Anyone have their F750 warranty card/pamphlet?

Gael

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you have your F750 (or maybe any Thinkware) warranty card/pamphlet? I misplaced mine and wanted to take a look at what it stated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I think I have it back at the house, what did you want to know?

I think I have it back at the house, what did you want to know?
I just wanted to see what it said, trying to get mine covered under warranty, just need to make sure I don't miss anything obvious etc.

what happened to it? the only dubious part that I remember is the temperature. and if in doubt, just say that whatever the problem is intermittent, it could be weeks before it might go wrong again. they soon will swap it out.

what happened to it? the only dubious part that I remember is the temperature. and if in doubt, just say that whatever the problem is intermittent, it could be weeks before it might go wrong again. they soon will swap it out.
My messy and unorganized office/desk happened to it. :(

The temperature part is a concern for me, as I live in Southern AZ, and it gets well into the 100s.

Whoops, did it have a quick drop and a sudden stop moment!? If its physically damaged on the outside that might be a problem, they might just say it was caused by user error, the device does have a thermal cut off, mine for the first time ever cut off today, I tend to direct some AC to the window when I'm driving but in parking mode its fooked. ill have a read when I get back, see if there is anything obvious, can you not claim on your car / home insurance? might be easier putting it down to accidental damage and getting a new one then have an uphill fight with whoever sold it to you

Oh, you mean what happened to my dash cam, not my warranty card, LOL.. I meant I couldn't find my warranty card in the mess of my office.

The dash cam is in perfect shape physically, never dropped etc, I think it just got overheated when in parking mode.

Haha, yeah, the device! ah well, I just had a look and the operating temp range is-10c to 60c (14f to 140f) the storage temp, ie turned off, is -20c to 70c (-4c to 158f) damage as a result of temps outside that range is not covered by warranty.

one thing to watch out for is that typically in direct sun behind glass it might be hotter than what you expect.

One of the selling features of the F750 is:
Thermal Self-Protection: With the built-in thermal sensor, the F750 automatically turns off in extreme conditions to prevent overheating, hence protecting itself and the recorded data against intense heat.

yes but only if operated within the temp limitations, it does have a thermal cut off but it also says don't leave it in direct sunlight due to the temp getting insanely hot.

Thermal protection turned off mine the other day whilst in parking mode and ive had it happen whilst driving once before, I suspect at that temp it wont be damaged but if it continues to heat up then there is no warranty if its outside of spec.

Just got the replacement dashcam from Thinkware today, thumbs up for their customer service. Going to hook it up and give it a try tomorrow.

I think I'm cursed.

The replacement F750 worked perfectly this morning. I even took it out during the day to make sure it didn't get too hot while I was parked at work, but it had some settings that were annoying me, so I took the camera out when I got home, ran the dash cam viewer, changed said settings, put camera back into car, and turned it on, and no sound, at all.

I took another microsd card, formatted it and put the firmware on it for it to install, watched the lights do their thing, but again no sound. I plugged the card back into my computer and it recorded fine, just no sound from the F750.

did you use the thinkware card to start with or did you use your other one?

you could try installing the f770 firmware

I used the Thinkware 16gb card to start with, took it out, made changes, put it back in, sound started cutting out, followed by no sound. I then put my formatted 128gb card in, no sound, but watched the lights to make sure it went through the firmware process and didn't brick the unit.

This morning I put the 16gb one back in, drove to work, and took it out of the car, and as I was disconnecting it, I heard "rear view camera disconnected" and was like wtf?! So I hooked it all back up, heard some sound cutting in/out, then sound came all the way back. Almost sounds like it could be a loose/faulty speaker wire.

its a little strange, I know from experience that the replacement units here in the UK are not new, they are referbs so its possible you might get something dodgy again :( hopefully that was the glitch and everything from now will be ok

Whilst I'm happy with my F750, it did have a fault from new, although since it was just a dud LED on the front strip which I don't use I lived with it. There have been too many reports of faulty units. Now Dee tells us that the F770 is an F750 with a new skin yet Thinkware are not offering the new FW as an official update to the F750, and also that Thinkware UK provide refurbished replacements. Unfortunately Thinkware is going downhill in my opinion. OK, that's no big deal until another manufacturer offers a new dual dashcam which can compete on specification...

Yeah, they have definitely lost their way, I have a feeling that because their main market is the far east they simply don't listen to us or give a damn. The issue is, ATM, there ist anything that compares to the thinkware product that is actually any good, if there was then I think the situation might be different, just now all they have to do is keep polishing that same old turd and flogging it as new until someone comes up with something better. I have no brand loyalty though, if they don't sort out their game I wont be getting anything else from them. My partners car is in need of a new cam setup but after the insult of the F770, I'm just hoping someone brings out a real upgrade worthy of my spending my money on.

If a Thinkware is bought from us and has to be replaced we replace with Brand New units. I will check on TMTI (Talk Me Through It) who are Thinkware's official support to see if they sent out refurbs. I was under the impression they didn't have any stock full stop do doubt they do any replacing.....

who are "you" though?

I returned my unit a couple of months ago to Thinkwaredashcams uk. the device I got back was made before the one I brought and the box it was returned to me in was the same as the one I sent out, it was not a sealed unit, it was not off the shelf and the little rubber bung for the SD card was so loose that it would fall out if you shook it!

this is an extract from an email I got

"Always use Thinkware cards is our advice and have supplied many free of
charge has pre testing to resolve issues for many. Suppose this explains 6
month warranty on Micro SD.

I have had to have a meeting with my boss to suggest a remedy for this
case this afternoon. We had a 100% faulty dead unit returned by customer.

This was only returned this morning with fault confirmed and replacement
to be sent within 24hrs as always.

Our suggestion to him (our boss) is to send you the customer’s 100% brand
new replacement 16GB 1CH main unit and send him your tested returned unit.

Please understand this is an unusual request by us but fortunately it was
agreed by him. This would be best solution as neither us nor you are any
worse off."

Now, firstly it wasn't brand new, secondly they gave my "faulty" unit to someone else to experiment with!

Hi Dee_82,

To give you a brief run down I'm Steve and work for Chameleon Codewing Ltd in Colchester Essex, we have been trading since 1989 fitting hands free, parking sensors, asset tracking systems, stolen vehicle tracking, dashcams & DVR Systems, Amber Lightbars etc. We have a network of 120 engineers covering the whole UK for installations and around 45 staff in the building in Colchester. Personally i deal with Technical issues on pretty much any product we sell. We've sold & still do sell other makes of dashcam (Road Angel, Roadhawk, RAC) too but we really like Thinkware and decided to give this a big push. We run the www.thinkwaredashcam.uk website and all stock & questions are dealt with by us. That extract of email is very strange and isn't making much sense to me (Perhaps because i don't know the whole story), would you be able to let me know the email address that sent it to you please?

P.S. The date of the returned unit being different is quite possible as when we get deliveries a few units get put to one side for replacement stock. Otherwise someone would sell them all to dealers etc and leave us none. There has been the odd occasion where we will open a box to check the contents as they are weighed to ensure nothing is missing from the box but if the weight is past the tolerances we will double check it. So far we haven't been missing anything from the boxes it's just packaging differences.

Back