Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

I can 100% reassure you and other customers that the rear cam for the 512GW does not experience this problem of the image being flipped. I, of course don't know what is/isn't supposed to happen with Halfords rear cam model, I definitely recommend contacting their Technical Support if you feel something isn't right.

We did have a delay when ensuring the Rear Cam causes as little interference as possible within the vehicle and its now been achieved.

For this I am of course extremely sorry, I know I can say this on behalf of Nextbase for the delays that have been experienced too.

Now I have the good news (I wanted to ensure it's 100% correct before posting): the product is landing in our distribution centre 15th May, our Technical Support Centre will then soon after receive stock to enable us to distribute to the customers on my (ever growing) list.

I'll subsequently be contacting everyone who has asked for a Rear Cam or to be notified of its release over the next fortnight.

Tiffany, could I please be added to the list, I've been patiently waiting on this camera ever since I purchased the 512GW in June 2017.

Hi Tiffany, can I please be added to your list too... I have been patiently waiting and checking this thread ever since I got my 512GW in November 2017 :)

@NextBase Tiffany

Just a question regarding the rear cam.

With the time lapse function on the main camera will the rear also be in time lapse function or will that just record as normal?

Not used the time lapse function yet but may want to in the future and just wondered what the score is with the rear camera in that scenario?

Thanks.

Hoping we're going to hear that stock is available soon☺️

Hi Tiffany,
Have just bought a 512GW - can I be added to the list for the rear camera please?

Thanks very much

For info, received this e-mail from Sales & Marketing Support today:

Yes, we are receiving stock of the 512GW Rear Cam by the end of the week.

This will soon be available to purchase via our website. We will shortly be sending out an email to those on the 512GW Rear Cam mailing list for details on how to purchase.

Fingers crossed!

Really interested in the 512gw rear cam.
Could you add me to the mailing list please.

At the risk of sounding like an echo, could I also be added to the mailing list?! :LOL: With a couple of the close calls I've had with tailgaters and bad drivers recently, I'm eagerly anticipating the rear camera!!

Isn't it nice when everyone wants something that nobody has :LOL:

Jeez, this thread has been going on about this elusive rear cam for ever. Please ask the Chinese to get their fingers out...
I'm sure "Autumn" has been and gone twice since the thread started.

It’s due out in the Autumn, here’s some info:

The resolution will be 1080p,
It’ll record the data onto the SD card inside the 512GW,
It will take power from the 512GW,
It will cost around £50-£70.

How will the rear cam cope with a dark tinted window? I'd imagine it will be near impossible to record any decent video at night.

How will the rear cam cope with a dark tinted window? I'd imagine it will be near impossible to record any decent video at night.
Actually a tinted rear window may actually help the video footage. A rear cam is going to be very susceptible to headlight galore from cars behind so Reading a number plate at night is I imagine going to be near impossible. Obviously the video will be darker due to the tint.

Back