Another dying Mini 0806

clicketyclack

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's been a while since I last posted, but like many others it seems, my Mini 0806 is also starting to die.

When attached to power in the car, sometimes it doesn't turn on at all, other times it will turn on and then just turn off after several minutes of driving. Sometimes when driving I hear the startup/shutdown sounds, other times I look over at it and it's just dead with no lights. I thought it was my USB cable, because the micro USB end is a little loose and I'd wiggle the cable and the cam would sometimes reboot, but it goes right back off again within minutes. I tried another known good cigarette lighter USB charger with a snug micro USB end and the cam has the same problem, so it's not my wiring/charging setup.

I figure the battery needs to be replaced like others have reported. When I pull it out and try to power on from battery it doesn't even turn on. Anybody have a part number or a link to where I can get an inexpensive replacement battery on eBay or something?

This is not the first problem I've had with this cam; I've already had to take it apart to resolder a detached wire to get my GPS working again. It's a shame that this brand sucks so much. These cams have nice specs and price point, but their quality/reliability is just garbage.

I feel your pain. It's too bad a reputable, quality company, like Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, or Garmin isn't interested in dash cams. :(

Back