Akenori NX01 - New Wedge Shaped Camera

Very nice. Mobius A is really bad at night comparatively.
Thanks for your comment. I asked DashCamMan to move my review into the reviews forum.

@Hanty86
Very thorough review, and interesting results compared to the F750. Similar to to what I observed compared with my SG9665, (both F750 and GC are IMX322). The NX01 has a wider dynamic range, but the images are a bit dark and soft.

upload_2017-1-24_10-5-56.png

upload_2017-1-24_10-6-43.png

-40degC (-40degF) !! That's rather cold for getting anything (or anyone) to work. I read you even had -48degC this winter :eek:
Akenori_nx1_freeze-40.jpg

Thats temperatures where i would whine like a little girl preppng my car and getting into it, and driving it for a while untill the cabin heat up and hemorrhoid-grill in seat get going.

Thats temperatures where i would whine like a little girl preppng my car and getting into it, and driving it for a while untill the cabin heat up and hemorrhoid-grill in seat get going.
I was thankful for heated seats this morning, and it was only -4degC.

The weather was frosty, to -48 C. It is a pity to exploit the auto in frost -48C.
This is -43C.
34fe80ec1_709x399_.jpg

2eb5ab196_709x399_.jpg

Yes please keep those temperatures over there, but if you can i would like to see a little snow in Denmark before i forget hot it look and feel.

Only good thing with frost in russia if you go off the road and onto the taiga your car will not sink.

I am curious that they haven't logged in for 2.5 months now, and their website hasn't changed from saying that sales will start on February 1st 2017.

does anyone know what happened to the NX01 dashcam and the fate of Akenori?

My last contact with Akenori was just after my initial review in December 2016. I sent a follow-up enquiry in January but I did not hear back from them.

I'm hoping that they are working on a new camera using their very good image processing in a more conventional body shape.

My last contact with Akenori was just after my initial review in December 2016. I sent a follow-up enquiry in January but I did not hear back from them.

I'm hoping that they are working on a new camera using their very good image processing in a more conventional body shape.
thanks mate, hope so too, would suck if they went under or it's been canned.

I've tried using the NX01 for the past week as a rear-facing camera, while one of my other cameras is away being serviced. Unfortunately it is proving to be rather unreliable and this morning it stopped recording altogether. The lens up/down adjustment knob has also broken - it no longer holds the lens position securely. However it was a pre-release unit so I don't want to be too harsh on the product.

I'm still hopeful that Akenori can produce a working camera based around the good image quality and high dynamic range that the NX01 showed from time to time. It's a pity that we have not heard from them for such a long time.

Back