Anyone else returning their V1 and buying the V2?

r_s

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased my two A119S V1 at the beginning of April from Amazon. With both of them, I've had trouble with the GPS not picking up signal, static horizontal lines, and the camera repeatedly restarting. I'm sending both back to Amazon, and re-buying V2.

Can't really. Bought a while ago, so out of the return period.

Just have to make a more informed decision next time. The other camera I bought works pretty great (but I spent a lot more money on it).

Yep. Luckily I'm still in the return period.

Can't really. Bought a while ago, so out of the return period.

Just have to make a more informed decision next time. The other camera I bought works pretty great (but I spent a lot more money on it).

Yeah, it's a shame really for those that were affected by it.
Which other camera did you end up getting. And for the A119S, did you just settle for using it without the GPS?

I bought an A119 from CYA via Amazon on April 5th. It didn't like a 16GB Panasonic card that came with my DJI quadcopter, but works perfectly with a 64GB SanDisk (you know - the one that is NOT recommend). Unfortunately, I ordered it in a hurry and got the model without the GPS mount by mistake, so I had to order a GPS mount separately which ended up costing me an extra $10 versus getting it with the camera. I'm powering it using the camera's connector.

I ordered an A119S V2 with GPS from OCD Tronic via Amazon on April 12th. Amazon showed 14 in stock at the time. However, it appeared the order "got stuck" and didn't ship so I canceled it. When I went to re-order, it showed to be out of stock with an expected date of May 8th! I checked back several times yesterday. Each time I did, sometimes it would show to be in stock and other times it would show to be out of stock with varying dates. Sometimes it would show fulfilled by Amazon with free Prime shipping and other times it showed to be sold by and shipped from OCD Tronic. Due to the inconsistency and fear it wouldn't arrive on time, I just gave up for now.

My intent was to order an A119S V2 and return my A119S V1 and GPS mount.

I'm sure the vendors reading this thread are hating us right now (i.e. return and re-buy).

The new V2 Amazon stock is still processing through Texas and is selling faster than the incoming processing is happening.

OCD Tronic has two SKU's per product page. One is fulfilled by Amazon. (The one that keeps selling out quickly) One is fulfilled by Merchant (with a back order date).

This is done to keep OCD Tronic VIOFO listing live in Google search results as FBA goes out of stock, sorry for any confusion.

If an OCD Tronic customer has an issue with their V1 product, a V2 replacement is no problem. OCD Tronic has a no hassle warranty when it comes to something like this. Every V1 customer doesn't have an issue though.

Last edited:
I am going to have to unfortunately return mine. Got mine from CYA, and they have been awesome to me. But my cam is still rebooting. A V2 would be preferable, but at this point I'd like to have one that is working. And it was working good for a while...

Honestly... I think VIOFO should be the ones replacing our defective units.

I'm pretty pissed I spent over $100 per camera for two defective units, only to find out 3 weeks later a new "updated" model comes out that doesn't suffer the rebooting and flickering.

Oh and to top it off, the V1 model is now currently selling for $79.99 free shipping....

I'm seriously thinking about returning both of mine to amazon and re-purchasing the V2.

SpyTec customer service sucks by the way.

Last edited:
I'm seriously thinking about returning both of mine to amazon and re-purchasing the V2.

Amazon's returns are no hassle, especially if they are defective. I just boxed both of mine up and used the pre-printed UPS label. I would wait until the V2 arrives before you return the V1, otherwise you have to undo any hidden wiring in your car so the cable can be returned with the defective unit.

Don't wait, because your return period may end.

SpyTec customer service sucks by the way.

I completely agree with you there. I got my first A119S from them, and the support really sucked. I purchased the new A119S (v2) from OCD Tronic via Amazon and I haven't had any issues thus far. Returning V1 for a full refund to Amazon this week.

@OCD Tronic , Quick question... Do you have 2 pcs of V2 A119 in stock?

I also cannot use return policy any more, but there is still warranty in place.
Right now I've fixed my unit by foam, getting rid of vibrations. Will see if it also helps with occasional hangs. If not, I'm going to start warranty procedure. I think it would be fair.

I just met with the VIOFO guys in Shenzhen. Here is a photo of the new custom die cut 0.5mm EVA foam pads. It will be stuck to the camera side not the mount side.

I'll be bringing some home and will send to OCD Tronic customers as needed. If I have enough left I'll offer it as an accessory for non OCD Tronic and V1 customers as well.

a33eb7947549e82f9f00221e1ab5ece4.jpg

I purchased my two A119S V1 at the beginning of April from Amazon. With both of them, I've had trouble with the GPS not picking up signal, static horizontal lines, and the camera repeatedly restarting. I'm sending both back to Amazon, and re-buying V2.

thick black horizontal lines shown on 2inch LCD and recorded video clips can also be caused when pointing or positioning dashcam close to LED light source. may create a video to demonstrate the interference pattern.

do you know something the manufacturer doesn't know?

I'm building the prototype myself in June when my scheduled 3D-Printer access happens.
spoke about redesigning the A119 series case months ago as a side 3D-Printer project before starting my security-cam housing reMODs.

I'm building the prototype myself in June when my scheduled 3D-Printer access happens.
spoke about redesigning the A119 series case months ago as a side 3D-Printer project before starting my security-cam housing reMODs.
Don't get me wrong I think it's great that you're interested in doing this, telling people that V3 is coming in June though is not helping anyone, better to be clear that you are planning some advanced DIY projects of your own which has nothing to do with the manufacturer

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I A119S 8
P A119S 1
Back