A800S Recording Parking Surveillance Video when leaving and arriving the car.

thunderstrike

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hi folks.

I recently upgraded from a 70mai a500 to a800s, I’m using a genuine hardwire kit.
I setup the A800s in the same whey I did on a500, time lapse and parking surveillance video on, but I notice a big difference between both models.

The A800S announce every time I came back to the car “there is a new parking surveillance video”, and when I open the gallery there will be 2 videos, 1 when I leave the car and another when I came back, unless I leave the car and came back with care.

Looks like the A800S does not have a delay after tou turnoff the car, so any shake after turning off the car will result on a “there is a new parking surveillance video” video/message.

So, to sumarize, when I turn off the ignition the camera announces “entering time lapse mode”, but the movement of close the door when leaving or returning to the car will trigger an “there is a new parking surveillance video”.

I don’t want to reduce the sensibility on settings because I want to capture any bump.

Sp any suggestion?

Welcome to the forum thunderstrike.

It is the same issue with the Omni, every time i get back to the car i am told there have been events and to check the footage, but it is just me going and coming.

I dont think you can do much about entering the car, though you could probably code that IF change to regular mode are within a few seconds there will be no entering car created.
When leaving the car, you can just do a few seconds delay.

Welcome to the forum thunderstrike.

It is the same issue with the Omni, every time i get back to the car i am told there have been events and to check the footage, but it is just me going and coming.

I dont think you can do much about entering the car, though you could probably code that IF change to regular mode are within a few seconds there will be no entering car created.
When leaving the car, you can just do a few seconds delay.
Hi Kankar!

Thanks for the welcome message and for your quick reply.

How could I code it? I cant find any option to adjust it on settings. How can I do a few seconds delay when leaving the car?

Well to change in the firmware it demand a level of geek skill i do not have, what i meant was 70mai have to code.
Other cameras i have tested like Viofo and others have up to 90 seconds delay in handing over to parking guard, so that should be quite possible to do for 70mai
Regarding the getting back into car issue, well i think it should be just as easy to code for a person with that skill, but mind you i have often found out that things are not always as simple as i think they are.
But i would assume it was something you could do too.
Something like if startup is within 20 seconds of G-sensor trigger do not create event, if no startup after 20 seconds do create event file, this way we have 20 seconds to get into our car and start it before a false event of us opening the door would be created.

This of course have to play with any RAM buffer there might be, CUZ we would be introducing a delay, so there need to be a place to put things in case it is serious.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kamkar A800S 5
R A800S 2
Badri A800S 10
A A800S 0
Z A800S 1
Back