Always on/Parking mode question

DocEmmerich

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So I finally decided to give the Thinkware x330 a try.

Turns out all my outlet in my f150 are always on. Soooo my question is when I turn off the ignition but the outlet stays on, what makes the camera enter parking mode? How can I get it to shut off without it draining the battery down to the voltage shut off?

I wouldn't mind parking mode, but is there a way on a hot outlet for it to just shut off? Or if I want that do I have to tap the fuse box?

Thanks

Easiest way to use piggy back to tap the fuse box.

a1.jpg

what benefit (if any) does this method of switching to parking mode over blackvues or several other korean dash cams? i like that i can just plug a blackvue into a cellink b or powermagicpro/vico power plus etc and have it switch to parking mode when it feels it hasnt moved in awhile. trying to remember, lukas cams switch to parking mode like blackvue if i recall correctly? its probably been over a year since i used one.

i am using the thinkware f770 right now and really wish I didn't have to use the fuse box as i already have so many things wired it gets annoying using multiple add-a-circuits and re-grounding multiple devices.

what benefit (if any) does this method of switching to parking mode over blackvues or several other korean dash cams? i like that i can just plug a blackvue into a cellink b or powermagicpro/vico power plus etc and have it switch to parking mode when it feels it hasnt moved in awhile. trying to remember, lukas cams switch to parking mode like blackvue if i recall correctly? its probably been over a year since i used one.

i am using the thinkware f770 right now and really wish I didn't have to use the fuse box as i already have so many things wired it gets annoying using multiple add-a-circuits and re-grounding multiple devices.

IIRC, lukas cameras monitor the voltage that it's connected to. it makes the switch between parking/always mode when your motor is off to on and vice versa.

Main benefit is it's a lot less wiring/stuff to hide than a PMP/Power Plus. Some vehicles don't really have room for an extra module and cigarette socket.
Furthermore, if you have your PMP/Power Plus tucked away it's not easy to change settings whereas you can change the settings through wifi or through the SD card
Less wiring is also a drawback with vehicles that have rear mounted fuse boxes (e.g., 300C/BMW/Mercedes) as well as only fuse boxes that are under the hood (e.g., Dodge Ram) since the wire is so short

Some customers also like how it switches into parking mode almost immediately rather than waiting 5 minutes with the Blackvue but this seems like a non-issue with me.

Both setups have their drawbacks, wish they would just make it like BlackSys CH-100B which lets you choose which way of switching into parking mode so it can work with direct hardwire AND power magic pro type hardwiring kits.

Main benefit is it's a lot less wiring/stuff to hide than a PMP/Power Plus. Some vehicles don't really have room for an extra module and cigarette socket.
Furthermore, if you have your PMP/Power Plus tucked away it's not easy to change settings whereas you can change the settings through wifi or through the SD card
Less wiring is also a drawback with vehicles that have rear mounted fuse boxes (e.g., 300C/BMW/Mercedes) as well as only fuse boxes that are under the hood (e.g., Dodge Ram) since the wire is so short

Some customers also like how it switches into parking mode almost immediately rather than waiting 5 minutes with the Blackvue but this seems like a non-issue with me.

Both setups have their drawbacks, wish they would just make it like BlackSys CH-100B which lets you choose which way of switching into parking mode so it can work with direct hardwire AND power magic pro type hardwiring kits.
does the new gen cellink b with the on/off switch by pass the battery and still power the camera while the switch is on off? one thing i dislike about the cellink i have is since there is no switch, i added the 12v hub with a switch myself but sometimes I turn it off to save battery over night but forget to turn it on next time i drive so then my blackvues arent even recording while I am driving. luckily i have a second front cam so i wasnt driving "naked" any of those times but its annoying.

i really want a new cellink or power magic battery that has a timer option too.

Okay. Thanks guys. I ordered the hardwire kit and some fuse taps and just got some vinyl so I can mount the vhb to that and not the windshield for a bit more discreteness and not quite so permanent. So once the kit and taps arrive I'll wire it up. I'm planning on wiring it to the delayed acc so that it stays continously recording until I open the door after the ignition is off, for multiple reasons including having audio in case of a roadside stop.

May have some more questions once the stuff arrives. Cheers.

Back