Anyone know a lot about computer Android Tablets?

Its a pretty cheap 7" model, i think i payed about 170 dollars then i got it in 2014.

Mine is called Asus memo pad 7 ( ME176C )

http://www.computershopper.com/tablets/reviews/asus-memo-pad-7-me176c

But asus now make newer and still pretty darn cheap tablets, so i wouldn't bother with a old one like mine.

The newer model are called Zen pad as i recall.

I need to look at other brands ...

One thing to bear in mind is whether the tablet supports the size of MicroSD card you intend to use.

I bought a refurbished Lenovo A7 tablet. Bargain with a drawback. Works perfectly with 32GB cards but won't support 64GB cards, unless they're formatted in FAT32, even then it sometimes won't recognise a FAT32 formatted card.

Got bored with this unpredictability, so I now review footage in a Samsung phone, which is fine with 64GB cards, & has an external MicroSD card slot, so it's quick & easy to insert the card ... no need to remove back of phone & battery, unlike so many phones.

Last edited:
Thats solid advise right there, both of my mobius cards is a 64GB one but they are also FAT32 formatted

My friend got a 8" LG tablet a few months ago, got android 6.0 on it and seem to work pretty good ( also cheap tablet )

My Asus have developed some weirdness, when using for navigation after 1 hour or so google navigation loose connection to the GPS unit though its still on, i can then turn off GPS and then back on but it still don't work, so i have to completely reboot tablet to get navigation working again.

Other apps using the GPS in the tablet work fine for hours on end, so i assume its something with the google navigation.

Myself i would never spend much on a tablet as i rarely use it, but i would like a new one as i fractured the screen on mine shortly after i got it :rolleyes:
Still work fine but the cracks in the screen annoy the living hell out of me, and cheap or not i can afford to replace the darn thing.

Remember many reviewing tablets online review them as regular hardcore users, so maybe the battery life is not good or it get hot or cant play the newest games perfect.
But for navigation and a little file viewing and news reading while on the toilet just about any tablet will do ( off course not the dirt cheap ones made with decade old dual core processors )

PS. i also use my tablet to view the wifi feed off my CCTV system, that also work great even with the tablet and screen ( on low ) going all night with charger plugged in, it sit that way on my night stand with motion detection on so i can jump out of bed and grab my rifle ( airrifle ) in case someone vandalize my car again.
Or i can get dressed grab my steel pipe and be out of the front door and down in the street before the car or person leave the yard where its parked.

I AM THE LAW ! :)

Its a pretty cheap 7" model, i think i payed about 170 dollars then i got it in 2014.

Mine is called Asus memo pad 7 ( ME176C )

http://www.computershopper.com/tablets/reviews/asus-memo-pad-7-me176c

But asus now make newer and still pretty darn cheap tablets, so i wouldn't bother with a old one like mine.

The newer model are called Zen pad as i recall.

Thanks KamKar1, look at it now on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00KD5SER8 seems to be holding it's price very well.

I'm personally using a Chuwi Hi8 Pro tablet, i initially bought it for my Phantom 3 as I needed a fast CPU tablet to cope with the DJI Go app. It also has dual OS's and you will get a Windows 10 (genuine) along with the Android. I'm now using it a a miniature laptop and it's good on the field (while doing R/C) as it has USB OTG (host) and you can connect any kind of device to it (flight controller, usb stick, mouse, keyboard). I have even used a power USB HUB and added a 1TB external drive.

Back