Ambarella A7 Super Full HD Dash Cam 2560*1080, 2304*1296

What are the differences of the functions of the devices la50 and la70?

any video samples of A7LA70?

Who maintains G90 (firmware)?

I just tried the R404M Firmware and it does seems to improve the sound a bit more. If there's any distortion, it is brought to an acceptable level to me.

IMG_20140805_112154.jpg

There are also more resolutions to choose from, like 2560x1080@30fps, 2304x1296@30fps and a 1920x1080x60fps (in NTSC, 25fps/50fps if PAL is selected).
IMG_20140805_112130.jpg

After a quick test, the 2560x1080@30fps mode gives a real improvement to the video and 1920x1080x60fps records perfectly.
Playing back with such a high frame rate is choppy on PC but plays smoothly on the device itself.

I didn't test yet the LDWS feature, namely Lane Departure Warning System that is supposed to warn the driver when he drifts away from his lane.
Ambarella+A7+Super+Full+HD+Dash+Cam+2560_1080,+2304_1296+_+DashCamTalk-12-03-53.jpg
IMG_20140805_112304.jpg

I suspect that some other features announced are activated in r404M: the FCWS (Forward Collision Warning System) & FCMD (Front Car Moving Detection).
During my short test today, I could see the message "Frontal Car" blinking randomly on screen (even with clear way in front of me).

While these are nice additions, I hope there will be an option to deactivate them for people who don't want to be distracted while driving.

Last edited:
Awesome - I thought some of those resolutions were limited to higher end A7s and not the a7la30 - or do you have one of these with the 50 / 70?

Will definitely give this one a go thank-you :)

Now I just need to find a working sticky mount for this one and it would be much better :)

[This is an A7LA30] -->>correction! Nikki from Dome actually sent me a A7LA70, and I though it was lower chipset (Ihad not openned the G90 yetas I was busy with the reviews of G50 and G55W). Sorry for the confusion!

This is what you get from each chipset, thanks Nikki for the heads up:
A7LA30: 1920*1080p/30fps
A7LA50: 2560*1080p/30fps, 2304*1296p/30fps With FCWS,LDWS function, and the FCMD&LLW function will come true in near future(now is under researching).
A7LA70: 1920*1080p/60fps, 2560*1080p/30fps, 2304*1296p/30fps With FCWS,LDWS function, and the FCMD&LLW function will come true in near future(now is under researching).

The ideal mount for me would clamp to rod of the rearview mirror, like the model below. But the interface part will not fit the G90. I ordered one on ebay though and I'll see if I can trim it to fit.

Last edited:
I suspect that some other features announced are activated in r404M: the FCWS (Forward Collision Warning System) & FCMD (Front Car Moving Detection).
During my short test today, I could see the message "Frontal Car" blinking randomly on screen (even with clear way in front of me).

While these are nice additions, I hope there will be an option to deactivate them for people who don't want to be distracted while driving.
I've got to absolutely honest here. IF I cannot detect that I'm getting too close to the car in front OR I cannot tell when the car in front is moving away without an electronic device telling me so then I really should not be allowed to drive any vehicle on the public road.

Frank

All dear friends,
As mentioned, G90 sound problem was from the first batch, most of the default firmware version number was SVN r125PM,
who got this version number, can download and upgrade the updated one https://www.sendspace.com/file/ke0m2p
SVN r328MP

P.S.: If you have urgent/important thing need to contact me, pls email dome.doreen@gmail.com, or Skype: dome_doreen

Dear all, pls be informed that, G90 (A7LA30) the firmware version starts from SVN r267MP (includes) was from the second batch MP,
during these days, we've also made some improvements, not only sound, but also the IQ, it is not a MUST, but if you have time and want
to enjoy better video quality, pls download and upgrade the new version from https://www.sendspace.com/file/qkb536.

The new version is SVN r441MP

P.S. this new version is for the second batch only.

Dear all, pls be informed that, G90 (A7LA30) the firmware version starts from SVN r267MP (includes) was from the second batch MP,
during these days, we've also made some improvements, not only sound, but also the IQ, it is not a MUST, but if you have time and want
to enjoy better video quality, pls download and upgrade the new version from https://www.sendspace.com/file/qkb536.

Is there a new one for the A7LA70 variant as well?
thanks

Last edited:

Does it mean that there are two types of G90 (A7LA30) ? (two different hardware ?) If not, why the firmware for the "first batch" cannot be used for the "second batch". Does it also apply for A7LA70 dashcams ?

If there are two different builds, does someone know from what batch the cameras at joovuu (A7LA70) and gearbest (A7LA30) are ?

While the sound is not an issue for me, the very short life of the battery is a big problem. Once the car is powered down, does G90 (A7LA30 or A7LA70) have enough time to save the last clip ? (imagine that the car has an accident, and the power cable is disconnected)

offtopic: Sorry if my questions seem stupid, but I have to clarify some problems (it looks like a good/cheap camera and I'd like to buy 4, A7LA30 or A7LA70)

I hate to wade through menu's like sendspace where you have to DL a downloader and other garbage, therefore, even if it is the best camera in the world it is out. Period!!!!!

Back