Ambarella A7 Super Full HD Dash Cam 2560*1080, 2304*1296

I hate to wade through menu's like sendspace where you have to DL a downloader and other garbage, therefore, even if it is the best camera in the world it is out. Period!!!!!
don't be mad, be smart. Do you see my sendspace ? it has a clean interface.
jbwxvVCHCgekGA.png

If you want something similar for firefox (it also applies to opera or chrome) search for "clear ads in firefox".

Here my new video with real resolution panoramic 2560x1080p 18Mb/s Last Firmware G90C SVM R442M
Please up to 1440p into youtube

idéo
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L5.0
Format settings, CABAC : Oui
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 image
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=15
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 5mn 0s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 18,0 Mb/s
Width : 2 560 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2,40:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29,970 Im/s
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressif
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.217
Stream size : 644 Mio (98%)
Title : Ambarella AVC / Ambarella AVC

Attachments

• DSC04787-p.JPG
    DSC04787-p.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC04788-p.JPG
    DSC04788-p.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 15
Is it youtube or is there a bit of stuttering? Seems less then 30 fps

It's not a supported res in YouTube so good chance it's a problem there, a raw sample file would perhaps be more useful

I thought as much.

Where did you buy the GPS from? I cant seem to find it on Dome's store

That does look really good at that resolution - I might have to order one of these when I'm back from my holidays as I really like that wide angle view that these A7LA70 devices can do.

I noticed the A7LA30 firmwares say nogps which suggested a GPS version was coming - is it built into the mount or a seperate unit? Just wondering if it's the same mount the 3H2F-D used which had GPS built in.

The GPS receiver is an external one, which plugs into the 'AV' jack socket on top of the unit.
Visually it looks similar to the SG9665GM GPS module, and has to be mounted with the logo upwards.
FW is different, currently r439M.

P.S. I will be posting some video from mine on a different thread this weekend. Currently getting some footage in 2304 x 1296 before stepping up to 2560 x 1080....

Last edited:
I would be interested to see some raw footage at 2560 x 1080, the stuff on YouTube looked terrible but very likely that's a YouTube problem though

No problem, I'll be posting some raw footage across the various resolutions, in different lighting conditions.

Last edited:
Here my new video with real resolution panoramic 2560x1080p 18Mb/s Last Firmware G90C SVM R442M
Couple of days ago I saw this video on youtube and without finding any details about G90 + GPS and I thought it's an error.
On the other hand, FCWS requires a GPS.

Does the G90C have an additional jack socket for the GPS on top then or does it share the AV out port?

I did originally think that mate but noticed @Hilts said it was a jack socket?

@mandoco77 that video is only downloading as a 4Mbps 1920x1080p from Vimeo? To be fair it's decent quality at that low bitrate whatever software created that video!

GPS module must be connected TV-OUT or GPS N°1 on picture

Vimeo do not compress original video available on TAB Original .MP4 file(2560x1440 / 413MB)

Attachments

• Image5.png
    Image5.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 15
Excellent stuff thank-you - so hopefully with the right firmware then GPS can be back ported to the existing G90 a7la30 range :)

Capture screen Original Size

For Vimeo please go TAB Download

Attachments

• vimeo.jpg
    vimeo.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 12
Back