Anyone else returning their V1 and buying the V2?

Agreed. V3 is a bit misleading, many will think this is an official announcement.

I received my V-1 on 4/11 camera works well but had two dropouts and reboots along the way. So today I started a return to amazon and ordered a V-2 version which I'm suppose to receive on 5/3 and I have a return date by 5/11 for the V-1. So I should be good to go. Keep on truckin everyone.

I just printed off the return slip to have my A119s v1 returned today. Mine had the blurry left side, lots of glare from lights at night, also had hot pixels; I was going to keep it anyway untill this morning when the thing went into a re-boot cycle while driving after hitting a few bumps then stopped recording with just the line of box X'ed boxes along the bottom of the screen. All in 1 drive to the store.

Has anyone actually gotten a V2 yet? Do they seem more stable than the V1? my A119 in my other car so far hasn't had any of these issues. (knockonwood)

I received my V-1 on 4/11 camera works well but had two dropouts and reboots along the way. So today I started a return to amazon and ordered a V-2 version which I'm suppose to receive on 5/3 and I have a return date by 5/11 for the V-1. So I should be good to go. Keep on truckin everyone.
Is this while plugged into the GPS? Does it function fine when plugged directly into the camera?

Good luck to you, and welcome to DCT @Iceman888

A119S V2 is very stable so far and the updated Lens base seems better.

Is this while plugged into the GPS? Does it function fine when plugged directly into the camera?
I did not try that, will just send it back while my return window is still open, but from what I read that is supposed to work.

Yes custom die cut 0.5mm EVA foam pad is included. Attach one piece to the back of the camera and you're good to go

What is the foam for? I just got the mount and it fits pretty tight to the camera without the foam

What is the foam for? I just got the mount and it fits pretty tight to the camera without the foam

A subtle space on the edges will form over time due to the curvature of the glass pulling the flat plastic . You'll hear rattle or vibrations in the audio being recorded over time and the foam will eliminate this. You might not have a problem right away takes awhile. Vibration can also affect picture quality.

I should have a supply of the EVA pads in sometime next week. If you decide to keep the A119, I can send one out to you.

OCD Tronic A119/A119S V1 customers can ask for complementary EVA foam as well.

It's also available as an accessory on Amazon for others. Search for A119EVA or B072DS2DW9
(FBA/Prime by next week)

c146c065f15c09da3bfaa50e82dc738d.jpg

8b811917cdca127085c5eee5132595e0.jpg

Thank you.
But I've bought it from foxoffer.
BTW it seems they don't offer v2 yet.
Foxoffer gave me a RMA and I sent them my defective a119s back to China which was expensive. Never heard from them anymore upon many emails. Too bad.
I strongly advice to not make business with them.

I think i might just go back to the original A119 version one of 7 months of daily usage on my front mounted windshield and the only issue so far and im probably nit picking and came across it accidentally when i was unplugging the device recently was the mount to body ( non gps ) was a little lose. Not the adhesive but the bracket that slots to A119 body. Easy fix im sure.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

I think i might just go back to the original A119 version one of 7 months of daily usage on my front mounted windshield and the only issue so far and im probably nit picking and came across it accidentally when i was unplugging the device recently was the mount to body ( non gps ) was a little lose. Not the adhesive but the bracket that slots to A119 body. Easy fix im sure.

You bought that from us, Capture Your Action, correct? Either PM me here on on the CYA website with your order # and I will send you an EVA adheasive pad, that sticks to the back of the camera, to eliminate that issue. I should have my supply of these pads from Viofo by the end of next week.

I dont understand and please chime in, folks sending back all thr v1 119s units for a v2, but how do you know its any better/ reliable?

I dont understand and please chime in, folks sending back all thr v1 119s units for a v2, but how do you know its any better/ reliable?

Factory had 1 month of heavy testing pre-sales with the updated connection-mount system. OCD Tronic has been selling the updated model for a few weeks now and kept in touch with customers that exchanged/upgraded. So far so good. (Very Stable) The EVA foam is great as well.

Since GPS isn't something your interested in, V1 or V2 won't really be any different for you. The V2 is all about the updated GPS connection on the mount and camera.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I A119S 8
P A119S 1
Back