B1W Low Bitrate BETA

Please send me the firmware too as I am having the solid green light problem since installed the hardwire kit.
It indicates that the camera bricked if solid green light, and PM you this reset firmware already, please check your inbox message!
And suggest you load low bit parking mode firmware after reset camera!

Hello @estore009 , I just bought a B1W from Amazon and would love this firmware to try out. Thanks in advance :)

I am running this firmware on my B1W powered by a 13,000mAh power bank. At 16 hours of operation, the power bank is at 75% battery.

Wow, that's pretty impressive battery consumption.

How did you get your B1W so fast? You were only just considering buying it a few days ago!

Following suggestions from a few DCT members last month, Blueskysea were quick to produce a Low Bitrate parking mode beta firmware for testing.

The camera records normal driving in 1080p30fps at 12Mbps. After 3 minutes without movement, the camera switches to 1080p30fps at 4Mbps. Upon detecting movement, it switches back to 12Mbps again.

Movement is detected using only the g-sensor, since there is no GPS to inform the camera that the car is moving. Activation of the sensor saves the current video file in the Event folder. If the car is struck by another when parked, it will also switch from 4Mbps to 12Mbps, since this would be registered by the g-sensor.

The benefit of recording at low bitrate when parked (compared to time-lapse or g-sensor activated recording) is to extend the available recording time on a memory card, whilst still recording at 30fps with audio. In testing, I found no difference in power consumption between recording at 4Mbps and 12Mbps.

Blueskysea have decided to enable the bitrate switch mid-file, rather than stopping the recording and starting a new file. Although there is a momentary video glitch in the current beta FW (comprising just a single frame) the benefit is that the recording is continuous so no information is lost, unlike some other cameras which lose a few seconds of potentially crucial evidence whilst switching modes.

Video Sample 1
4Mbps parking sample

Video Sample 2
Automatic switch from 4Mbps to 12Mbps

This low bitrate beta firmware is still in development and is not yet available for general release. Contact @estore009 for further information.
I have been testing the new firmware low bitrate and the amount of hours recorded on a 64g card is 20 hours and up. and this is excellent, my question is the following. I can use the low bitrate . at 720p ?. I would like to know if it works in that resolution. Imagine that if 64g gives me approximately 23 hours, in 720 p I will get more than 30 hours.

I have been testing the new firmware low bitrate and the amount of hours recorded on a 64g card is 20 hours and up. and this is excellent, my question is the following. I can use the low bitrate . at 720p ?. I would like to know if it works in that resolution. Imagine that if 64g gives me approximately 23 hours, in 720 p I will get more than 30 hours.
I have never run the B1W at 720p, so I really don't know what to expect. Why don't you try it and let us know what you find?

I have never run the B1W at 720p, so I really don't know what to expect. Why don't you try it and let us know what you find?

269/5000

I was testing at 720p and 4 hours of video of 5 minutes each portion. it weighed 7.18gb. multiply 8 per by 7.18g has a value of 57.44gb. it means that we will have more than 32 hours of videos in 720p. each portion of 5 minutes gives an exact 157mg to 720p.

Attachments

• 720p test.jpg
    720p test.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 15
Have you compared 720p and 1080p video to see how they look? The extra 9 hours at 720p is only worthwhile if the video is useful.

It's good to see that low bitrate does work at the lower resolution, so it may be useful for some people.

Can I suggest there's an option to record parking mode with the lowbit rate on either 720p (1.5M) or 1080p (4M)? This could save a lot more space during the parking mode, and reverts back to 12M bit 1080p when activated.

Can I suggest there's an option to record parking mode with the lowbit rate on either 720p (1.5M) or 1080p (4M)? This could save a lot more space during the parking mode, and reverts back to 12M bit 1080p when activated.
Okay, I will have a check with our team to see if they do it!

Wow, that's a lot of recording time :)

I'm re configuring the cams in the van today and am going to put the B1W where it can do more good with security where I'm living now as there's been some minor thefts in the area :mad: My cams would have caught pics of the people, but by the time I learned of the problems they had looped and overwritten what was needed :cry: With this firmware I would have been able to help.

Phil

@estore009 and anyone else who knows, are logged files saved after the camera starts to erase old files on the card? I have had my card recording constantly in my B1W so i have not taken it out to see exactly how much footage i get or how old the logged files are. I'm wondering if i'm not near my car for 3 or 4 days, if i could put in a 128gb card to save it all at 720p....?

This idea would be awesome but i would imagine it would have to split the file at the resolution change. Changing bitrate mid file is one thing, changing resolution is another...

Have you compared 720p and 1080p video to see how they look? The extra 9 hours at 720p is only worthwhile if the video is useful.

It's good to see that low bitrate does work at the lower resolution, so it may be useful for some people.
When I clear off another SD card to leave in my B1W while i bring my main one inside, i will go through the footage of parking mode at day and night and see how clear my surroundings are. Ill try to get this done tonight if possible.

@estore009 and anyone else who knows, are logged files saved after the camera starts to erase old files on the card?
Yes, should erase the oldest files when it was full! And it is ok to work with a 128Gb card, as long as you format it as FAT32 with the tool Guiformat!
Not sure if your battery can last about 3 or 4 days recording, not suggest that!

Yes, should erase the oldest files when it was full! And it is ok to work with a 128Gb card, as long as you format it as FAT32 with the tool Guiformat!
Not sure if your battery can last about 3 or 4 days recording, not suggest that!

Will the important files be erased though? (if G-Sensor detects an impact, saves the video, i check SD card the next day, would i have to worry the important video might be erased along with everything else?)

Wow, that's pretty impressive battery consumption.

How did you get your B1W so fast? You were only just considering buying it a few days ago!
The power of amazon..... thanks crazy jeff :)
B1W only pulls ~330mA current at most, if my usb meter is to be believed.
279F7884-9076-4A5E-86DF-33A62F2F1D9C.jpeg

B1W only pulls ~330mA current at most, if my usb meter is to be believed.
Will be about 240mA if you load WiFi default off firmware.
Will the important files be erased though? (if G-Sensor detects an impact, saves the video, i check SD card the next day, would i have to worry the important video might be erased along with everything else?)
Suggest you use a 64Gb card, it should last about 8 hours before it was full!

Will be about 240mA if you load WiFi default off firmware.

Suggest you use a 64Gb card, it should last about 8 hours before it was full!
Thanks!! :)
I use a 64gb SD card....
I have it set with the app to save 40% card capacity allocation for persistent storage.
I thought this 40% space would be for important (g-sensor) videos only. Is that not correct?

Hi @estore009 - could you please send me details of this low bitrate firmware. much appreciated

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C B1W 6
E B1W 7
S B1W 1
estore009 B1W 56
B B1W 0
Back