Amazon Prime Air to deliver packages via flying drones

There is hope for us all :D
Yippee!!!! Maybe sometime in the future I'll be able to look in the mirror without cringing. Just replace all the facial components that prevent me from looking like a movie idol. (y)

I just hope it comes with really good software. If I'm forced to do a DIY design with my artistic skills I'll end up looking like this. :(

yoda.jpg

I wonder what happens when a 25mph or 45mph gust comes along. Will drones go down?

That was 2011. There are probably full spare parts clones being manufactured on some secret island by now.

KuoH

I saw that movie! :D But clones are grown in vats and require time to gestate. 3D bio-printed body parts are manufactured and could be duplicated fairly quickly. Just attach the part to a body and the nerves, blood vessels and normal tissues grow into it until it's like it was always there. Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine has produced the "Integrated Organ and 3D Printing System" that can prints ears and stuff which is pretty cool and kinda' weird.

3d+printed+ear.jpg

Apparently, there are also companies producing sheet grown meat products, AKA, Shmeat! :hungry:

There is a company called Modern Meadow I became interested in several years ago that started out as a meat producer but then shifted into bio-printed leather products. They are doing some interesting stuff. With lab produced leather products (or meats) you eliminate all the environmental issues like energy usage, (fuel) , feed, waste, water issues, transportation and carbon emissions for growing cattle. (Plus the animal cruelty/exploitation thing.)

Modern Meadow

Last edited:
I wonder what happens when a 25mph or 45mph gust comes along. Will drones go down?

Just one of the many foreseeable problems they're going to have, but they're dazzled by their technological genius so they don't seem to see what I do. And I ain't smart :rolleyes: This is a "maybe" concept at best and will cause them more problems than they can handle :p Let them try if they want to :D

Phil

Larger, more powerful drones can handle some wind gusts and are programed to self correct. A drone that can lift packages needs to be fairly large and powerful to begin with.

I can remember years ago when someone managed to grow a ear on a mouse.
Vacanti_mouse.jpg

Problem are, can we humanoids print / grow parts faster than the robots can shoot / pull them off us :D

Back