Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

This is a case that differs from any other - in a normal situation the general public wouldn't know about a new product until its released, with the rear cam accessory there had to be a port on the camera to allow it.

The answers haven't differed enormously - from a sales perspective yes there is a stock issue, they don't have the stock to sell. The interference has been referenced by myself and my colleagues. Things have changed and evolved throughout the process, this also wouldn't usually be discussed with customers as the product wouldn't normally be known customers.

I haven't provided a release date or any more estimates because I don't want there to be any more ambiguity.

I completely agree, I for one know that the 512GW will accept a rear camera and that is why I brought it and again I know that as soon as Nextbase are ready to issue it to the general public I will have a quality product as I do now with the front facing camera.

Personally an attack directed at Tiffany is uncalled for. Am I disappointed YES. Would I buy from Nextbase again Yes. The 512GW is a nice front facing camera good design and one day it will have its counter part of the rear facing camera. It's my belief that Tiffany would not pass on information that she has not at least asked for from relevant people concerned and unfortunately is now taking stick for something that is taking longer to bring into full production.
It probably would not hurt Nextbase to show at least something on it's main website about the rear facing camera to reduce the frustrations that are being vented here.
Where have I blamed Tiffany in my post?

I said it has played out badly, if companies want an online presence on a forum they have to be prepared for the good and the bad.

I am well aware that Tiffany does her best to help people and thank her for that.

But the fact remains Nextbase developed a product that was going to accept a rear camera, started selling it in May last year with no rear camera in development or very little development. And nigh on a year later still no camera to buy for it.

It may only be a few customers on a forum in the grand scheme of things but bad publicity is bad publicity and I've recommended nextbase cameras to a lot of people, would I do so now less likely.

I am here representing Nextbase though so please do direct any unhappiness my way.

Your concerns haven't gone unheard, the design team designing the product are aware of the frustrations this is causing.

I am here representing Nextbase though so please do direct any unhappiness my way.

Your concerns haven't gone unheard, the design team designing the product are aware of the frustrations this is causing.

Tiffany I can't really agree with that statement, yes you are Next Base's representative and yes you would be the first port of call should we have any problems with our hardware or software such as I did then after our conversation on the phone my Cam was dealt with very quickly the next day.

What we don't do or shouldn't be doing is aiming any frustration or as you put unhappiness directly as yourself, your not the customers "punchBag" And at this point in time I don't think anybody has been unpleasant towards you (unless I've missed something).

If there has been any unpleasantness I would like to apologise on the behalf of all the members within this group. as I've stated several times you can only forward the info to us that you yourself, is given to you. (y)

Just to be clear Tiffany.

My criticism was not aimed at you as a previous poster seemed to think.

People often forget in written word their is no body language to gauge how a comment is expressed.

So please accept my apology if you felt it was aimed at you directly.

I still feel Nextbase could have handled this entirely differently and had a better outcome for everyone.

Honestly I now wish I had gone for a different 2 channel set up because of the delay with nextbase. But I'm stuck with it as are most now that have bought the 512GW sat waiting for it to be made available. But as I said before I don't like not having a rear camera as you just never know when you might need that footage in the event of an accident.

My rear window is too small to stick any normal camera on as it would stick out like a sore thumb and obscure vision to some extent.

I had an email from Nextbase yesterday telling me the rear camera would be available in April via Halfords

Would that be what the new Software Update (R15.8) i've just got for my 512GW is for???

Good question but suspect not. If it is and the info we've had is correct there should be an option not to record the small files.

Good question but suspect not. If it is and the info we've had is correct there should be an option not to record the small files.

Didn't see an option NOT to record the small files - as the update TOTALLY reset my 512GW, and had to put all the settings back in again...

Unless I missed it of course??? :rolleyes:

Can't help much just waiting for my 512 to arrive. Hopefully others on here can comment.

I had a online chat on the Next Base website 2 days ago with a guy called Elliot, he tells me it will be ready in March, so it seems like personnel at Next Base are getting told different months if Daveeg above is being told April. Going by the previous announcements on here is it this year or next year or ever.

So reading here its not worthwhile updating firmware if available especially if there is no section for removing the Lo files which take up unnecessary space on sd card and also that horrible logo in top corner :-( other than that I am happy with camera and please I upgraded from the 402g. Nextbase have been clicking their heels about rear camera and no one seems to know when it will be released and hope it is a good as the hype surrounding its release.

People are being told different dates which has been my gripe.
The customer help "help" team should just say no known release date which would save an awful lot of frustration for prospective users

My email was from someone called Elliot!!! So one Elliot says March and another says April...Must be a lot of Elliots at Nextbase

My email was from someone called Elliot!!! So one Elliot says March and another says April...Must be a lot of Elliots at Nextbase

Lots of something although wouldn't call it Elliot :censored::censored::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::censored::censored:

So basically its not worth upgrading to firmware (R15.8) if there is no provisions to remove the Lo files and logo from dashcam.

Well I was one of the ones waiting patiently for the arrival of rear cam, but now I decided to give and go elsewhere. Which is a shame as the dual cam package seems highly rated..
So instead I've bought a new DOD LS475W+ cam for the front and running my old Yi_Ultra Dash Cam at the back.
Maybe when these two pack up and stop working the rear nextbase cam will be available at Halfords......

Still waiting .............. Yawning, yawning, yawning :sleep::sleep:(n)

Still no news on rear camera at least Nextbase should give us the option via an update to get rid of the Lo files and i am sorry that i chose this model of dashcam

Back