APP: Couldn't update settings

vili

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I have Z23L, latest app, HTC One X phone with 4.2.2 stock android.
Problem is i cannot change any setting in App. It only show this error message:
"couldn't update settings"

I tried with 1.12 and 1.13 firmwares too.
I also have a Lenovo tablet, with stock 4.4 Kitkat.
I have the same message here :(
Why? Solution? Help!

Really nobody has this problem? Just me?
And with 2 different devices?! :(

i had to go back to 1.8.1
that work, i can change settings.
but not in 2+ versions

why?!

same problem here. where did you find the 1.8.1 version?

thanks a lot, will try..

tried, and it seems to be working fine. thanks a ton mate, took me the better part of a day trying to make the stupid thing work, used some strong language at it. cheers.

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I came across this one while looking for a solution to a very similar problem.
I own 4 Xiaomi Yi cameras (1x Z23L, 3x Z22). I found on my 23L model I can happily change all settings from the phone, but on 2 of the Z22 models I can't. After a little digging around, it would appear the government for the oh so caring: Peoples Republic (definitely not a dictatorship) of China, have waded in and only allow settings to be changed on the cameras intended for the Chinese market while actually on mainland China, restricting its settings anywhere else. A bloke discovered this while digging around on a similar problem for one of those Yi Home wifi cameras: http://en.miui.com/thread-217567-1-1.html

This will probably fall as old news on these forums in all fairness. I'm going to see if the hacked firmware versions on here offer a workaround :D

Back