Ambarella A7 Super Full HD Dash Cam 2560*1080, 2304*1296

Maybe it's the original uploader only as I don't see that option?

Ah I just checked and you have to have a Vimeo account and be logged in to access the original file :)

Also the uploader has to make it available - they like to make it hard :)

Was only going by the screenshot, have looked into vimeo previously but features might have changed, as I mentioned they compress the video as you can see by the different file sizes but don't compress as much as YouTube do, I've put 20mbit files on YouTube that they squash down to 2mbit that end up looking awful, I avoid using it for that reason

Does the G90C have an additional jack socket for the GPS on top then or does it share the AV out port?
Yes, it uses the AV port. Have amended my original reply to clarify...

Let's see what there is in case :)

Attachments

• DSC04794-p.JPG
    DSC04794-p.JPG
    239.1 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC04792-p.JPG
    DSC04792-p.JPG
    305.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Dear all,

For the G90 A70 chipset, the latest firmware is R442M. I am currently rocking R354M.

Can someone direct me to R442M kindly?

-Marc

Dear all,

For the G90 A70 chipset, the latest firmware is R442M. I am currently rocking R354M.

Can someone direct me to R442M kindly?

-Marc
Please see my reply to your FW hunt here...;)
...A word of caution, before you go flashing a different FW/IQ, please make sure it is the right one for your G90 A7LA70D.
The latest FW/IQ number that I am aware of is r441MP, but that was definitely for the A7LA30 version of the G90.
It's quite possible that you already have the latest for your G90 A7LA70D. You could drop @JooVuu a quick message to find out.

Last edited:
Just to keep this chain going.. ;)

@JooVuu stated to me in a message R442M is indeed the FW that's the latest, hence why I am looking for it. ;)

JooVuu has sent me a bin file saying this is the latest one. No changelog, just the bin.

Just to keep this chain going.. ;)

@JooVuu stated to me in a message R442M is indeed the FW that's the latest, hence why I am looking for it. ;)

JooVuu has sent me a bin file saying this is the latest one. No changelog, just the bin.
Yay! That'll be the right one then.:)

Good day!
I have 2 DVR G90 - chipset A7la30 and A7la70.
I did not notice the difference in video quality in these recorders. Detailed video are practically no different.
We DVR chipset A7la70 when recording video with a resolution of 2560 * 2304 * 1080p and 1296p became much larger files, but the video quality is not appreciably improved.
I guess that a higher resolution video can not improve detail video with the same lens.
So I do not hope that the new firmware can improve the video quality.
It would be nice if sold DVRs with interchangeable lenses. It would be possible to insert a higher quality lens and get a good video detailing.

Good day!
I have 2 DVR G90 - chipset A7la30 and A7la70.
I did not notice the difference in video quality in these recorders. Detailed video are practically no different.
We DVR chipset A7la70 when recording video with a resolution of 2560 * 2304 * 1080p and 1296p became much larger files, but the video quality is not appreciably improved.
I guess that a higher resolution video can not improve detail video with the same lens.
So I do not hope that the new firmware can improve the video quality.
It would be nice if sold DVRs with interchangeable lenses. It would be possible to insert a higher quality lens and get a good video detailing.

What are the limiting factors? Here's two ( lens, cmos sensor and programming are the others) ...

cnet.com
resolution_chart.jpg

Good day!
Thank you for your attention to my post.
I will be grateful to you for the evaluation of the quality of video in 2560 * 1080.
Probably, I have too excessive demands on the quality of the video, but I do not think this video is quite detailed.
Or is it necessary to adjust the lens of the DVR?
https://copy.com/pyaGQYp2GgYb

Looks ok but could benefit a lot from a better quality lens, I think it could perform a lot better with the right lens

Good day!
Thank you for your attention to my post.
I will be grateful to you for the evaluation of the quality of video in 2560 * 1080.
Probably, I have too excessive demands on the quality of the video, but I do not think this video is quite detailed.
Or is it necessary to adjust the lens of the DVR?
https://copy.com/pyaGQYp2GgYb

Which firmware are you running? And the bitrate?

All your G90 videos didn't looked good to me.

Take a look here ... https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...set-gps-vs-mini-0803-a7la50-chipset-gps.7186/ for comparison.

firmware version is r469.
Probably, I submit excessively high demands on the quality video.

What is the bitrate (average) for the original video?

Youtube is very capable of showing good quality videos ( remember... garbage in, garbage out). Here is an example ...

What is the bitrate (average) for the original video?
The bitrate for the original video is 19528 kb/s.
In addition to YouTube's, I gave the link above to download the original video: https://copy.com/pyaGQYp2GgYb.
Sorry, can not save YouTube videos with a resolution of 2560 * 1080 and 2304 * 1296.
I believe that further increase the video resolution on the DVR without improving optics is the dead-end development. If the lens gives a blurred image, the increase in video resolution only leads to an increase in the size of the video file.
Also, I noticed that this video matrix video recorder adds a lot of interference (noise).

I don't think the lens is causing the motion jitters/blurring while the camera is in motion. It seems to be a programming/processing choice ( note the G90 licence plate issue) and low bitrate encoding issue. The Sony HDR-AS100V Action Cam's standard bitrate is 28 Mbps in 1080/720 modes! Reverend (top of the page) did notice better 1080p/30fps video quality at 18Mbps ( vs 15 Mbps). Your original video I downloaded seems to be running at 18.3 Mbps.

Here is another example of the G90 motion jitters/blurring in low light conditions (HDR @ 15Mbps) ...

That night video does look slightly out of focus but otherwise it's very similar to the G90 I have.

Maybe it's worth doing a custom firmware for the G90 with the A7LA70 (not sure what they actually call that) with the bitrates ramped up to see how it looks. All the G90s seem to show some chroma noise - whether that's the lens or a trait of the sensor I'm not really sure though.

The Marcus 4 is based on the same sort of hardware - I guess the lens is different but that should be a benchmark for what the platform is capable of.

Back