Amazon US and new 0801 vendors

HangFire

Reaction score
Country
United States
I see e-prance and Ojocam is now selling 0801's on eBay, and Ojacam is now a member here.

Are any of these the latest firmware?

I just got my refund from e-prance, and am looking to buy an HD dashcam from a US vendor (that is not e-prance). The 0801 is still everything I want... if it only worked OK. I'm willing to wait and research a bit.

How about @spytec? They are located in NYC, carry the 0801 and are forum members. They sell on their own site, eBay and amazon. They have even been known to price match. I purchased my Mobius from TJ at their store and was happy with the service I received.

Interesting. For a risky purchase, I'd rather rely on Amazon's return policies than eBay's/Paypal's right now.
I just recently bought mine from this seller. It shipped the same day I ordered it and arrived 4 business days later (I live in NorCal, it ships from LA).

Haven't had any problems, although honestly haven't done a lot of driving since I've been sick the past week. But I did fill up my 8gb card and reviewed the footage, all looked well.

It came with the latest firmware 20131202.

I bought mine yesterday from SpyTec on Amazon. I have amazon prime so next day shipping was an extra 3.99. So far a smooth transaction. I've heard buying this cam from China can take over a month for shipping.

On a side note it looks like UPS tracking is saying my package is delayed due to bad weather or natural disaster. But it also shows it's at a local California sort facility and the weather here is great so not sure what's going on. UPS might just be covering themselves because of the bad weather in the Midwest....

FYI, we do currently have the same unit for a lower price on Ebay with the GPS module. https://www.ebay.com/itm/161156508071
We ship out of NYC normally but sometimes use other fulfillment warehouses around the country (especially for Dash Cameras).

That is a good price. I already have a microSD card (actually, like many 0801 owners and former owners, I have several). I was wondering if the 8GB model is preferred or deprecated. If it really doesn't buy me anything I could certainly go for the non-8GB model.

What firmware is this shipping with? And what is this fRImware you speak of? :)

HF

I bought mine yesterday from SpyTec on Amazon. I have amazon prime so next day shipping was an extra 3.99. So far a smooth transaction.

I see that 0801 on Amazon, I also have Prime but I see Free Shipping with no Prime shipping options.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00HFZZSK0
I've heard buying this cam from China can take over a month for shipping.

On a side note it looks like UPS tracking is saying my package is delayed due to bad weather or natural disaster. But it also shows it's at a local California sort facility and the weather here is great so not sure what's going on. UPS might just be covering themselves because of the bad weather in the Midwest....

Yes, I am well acquainted with 0801 shipping times from (and to) China. :(

I have some other stuff on order from last week and this, and have been getting re-scheduling messages from UPS like crazy. The funny part about it is, things usually show up at the originally quoted time, but UPS is obviously preparing me for the possibility some of it won't.

I noticed fRImware and advised the appropriate people, but personally I have nothing to do with eBay or the listings. If it was up to me, everything would be spelled correctly!

The firmware was 131203 on the units we have in stock now, but next week we will get a new shipment with the 131230 firmware.

Do you have access to the flashable binary of 20131230?

Well it came today. Messing with it now... I don't think the cord is long enough to tuck under the headliner/a-pillar and under the dash to the cigarette lighter so I might try and tap into a power source somewhere near the windshield. Maybe my rear view mirror or the sunroof.

The firmware on mine is 20131127..... not sure if that's bad or good but it's what I'm starting with! lol

I noticed fRImware and advised the appropriate people, but personally I have nothing to do with eBay or the listings. If it was up to me, everything would be spelled correctly!

The firmware was 131203 on the units we have in stock now, but next week we will get a new shipment with the 131230 firmware.

Waiting until next week and the 131230 firmware sounds like a plan. Feel free to IM me on this board when it is shipping.

HF

Interesting. For a risky purchase, I'd rather rely on Amazon's return policies than eBay's/Paypal's right now.
I also bought from fonestop. I've had a pretty good experience with him, nice support and very prompt. From what I can tell, his cameras are Ojocams as it says on the packaging and the small piece of paper that says ojocam.

Yes, my camera's working just fine if you have to ask.

aaa crap, ordered from e-prance, hopefully it shows up :(

I see e-prance and Ojocam is now selling 0801's on eBay, and Ojacam is now a member here.

Are any of these the latest firmware?

I just got my refund from e-prance, and am looking to buy an HD dashcam from a US vendor (that is not e-prance). The 0801 is still everything I want... if it only worked OK. I'm willing to wait and research a bit.

You can also get the purchase the mini 0801 camera from amazon.com if ebay/paypal return policy does not work for you. The free 2 day shipping is available if you have prime service, otherwise it is free standard shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00G6UC9MU

Thanks HangFire, correct as long as it arrives and works I am happy, I normally don't send money to China if I don't think it will arrive. I NEVER count on service from China as I have been bitten by that before, if I want service I stay in N.A. for purchases so I have someone to chase down. Got a tracking update from E-PRANCE this morning so happy there already :)

You can also get the purchase the mini 0801 camera from amazon.com if ebay/paypal return policy does not work for you. The free 2 day shipping is available if you have prime service, otherwise it is free standard shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00G6UC9MU

Thanks, what firmware are you shipping now? If not 131230, when do you expect to get it?

Back