Alexa won’t work

In the app, skills search, and it was called MyNextbase Dash Cam.
It seems it doesn't work for most or all..I did test it and it did work, but reading the reviews, it looks like it needs an update or something.

I have the MyNextbase Dash Cam skill loaded and showing on my Alexis app but can't find it amongst the Alexa Skills page for you to load .
Haven't tried it since loading

I have sent an email to Nextbase asking what is being done about the Alexa problem and saying this should have been sorted before the kit was put on the market, I await their reply

Hi Graham,

Our Alexa Skill has been and is still currently in processing with Amazon, we're just waiting for their approval and release. We're hoping this will be released within the next few days. Thank you so much for your patience, I'm very sorry about the wait.

Millie

Hi Graham,

Our Alexa Skill has been and is still currently in processing with Amazon, we're just waiting for their approval and release. We're hoping this will be released within the next few days. Thank you so much for your patience, I'm very sorry about the wait.

Millie
If it hasn't been released yet how come I have it loaded and set up on my app? I haven't used it but it is shown as one of my skills

another deadline passed and no Alexa Nextbase skill has appeared, was promised yesterday 18th, what on earth is holding it up?

Tbh I am going off Next base a lot of recent times.

They seem to keep releasing products that are not up to scratch or features that don't work like this whole alexa mess.

This should have all been sorted before the series 2 was released.

I was one of the early adopters of the 512gw with rear camera and there were a lot of complaints with the rear cameras not working properly.

Then an early adopter of the 522gw and whilst the rear camera set up was a lot better the whole extra features promised are of no use whatsoever and I've owned mine for quite some time.

It's really not good enough and next base seemed to use to care and tried to sort problems out on here, now it seems its just a case of fobbing people off and hope for the best.

I really think this will be my last next base camera as they are not cheap so you expect better customer service and products that do the things they advertise.

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

On the whole I am happy with camera, the rear one works fine, but I am fed up with the fact that I cant access the Alexa features, please please Nextbase sort this out!

Tbh I am going off Next base a lot of recent times.

They seem to keep releasing products that are not up to scratch or features that don't work like this whole alexa mess.

This should have all been sorted before the series 2 was released.

I was one of the early adopters of the 512gw with rear camera and there were a lot of complaints with the rear cameras not working properly.

Then an early adopter of the 522gw and whilst the rear camera set up was a lot better the whole extra features promised are of no use whatsoever and I've owned mine for quite some time.

It's really not good enough and next base seemed to use to care and tried to sort problems out on here, now it seems its just a case of fobbing people off and hope for the best.

I really think this will be my last next base camera as they are not cheap so you expect better customer service and products that do the things they advertise.

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk
Hi Simcor,

I'm very sorry to hear you feel this way. I personally deal with all Nextbase issues and forums on this page, as well as Technical Support and I can certainly tell you that I do not 'fob people off'. My aim is to help and assist any any way that I can, as do the rest of the Support Team, but I'm sorry to hear you do not think this is the case.

In regards to Amazon Alexa, the release is completely out of our control. We have submitted the Skill to Amazon and are just waiting for them to approve and release it. We see no reason that the Skill should not be released this Friday, but we've been told this before, so we're taking it with a pinch of salt. We understand that the wait is incredibly frustrating for customers, as it is for us, and we really appreciate everyone's patience involved.

Above you mentioned that there are other features on your 522GW that are of 'no use whatsoever'. I'd be very interested to know what these features are.

Again, I'm very sorry that you feel that our customer service is not up to scratch and I will happily take on any feedback in regards to this if you'd like to provide it.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

I wish to say I have always had good service from NaxtBase, although this problem is annoying it seems to be out of the company's hands and I will continue to support NextBase

NB CS is a constant and reliable source of info on this forum, but there was, relatively speaking, a long time gap between Tiffany and Millie, during which I suspect people thought that they were being ignored.

Hi all,

I just wanted to update you to let you know that the Amazon Alexa Nextbase Skill is now available on the Alexa Skill Store. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Millie-
Nextbase

Hi all,

I just wanted to update you to let you know that the Amazon Alexa Nextbase Skill is now available on the Alexa Skill Store. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Millie-
Nextbase

Great now I am Having trouble connecting the camera via Wi-Fi in the car, eventually connects but takes a long time any tips Millie?

How long is a long time?

Yup, skill is now available and I've enabled it. Annoyingly (and I don't think this is Nextbases problem) but Alexa almost never activates on my phone when it connects to the nextbase. Very occasionally does it work. Shame as it is quite nice when it does.

Back