any decent inexpensive dashboard-mounted cams?

canadave

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm just getting into the market for a dashcam. I'm looking at spending around $100-$150 CDN. I've read extensively about the recommended models (G1W, B40, Street Guardian, etc). I'm just wondering--are there any cams that can simply be mounted on top of the dashboard, rather than behind the rear view mirror? I understand the visibility issue, but if I move my head over the spot on the dashboard where I'm thinking of putting one, I can still see the road just fine if my eyes are at the same level.

Check BikerHD (above budget) and Innov C3 (within) as it seems you are after different factor cam, more than footage quality/- $ sense.

I recommend putting the cam behind the rearview mirror so that you can see the hood and thus get a better idea where the car is from the video, that being said, you could probably do a Mobius like that, I'm sure the adhesive mount could work for that.

There are many problems associated with mounting on the dash, far, far more than if the cam is mounted as high as possible in the car.
The ideal mounting position would put the cam pointing down

Check BikerHD (above budget) and Innov C3 (within) as it seems you are after different factor cam, more than footage quality/- $ sense.
INNOVV C3 is no more. was discontinued by INNOVV about 6 months ago.

Chris Hunt beat me to it, C3 is off the shelves.

I recommend putting the cam behind the rearview mirror so that you can see the hood and thus get a better idea where the car is from the video, that being said, you could probably do a Mobius like that, I'm sure the adhesive mount could work for that.
+1

OK, thanks all for your advice. I think you've successfully talked me out of dashboard mounting. I'll create a different thread for what I'm looking for.

Back