Ambarella A7 Super Full HD Dash Cam 2560*1080, 2304*1296

Notice how the camera tracks the yellow taxi van and the SUV starting at 0:30 in the video I posted above - I think that's the result of a programming/processing choice or a by-product of it. I also see the typical motion blurring throughout the videos that usually associated with low bitrates.

Similar/same problem with the Marcus 4 ...

When you say motion jitters / blurring do you mean the effect around light sources?

When you say motion jitters / blurring do you mean the effect around light sources?

Usually light source illuminating sign details in low light conditions. On a smaller monitor, you would see it blurring out. On a bigger monitor, you see jittering and the blur. These observations happen while the vehicle is in motion which usually/may suggest bitrate issue. Here is a daytime example of "mosquito noise"surrounding power cables ...

Originally 50 Mbps ...

Last edited:
Some of that can be Youtube though with it's super lossy compression - I have noticed that for some reason certain cameras produce footage which Youtube seems to retain the quality whereas with some others it can make it look a right mess!

I've put a few raw clips here from the G90 w/a7la30 on stock firmware:

https://mega.co.nz/#!wIs0jTaR!5CurHXO9vmoFGXo5lj-v1oBJWKxHNbv61p5hO0TR6lE
https://mega.co.nz/#!VZ91FZ4D!DcLjOP8amhYUn7l1j-SXJrSKJ74-qD3r4ozlIVe4UPY
https://mega.co.nz/#!gRlTQZrC!X9rmnauYD_4B1jrgT2yTQx5uXWR0RXc2r-r67h9DbYM

They're a better indication than YT - they're not perfect and are all filmed with HDR on. Some of the jitter is caused by the movement from the mount catching out the HDR from what I can see here.

Every camera I've tried so far has blurring at night time as you move around, and it's more obvious when you're turning a corner that everything turns into a blurry mess!

I'm waiting for the Panorama X2 to launch so I can try that as so far it's looking really good!

Of course Youtube can introduce compression artifacts and may accentuate flaws from the original source. The Youtube examples I posted are also evident in the originals. And yes, the jitter issue might be Electronic image stabilization (EIS) related.

~ 34 Mbps original using the reverend mofified 441 firmware ...

I did read in the OV4689 specs that it does electronic image stabilisation - whether it's enabled or not in firmware I don't know on these.

Daytime footage is definitely clearer with HDR off - it's a shame they can't take the colour values of a few reference points every few minutes and say if they're bright then turn HDR off, whereas if they're dark turn it on automatically.

Down the road they will do, but I've got to admit I can't be arsed changing settings every time I get in the car so my ideal solution is something I can just leave turned on!

Still plenty of work to do with all these things - it will be interesting to see how the IMX322 sensor performs - in a lot of the IMX122 footage I noticed chroma noise present there too.

The Dome Z7 has tonnes of mosquito artefacts at night - maybe it's a compression setting in the SDK that their engineer prefers to use?

I'm intrigued to see what the footage on the new A7 & OV4689 solution from Pier28 looks like as that will be a new solution to compare and I'm still wondering whether to pick up one of the A45 devices from IRO to see how that compares in the mix too :)

Good day!
I have 2 DVR G90 - chipset A7la30 and A7la70.
I did not notice the difference in video quality in these recorders. Detailed video are practically no different.
We DVR chipset A7la70 when recording video with a resolution of 2560 * 2304 * 1080p and 1296p became much larger files, but the video quality is not appreciably improved.
I guess that a higher resolution video can not improve detail video with the same lens.
So I do not hope that the new firmware can improve the video quality.
It would be nice if sold DVRs with interchangeable lenses. It would be possible to insert a higher quality lens and get a good video detailing.
What is the resolution of your screen?

Doreen, please help me with he dash mount for the G90 A7LA70, mine broke in just 3 days of use. The camera footage is excellent for the price paid, but the dash mount is not, poor built, in India we get too much of sunlight, the plastic tends to becomes hard and brittle. Not in my case though, but please help me with the dash mount for this cam. I have sent you an email as well and await your response as well.

reverend, thanks mate for guiding me to the correct product, by the way , while going through the thread I read that the plastic needs to be chiseled off, please advise which portion of the mount needs to be chiseled as advised.

I have ordered the product right away.

The seller does not ship to India, any other alternative? I mean do any of the mobile dash mounts be used to mount the G90 A7LA70.
Also shipping to India is expensive, on aliexpress, the product is for 9 USD and the shipping cost is 42USD!!!

Back