Android Tablet and Google apps for all camera interaction?

Unless Asus is disabling OTG on purpose, which I don't think they are or should, it should work 100% IMO.

I found 2 articles 1 said the Asus Z580C does NOT support OTG (this is the one I was going to get).
The second article said The Asus Z580CA (Their Flagship model) does not support OTG either, it went firther to say that neither could use the USB MicroSD to store APPS! What good are they then.

This is the article on the Z580C (I was going to get). Scroll down to connectivity. http://gadgets.ndtv.com/asus-zenpad-s-8-0-z580c-2672

This is the one on the Z580CA (Their flagsip). Sroll down to connectivity.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ZenPad-S-8-0-Z580CA-Tablet-Review.150313.0.html

Last edited:
I suggest you check with the manufacturer too for the non 'A' model. Going by the quality of their 'News', anything coming out of NDTV; I would take as a grain of salt.

You other options could be the Lenovo Yoga tabs and the older but still capable Nexus 7.

I can run apps from the SD card in mine, but it is not all apps i can move to the SD card to run from there.

I would expect OTG support was dictated by the OS, but off course the maker can amputate or add to that as they please.
I never been happy about the graphical interface brands put on top of android, i would prefer a clean OS, and then the option to add a skin to that if you wanted to.
I dont like there in many things on my tablet i dont use but cant remove.

I suggest you check with the manufacturer too for the non 'A' model. Going by the quality of their 'News', anything coming out of NDTV; I would take as a grain of salt.

You other options could be the Lenovo Yoga tabs and the older but still capable Nexus 7.

I am going to check with Asus, like I said before. These people that give reviews have been all over the place with some of the things they say. It's getting pretty hard to find some of the tablets like the Nexus 7 at reasonable prices and from what I've been reading Nexus has refused to fix any of them now if something go's wrong.
With the holidays coming up there should be some good prices coming up on a lot of tablets. So, I'll just have to keep my eyes open and see what develops.
The Nvidia Shield K1 gets some great press as a gaming tablet but I haven't heard much of anything about it on the regular things that non gamers are interested in. I did read that Nvidia did upgrade the status of it relative to the version of Android it's running now.
I'll just go slow till I come up with a good system.

Back