Anyone having any issues with this camera?

I'm still wondering about the heat sinks and whether either camera has one and how substantial they may be. For years here on the forum I've been advocating for the use of heat sinks in dash cams, especially heavier more beefy ones like those used in CCTV cameras. Most dash cams I've torn down or opened up over the years have none or only the most minimal attempts to transfer heat away from the main processor other than ventilation. As I recall, the first camera I saw that used an actual cast aluminum heat sink in a dash cam was from Viofo. With the advent of 4K cameras we are seeing greater use of better heat sinking in cameras and this is a good trend.

Looks like a much better solution than just the odd thermal pad. Looking good :)

Here are the insides of the N5.
N5 and N4 Pro are the same.
The heatsink of the main camera is visible in the photographs and it is not small.
Because of this, these models have such weight.

The heatsink of the main camera is visible in the photographs and it is not small.
Beautiful pics :)

Yep, as I mentioned Viofo has been adding substantial heat sinks to their cameras. As I recall, they actually started doing this earlier. It may have been the Gitp F1 4K action camera, some six years ago. I seem to recall an aluminum block inside the housing.

Yeah, as I said earlier the extra weight seemed likely to be from a large heat sink. Thanks for confirming this.

I've been using the N5 for a little over a month now. The only thing I think is missing from this system is a cloud option. Other than that, It's been working great for me.

where do i find this file?
Click on that link you just replied to, it's there as a .txt attachment. Open it up and it lists all the times and temperatures mate

Click on that link you just replied to, it's there as a .txt attachment. Open it up and it lists all the times and temperatures mate
yeah but it doesnt show my cam temperatures, only his.

yeah but it doesnt show my cam temperatures, only his.
Yes, there's somewhere that Falsificatior posted and it was a script or file that you copy to the root directory of your dashcam, and then it will spit out temperatures for your ride...

Yes, there's somewhere that Falsificatior posted and it was a script or file that you copy to the root directory of your dashcam, and then it will spit out temperatures for your ride...

It would be cool if cameras that have a screen could periodically display the temperature of the PCB mainboard. In fact, there was a cam that did that several years ago, the mini 0906 but it no longer exists. It wouldn't be hard for a dash cam manufacturer to bring back such a feature.

temp_stamp.jpg

Last edited:
It would be cool if cameras that have a screen could periodically display the temperature of the PCB mainboard. In fact, there was a cam that did that several years ago, the mini 0906 but it no longer exists. It wouldn't be hard for a dash cam manufacturer to bring back such a feature.

View attachment 67552
Very true, maybe they don't want users knowing what the temperature is haha. Whatever happened to Mini, used to be active on here with their rep but haven't seen anything for years..

Very true, maybe they don't want users knowing what the temperature is haha. Whatever happened to Mini, used to be active on here with their rep but haven't seen anything for years..

It's true that it could potentially be a problem to show the camera's internal temperature. I suspect that would depend on how well the cam holds up to higher temps.

I don't know what happened to Rayman Chan. He hasn't posted to the forum in over two years. The line of mini cams doesn't seem to be in production anymore.

It's true that it could potentially be a problem to show the camera's internal temperature. I suspect that would depend on how well the cam holds up to higher temps.

I don't know what happened to Rayman Chan. He hasn't posted to the forum in over two years. The line of mini cams doesn't seem to be in production anymore.
Same with Joy from Sky-high Global, had pleasant enough interactions with and was open to feedback. Shame they're not around anymore.

Same with Joy from Sky-high Global, had pleasant enough interactions with and was open to feedback. Shame they're not around anymore.

Yeah, in the last several years there has been quite a long list of members who are suddenly no longer around. Some are just regular DCT members and others were Chinese reps and manufacturers. There's always some level of attrition on internet forums, but I have to admit, sometimes I wonder if COVID has had anything to do with this, especially in China. I guess we'll never really know.

Occasionally, people who haven't been around for a long time suddenly reappear, so there's always hope.

Yeah, in the last several years there has been quite a long list of members who are suddenly no longer around. Some are just regular DCT members and others were Chinese reps and manufacturers. There's always some level of attrition on internet forums, but I have to admit, sometimes I wonder if COVID has had anything to do with this, especially in China. I guess we'll never really know.

Occasionally, people who haven't been around for a long time suddenly reappear, so there's always hope.
Very true, I'd say covid wiped out a lot of manufacturers or startups in general, sad days. As you said, the odd ones pop up here and there so we'll have to see. Definitely getting nostalgic for the olden days :(

ok, prefer to keep original firmware for testing things.
Guessing you could always flash the original Firmware over the top afterwards

Back