strange.
Bring on 1.3 that's coming soon

I had AutoHDR enabled, but HDR was off since it was midday. Here's a sample clip:

For the first half of the clip it stays greenish. For the second half it switches between greenish and more magenta.

I had AutoHDR enabled, but HDR was off since it was midday. Here's a sample clip:

For the first half of the clip it stays greenish. For the second half it switches between greenish and more magenta.
Did you set the HDR time from the camera or the app? Check if they match each other.
In other words, while you can only select the night range from the camera, the application can select 24 hours, but the camera may not comply with this.
You are probably experiencing a similar situation.
In fact, if you are going to use HDR during daylight hours, select the HDR on option. However, this does not mean that the time setting range will be incorrect.

Here's video from last Friday. The brightness level is changing a lot during this one minute video. The road surface color changes as the brightness level changes. I have the HDR Timer configured and it only turns on HDR during nighttime hours. I've also re-enabled the HDR stamp in the video settings as well, so it should be in the status line if it's enabled (and it's not present in this video).

Did you set the HDR time from the camera or the app? Check if they match each other.
In other words, while you can only select the night range from the camera, the application can select 24 hours, but the camera may not comply with this.
You are probably experiencing a similar situation.
In fact, if you are going to use HDR during daylight hours, select the HDR on option. However, this does not mean that the time setting range will be incorrect.
Thanks, I'm familiar with how the feature is designed to work. I don't remember where I set it, but I remember taking a look in both places. HDR is not being used in that sample clip which is why you don't see the HDR text at the bottom of the screen. (I have the stamp enabled to help me verify whether or not HDR is in use for different clips.)

Thanks, I'm familiar with how the feature is designed to work. I don't remember where I set it, but I remember taking a look in both places. HDR is not being used in that sample clip which is why you don't see the HDR text at the bottom of the screen. (I have the stamp enabled to help me verify whether or not HDR is in use for different clips.)
Yes, it is understood that HDR is not active due to the effect of sky brightness and grass color on the overall video.

In the past, when I tried Auto HDR on the A119 Mini during the day, it was not active. So I was able to try it by changing the time zone.

I checked the a229 and found that the camera and app (android) can be installed anytime within 24 hours.
If you let me know the time period and HDR range you specify, I can try it.

I definitely see what you’re talking about.
Ever since that issue with the HDR AUTO setting on the A139 Pro / A119 Mini 2 I never use the AUTO setting, (only On/Off).
As a waste of time would you be willing to see if you can duplicate the issue with HDR Off?
What I mean to say is, is it possible there is a malfunction with the HDR AUTO setting not working properly?

I have the HDR Timer configured and it only turns on HDR during nighttime hours.
Ever since that issue with the HDR AUTO setting on the A139 Pro / A119 Mini 2 I never use the AUTO setting, (only On/Off).
As a waste of time would you be willing to see if you can duplicate the issue with HDR Off?
What I mean to say is, is it possible there is a malfunction with the HDR AUTO setting not working properly?

No, there's no need because HDR was off. I have the status line option enabled to show "HDR" when it has HDR enabled and "HDR" was not displayed in the status line show HDR was off.

Here's video from last Friday. The brightness level is changing a lot during this one minute video. The road surface color changes as the brightness level changes. I have the HDR Timer configured and it only turns on HDR during nighttime hours. I've also re-enabled the HDR stamp in the video settings as well, so it should be in the status line if it's enabled (and it's not present in this video).

The HDR automatic option cannot automatically intervene in the video outside the specified time.
The brightness variability you see in the video occurs at the level of the dark trees filling the upper right corner.
It reacts this way according to colors (darkness or brightness) in the areas designated for IQ. And these changes can also occur when HDR is not active.

For example, when viewing the a119 mini 2 HDR active video, a large tree is included on the right side of the video and the image is sharpened. However, this image was created using a variable bit value.
Check the bitrate of your raw video throughout the video if you want.

The HDR automatic option cannot automatically intervene in the video outside the specified time.
I'm well aware of how the "HDR Timer" feature works.

Thanks, I'm familiar with how the feature is designed to work.
I'm well aware of how the "HDR Timer" feature works.

I know that you are familiar with vehicle cameras, their working principles and features.
@Vortex Radar @rcg530
The point that needs to be underlined here is not whether the HDR auto option is active, but whether HDR is active at the time of the video.

As you know, the greenish tone and brightness variations that occur when I watch are caused by the variability of the bit value and the colors taken from the reference points on the general video.

I added above that I noticed a similar situation for the A119 mini 2.
You will notice the video you are watching when you slow it down at "00:38 to 00:40" and "00:53 to 00:55 " intervals. Here it seems that while HDR is active, it suddenly becomes disabled and becomes active again. Or vice versa.
I would like to get your opinions too.

Last edited:
Back