B1W Low Bitrate BETA

s there anyway i can have the g sensor work in parking mode but sensitive can be turned off when normal driving
Someone asked the same problem before, but unlucky, my support team said they cannot do that :(
only dashcam had which was able to adjust the sensitivity of normal and parking mode was the xiaomi mai90 so be great to know if possible to have this feature on the b1w
The new #b2w can support that!

Please download this low bitrate recording beta parking mode firmware here

cardvr_img.bin

drive.google.com

1) Trigger by G-sensor! If no trigger within 3 minutes, it will keep 4Mbps recording during parking mode, and it will take 12.3Mbps normal recording after G-sensor triggered
2) Red light flashes for 3 seconds when working mode switches!

Hi, I setyp this firmware but this firmware WiFi always on. I want to active WiFi to press buton when I need. Is it possible?

Hi, I setyp this firmware but this firmware WiFi always on. I want to active WiFi to press buton when I need. Is it possible?
Sent you a PM for the WiFi default off firmware

Sent you a PM for the WiFi default off firmware

Hi can you send a me a link for the low-bitrate parking mode with WiFi default off firmware as well

Thanks

Hi can you send a me a link for the low-bitrate parking mode with WiFi default off firmware as well

Thanks
PM you already!

I've installed the software with low-speed parking mode and WiFi off. However, after 3 hours of driving, my new 128 Gb SanDisk Class 10 sd card gave me a low speed warning. It improved again after 3 to 4 hours, but when I switched on for 3 to 4 hours, the card speed warning was low. I also installed the other parking mode. In these two versions, my device deviates from history. 2015, 2022, 2021, such as the date stamps are videotaped. Therefore, the parking mode versions do not work properly. I bought this camera with the dream of just using it in park mode. Is there a new development for parking mode? Is there a version with a always low-speed recording mode that won't date incorrectly and WiFi is off? Or at least make a version like that?
Thanks

I also installed the other parking mode. In these two versions, my device deviates from history. 2015, 2022, 2021, such as the date stamps are videotaped. Therefore, the parking mode versions do not work properly.
May I know how you power on the dashcam? And also, help me to test the output voltage from your battery when your car parking!

May I know how you power on the dashcam? And also, help me to test the output voltage from your battery when your car parking!
Novatek General Plus Allwinner Araç Kamera Park Modu OBD Kablosu 99,00 TL yerine 73,70 TL

I bought this obd kit, and bought Micro usb apparatus from minis usb.
Screenshot_20191024_073410_com.dmall.mfandroid.jpgScreenshot_20191024_073410_com.dmall.mfandroid.jpg

did you try with the supplied car charger, a lot of these generic power supplies are not very stable which could lead to erratic behavior from the camera

Novatek General Plus Allwinner Araç Kamera Park Modu OBD Kablosu 99,00 TL yerine 73,70 TL

I bought this obd kit, and bought Micro usb apparatus from minis usb.
View attachment 49320View attachment 49320
Suggest you use the mini0906 3-wires-hardware kit, and just let its yellow wire unconnected!

I'd known about this firmware for awhile, and now I wish I'd installed it. The car parked next to me in my school parking lot backed up and their left rear corner scratched my right rear corner. If I was running this FW, I would have recorded their license plate when they first came around and pulled in. Someone else did manage to get the license plate, but man.....Would, coulda, shoulda...

One thing that was weird....it was set on parking mode (turned on when bumped), but the video didn't go into the EVENT folder. I thought it didn't record until I looked in the regular videos.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
I'd known about this firmware for awhile, and now I wish I'd installed it. The car parked next to me in my school parking lot backed up and their left rear corner scratched my right rear corner. If I was running this FW, I would have recorded their license plate when they first came around and pulled in. Someone else did manage to get the license plate, but man.....Would, coulda, shoulda...

