Accessories you keep on hand

James.R.UstlerIV

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Rexing V1P
Good day,
As the post title indicates, what sorts of dashcam accessories/spares do you all keep with you in your vehicles?

I keep an extra mini USB cable, micro USB OTG adapter, micro SD card, and thumb drive. I also have a couple pre-moistened lens wipes for good measure as well.

I keep a USB battery bank and a short USB cable to connect it for use in or out of the car; also a camera cover (an old cut off low cut black sock) to hide the lens reflection on occasion while mounted; and a microfiber carrying bag for transporting the dismounted camera so I don't get fingerprints on the lens or CPL.

Spare SD card, 4-in-1 OTG card reader and a Lenspen.

Having a wi-fi dashcam means that I don't need OTG card readers, cables etc, don't really need a spare card either since I can transfer the important stuff to the phone for safe keeping, although the police do like to have the original recording in it's original location so maybe it is still wise to carry a spare card.

I might have a mini-lenspen, although that is more for action camera use, and I sometimes have a magnifying glass for reading the tiny LCD screens, although that is also not necessary with wi-fi dashcameras. Sometimes I have a USB powerbank for parking use, but that doesn't normally stay in the car, especially during the summer, for safety reasons.

Best accessory is a CPL filter, but that lives on the camera permanently.

just lack the spare memory card, i will probably get to that soon when i get my glove box / power grid tidied up.
I also have a micro -> SD adapter as that will allow me playback on my head unit.

A spare SDcard and a OTG-reader (if needed in special situations), otherwise, as Nigel, i'm running wifi-enabled dashcams and doesn't as such need a way to transfer the files from the card to another medium other than my phone.

Works with iUSB Pro. Files can be shared and transferred to the Camera Roll (Photos app).

3x powerbanks
MicroSD card cases
2x MicroSD card readers (USB A and USB C)
2x short Mini USB cables
1x short Micro USB cable
Mini screwdriver kit and allen key for lens adjustment and camera reset

Purchased the lightning to SD card camera reader and tested it out and it works just fine with my iPhone 8+ and my iPad Pro. Both up to date iOS 11.3.1. No issues to report. Are you having any problems? I am using the 64gb BlackVue SSD card by the way.

I don't have it yet, wondering what to purchase. I might stop at the Apple Store and try it out tonight.

I don't have it yet, wondering what to purchase. I might stop at the Apple Store and try it out tonight.

I have a cheapie one from Amazon. It uses iUSB Pro software as the app. It works but I would rather get the apple one. Looks like all the cheapie ones uses the iUSB Pro software. Its some Chinese app. That should be reason enough to not use it. I only use it on my iPod touch, don't dare install it on my iPhone.

Couple pens
1x cheap USB car charger
1x portable battery pack/car charger combo
1x phone usb
sd reader on my key chain
half empty, expired box of Nutri-Grain bars in the back seat

Occasionally a powerbank, nothing else

(2) power banks with protective hard shell cases
several spare microSD cards
small roll of spare 3M VHB tape
card reader + Lightning SD card reader with adapters
spare Mobius lens cap
bent paper clip for emergency pressing of re-set button or for removing memory card from camera if I've trimmed my nails
emergency suction camera mount
Loaded handgun with extra rounds
(2) M67 hand grenades (for unusual traffic emergencies where no other resolution seems likely or possible)

that should take care of most situations :p
I'm wondering if that item is off topic or not?
Question was: "what sorts of dashcam accessories/spares do you all keep with you in your vehicles?"...

Back