Amazon Prime Air to deliver packages via flying drones

True for the general public, but this seems to be developed for government use. I would venture to guess that any product developed with the purpose of disabling / intercepting a controlled flying craft above treetop altitudes will be illegal for the general public to deploy in the US. Even the nuts advocating shooting down drones over their property to protect their daughter's modesty would face some legal ramifications for discharging a weapon and possibly more depending on where the bullets landed.

KuoH

Nice, but it's not legal.

For drones, it would probably be more appropriate to drop packages down the chimney or chimney like access hatch. Give it a bright red LED and offer guaranteed late night Christmas Eve delivery and they just might have a few takers.

KuoH

Maybe future drones can automatically unlock your front door and drop off your package on the couch with this new service.

Once losing expensive drones and expensive packages becomes commonplace (and that WILL happen) they will re-think the idea. Right now you can buy a cheap drone and fly it into another drone's props making both crash. The cheap drone may be repairable, but even if not selling the used parts from the Amazon drone will cover that. Then you get whatever was in the package for free :rolleyes: And people will be watching for drone deliveries then go onto your porch to get them (already happening with road-delivered parcels) :( I can make a semi-legal net-shooting gun for under $80 that will reach up to 100m and take down drones :whistle: Laws limit them to low altitudes to protect aircraft so they'll be in easy enough reach of whoever wants to go after them, which will cause the effect to occur :eek:

A wonderful idea for a world we haven't created yet and will not have for decades to come. By the time the world is ready something better will be in place :cool:

Phil

Once losing expensive drones and expensive packages becomes commonplace (and that WILL happen) they will re-think the idea. Right now you can buy a cheap drone and fly it into another drone's props making both crash. The cheap drone may be repairable, but even if not selling the used parts from the Amazon drone will cover that. Then you get whatever was in the package for free :rolleyes: And people will be watching for drone deliveries then go onto your porch to get them (already happening with road-delivered parcels) :( I can make a semi-legal net-shooting gun for under $80 that will reach up to 100m and take down drones :whistle: Laws limit them to low altitudes to protect aircraft so they'll be in easy enough reach of whoever wants to go after them, which will cause the effect to occur :eek:

A wonderful idea for a world we haven't created yet and will not have for decades to come. By the time the world is ready something better will be in place :cool:

Phil

This drone thing is so yesterday! And drone delivery is noisy and takes too long. I'm waiting for instant teleportation of Amazon packages! They'll be announcing it any day now! :borg::joyful:

Skip the drones and go straight to teleportation :D Only then will I be impressed as long as they don't get my order wrong and send an elephant to my living room while I'm at work :eek: :p :ROFLMAO:

Phil

With teleportation there would be no need to unlock doors. And returning items could be lots of fun. If you got really pissed off you could teleport all kinds of amusing, unpleasant items back to the retailer. :sneaky:

I think Danish scientists managed to teleport a photon or something similar small a while back, but we dont have a black budget to fund these things so by now Chinese probably snagged up the info.

Once they perfect the "transporter", you won't need it for packages because you'll already have a replicator. We're already in the very early steps with today's 3D printers making plastic, metal and even edible items.

KuoH

Skip the drones and go straight to teleportation :D

Back