One thing that was weird....it was set on parking mode (turned on when bumped), but the video didn't go into the EVENT folder. I thought it didn't record until I looked in the regular videos.
Just do what I did and hardwired the cam to a magic power pro, forgot to lock my car and it recorded a thief crossing in front of my car at midnight to get into the passenger door to check the glove box and steal my sunglasses! Couldn’t catch him but at least my wife believed that I didn’t just lose the damn glasses.

I have my front cam connected to a Blueskysea Hardwire Kit, but the back cam is plugged into a rear 12-volt always-on outlet. It probably would be a good idea to splice the Magic Power Pro into the back just in case. I'll have to look at the fuse box to see if I could do it with the Blueskysea instead (it's cheaper :D )

I have my front cam connected to a Blueskysea Hardwire Kit, but the back cam is plugged into a rear 12-volt always-on outlet. It probably would be a good idea to splice the Magic Power Pro into the back just in case. I'll have to look at the fuse box to see if I could do it with the Blueskysea instead (it's cheaper :D )
Do you think this low-bitrate parking mode is more practical than Buffered parking mode?

Difficult to say...I understand what buffered mode is, but these are the only dashcams I've ever used. Considering that the person who hit me had parked next to me well before the accident, it's likely that the buffered mode wouldn't have caught them when they first drove past me. In my case, the low-bitrate mode would have been better....although it might make it harder to read the license plate as they drove by.

In my case, the low-bitrate mode would have been better....although it might make it harder to read the license plate as they drove by.
When you are in a school parking lot, there is not much moving and what is moving should be moving fairly slowly, in those circumstances the low bitrate mode will normally be just as readable as full bitrate.

Most cameras with buffered parking mode only record between 10 and 15 seconds before and 15 to 30 seconds after the event, even the $500 cameras. There are probably a lot of cases where someone hits the side of your car and then doesn't put their license plate in the image within the time that is actually recorded, and like you say, the good bit of video where the plate is clear might be the bit when they parked up, not the bit where they hit your car while leaving. Low bitrate definitely improves the chances of catching who hit you, and recording their driving standard/ability before and after the event, might be obvious they were drunk/distracted by kids or whatever if you have the full story, and in the case of a hit and run, it's hard to prove they didn't leave you a note that someone else then removed if you don't have the full recording.

The only real disadvantages of low bitrate mode is that you need a bigger memory card, although card prices have dropped low enough that that is not really an issue now, and it does use a bit more power so if you don't use your car a lot then it may not be suitable for recording 24/7 recording. A single B1W doesn't use much power though, and if you park in a safe garage at night then you can install a switch to turn it off overnight. (might be nice if you could set it to not record from 8PM to 8AM to save battery power, not sure if the B1W has that ability.)

Hi, can you send a me a link for the low-bitrate parking mode with WiFi default off firmware as well?

Thanks

Low bitrate beta firmware
1) Trigger by G-sensor! If no trigger within 3 minutes, it will keep 4Mbps recording during parking mode, and it will take 12.3Mbps normal recording after G-sensor triggered
2) Red light flashes for 3 seconds when working mode switches!

WiFi default off

Thanks for the link!

So the only way I know if the recording has changed back to normal bitrate after leaving parking is by the audio alert "locked file"? I guess the movement of the g-sensor is what's casing the camera to revert back to full bitrate?

That also means every time I park and leave again I'm creating locked files that will need to be deleted on a regular basis if I don't want the SD card to fill up quickly?

So, low-bitrate is working well overall, but there are two issues I'm having.

1) About once a month, I get a "Low Speed Card" warning. This is fixed by unplugging and replugging the camera (It's got a hard connection to battery)
2) I've noticed that every once in awhile, the camera will switch from Low to Hi Bitrate recording for no reason, sometimes 15-30 minutes apart. Looking at most of the videos, they are my van parked with no indication of being rocked. As a result, my Event directory has about 18Gbs of video.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C B1W 6
E B1W 7
S B1W 1
estore009 B1W 56
B B1W 0
Back