AV OUT CABLE?

Chuck Wallace

Reaction score
Country
United States
He's back. Looking thru the users manual and some search on site, but not finding what cable to use from the av out port to a monitor or tablet and where to get one. Saw on another brand site jokiin told someone a 3.5 mm to 2x rca lead for that brand. Anyone here know for sure? Thanks.

..... Saw on another brand site jokiin told someone a 3.5 mm to 2x rca lead for that brand. Anyone here know for sure? Thanks.
I am using a Canon camera mono audio/video cable. You can use any cable which have: audio on top, second also audio if stereo, third video, ground at the base.

Attachments

• IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
How is playback performance using the dashcam direct to a monitor ?

Not sure, I am using a small resolution display that helps a lot to verify the position of the camera.

Last edited:
I only ask because there have been lots of posts where the answer was to move the .mov files to the PC hard drive to enable smooth playback.

Suitable 4 pin AV connector 3.5 mm jack / TRRS AV-TV out / Composite A/V Cable 3×RCA-TRRS
AV out cable A119 V3.jpg AV out cable A119 V3_4.jpg

For example, two circuits are shown, the video signal and ground contacts are unchanged.
AV out cable A119 V3 pinouts.jpg
When you connect a mini-jack, the Viofo A119 V3 screen turns off, the image is displayed on the remote monitor
AV out cable A119 V3_2.jpg

PS: I just checked the cable that was "on hand"

Suitable 4 pin AV connector 3.5 mm jack / TRRS AV-TV out / Composite A/V Cable 3×RCA-TRRS
View attachment 51716 View attachment 51718

For example, two circuits are shown, the video signal and ground contacts are unchanged.
View attachment 51722
When you connect a mini-jack, the Viofo A119 V3 screen turns off, the image is displayed on the remote monitor
View attachment 51720

PS: I just checked the cable that was "on hand"
Thanks. Now if Best Buy can open maybe? they can sell the right part.

AV to 3.5mm Cable - Multi
AV to 3.5mm Cable - Multi RCA-female.jpg
Only such a cable was found there (this one is more convenient, because the jack connector is made by an angle),
but you probably have to purchase another adapter - for the correct connection of video: Male to Male RCA Connector Adapter
RCA male to male.jpg

PS: Although there are such cables:
AV to 3.5mm Cable - RCA-male х 400.jpg
but you can hardly find it on sale

Back