Anyone remember mobius?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had one of these around 2015/2016 but it somehow corrupt it's self. However I liked it and found it easy to use AND they were cheap+ very good quality footage.

Are they still worth it or is there anything else in this price range/size that's equally as good?

Yes, I remember those. The M1S is decent if you want a like-for-like replacement. Most people will be better served by a dedicated dashcam though, perhaps an A119 Mini or VS1.

Last edited:
If you are going to use it as a dashcam, and want small, then the Viofo VS1 would be worth looking into, it has the latest Sony Starvis 2 sensor and HDR for reading license plates at night, not the same shape/size/style as a Mobius, but it will do a much better job as a dashcam:

It doesn't have a battery, so obviously doesn't have the same range of uses.

Thanks for your replies, I'll have a look at the ones mentioned!

The advantage I found of the mobius was the ease of going from my car to my works vehicle and I also really liked the tool you could download to your PC and make changes to settings like turning sound off/time and date and video format. I think I paid around £45 for it and they're all a lot more expensive these days even for a basic type.

Thanks for your replies, I'll have a look at the ones mentioned!

The advantage I found of the mobius was the ease of going from my car to my works vehicle and I also really liked the tool you could download to your PC and make changes to settings like turning sound off/time and date and video format. I think I paid around £45 for it and they're all a lot more expensive these days even for a basic type.
The very cheap cameras don't seem to have improved much, they are still using the same chips. The better ones have improved a lot.

For turning the sound off, the VS1 has a voice command, for more settings you need to use the phone app, if you want fine control over the video, you need to do that in your video editor after recording, but it does store rather more detail and less noise, so you can adjust it more than you could with the older cameras.

For ease of moving vehicles, Viofo normally sell extra mounts, although I'm not sure the VS1 has one available in the shop yet, you might need to ask for it. Also, have a read of:

Last edited:
The very cheap cameras don't seem to have improved much, they are still using the same chips. The better ones have improved a lot.

For turning the sound off, the VS1 has a voice command, for more settings you need to use the phone app, if you want fine control over the video, you need to do that in your video editor after recording, but it does store rather more detail and less noise, so you can adjust it more than you could with the older cameras.

For ease of moving vehicles, Viofo normally sell extra mounts, although I'm not sure the VS1 has one available in the shop yet, you might need to ask for it. Also, have a read of:
This VS1 sounds like its worth a look if it has the option of a suction cup type mount!

The A119 Mini 2 that Tony mentioned is also worth a look, more of a proper dashcam and it is still small, but the VS1 is smaller. Small and light weight is always good for ease of moving, and lightweight is also good for suction cups, less likely to get damaged if it falls off. The VS1 is new, but I've been impressed with the videos being posted so far, seems to have an excellent lens, and the firmware is basically the same used in the other Viofo dashcams, the phone app is the same, so there shouldn't be too many issues with it.

The A119 Mini 2 that Tony mentioned is also worth a look, more of a proper dashcam and it is still small, but the VS1 is smaller. Small and light weight is always good for ease of moving, and lightweight is also good for suction cups, less likely to get damaged if it falls off. The VS1 is new, but I've been impressed with the videos being posted so far, seems to have an excellent lens, and the firmware is basically the same used in the other Viofo dashcams, the phone app is the same, so there shouldn't be too many issues with it.
Coincidentally I'm just reading a review by Ogzogz on the VS1 that they posted January this year. It looks nice!

So I don't think the VS1 would be suitable for my works vehicle, I should have mentioned earlier that I now drive HGVs (trucks/semi/lorry) so it has to fit a vertical windscreen (and have good visibility day & night)

My apologies for that, it didn't cross my mind!

So I don't think the VS1 would be suitable for my works vehicle, I should have mentioned earlier that I now drive HGVs (trucks/semi/lorry) so it has to fit a vertical windscreen (and have good visibility day & night)

My apologies for that, it didn't cross my mind!
I think if you stick it to this suction mount then you will be able to use it on a vertical windscreen, maybe someone with a VS1 could comment. @Panzer Platform :

(That is the thread I was intending to link before!)

I think if you stick it to this suction mount then you will be able to use it on a vertical windscreen, maybe someone with a VS1 could comment. @Panzer Platform :

(That is the thread I was intending to link before!)
I can confirm that will work on vertical windows because I've done it. Excellent product as well, suction mount stays attached for months.

What do you mean by 'corrupt itself'?

Back