B1W Low Bitrate BETA

So the only way I know if the recording has changed back to normal bitrate after leaving parking is by the audio alert "locked file"? I guess the movement of the g-sensor is what's casing the camera to revert back to full bitrate?
Yes, the camera uses the g-sensor to identify whether the car is moving or not

That also means every time I park and leave again I'm creating locked files that will need to be deleted on a regular basis if I don't want the SD card to fill up quickly?
You do not need to delete anything manually. The event folder has its own loop process, separate from the main driving recordings. Eventually, the files in the event folder will be over-written, so you should not expect them to be saved forever.

Low bitrate beta firmware
1) Trigger by G-sensor! If no trigger within 3 minutes, it will keep 4Mbps recording during parking mode, and it will take 12.3Mbps normal recording after G-sensor triggered
2) Red light flashes for 3 seconds when working mode switches!

WiFi default off

I have the low bitrate version 04.190401.v0 installed. Is the version of this link more recent?
----------------------------
Tengo instalada la versión low bitrate 04.190401.v0. ¿La versión de este link es más reciente?

For B1W

Is this software still in beta version?
What is the latest version ?.

Thank you

_------------------_

Para B1W

¿Este software sigue estando en version beta?

¿Cual es la ultima versión?.

Gracias

Enviado desde mi ALP-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Is this software still in beta version?
What is the latest version ?.
Do you refer to this 04.190401.v0 version? It is if yes!
And you can download the newest firmware from our website!

Do you refer to this 04.190401.v0 version? It is if yes!
And you can download the newest firmware from our website!
What I am asking is if the firmware that causes that when the camera detects that the vehicle is stationary and automatically switches to a recording with a low bit rate, it is still in beta state and, in any case, where can I download the latest version of low bitrate firmware.

On the web I don't see low bitrate firmware I only see these two:

B1W Standard 20180528s Firmware
B1W ParkMode 20180614s Firmware

And they both seem from the year 2018 and, to my knowledge, the first beta version of the low bitrate firmware is from the year 2019

What I want is yo download the best low bitrate firmware version even though it is still considered beta.

Thank you

_-------------------_

Lo que pregunto es si el firmware que hace que cuando la cámara detecta que el vehículo está parado y conmuta automáticamente a una grabación con una baja tasa de bits, sigue en estado beta y, en todo caso, de dónde puedo bajar la última versión del firmware low bitrate.

En la web no veo firmware low bitrate solo veo estos dos:

B1W Standard 20180528s Firmware
B1W ParkMode 20180614s Firmware

Y ambos parecen del año 2018 y, que yo sepa, la primera versión beta del firmware low bitrate es del año 2019

Lo que quiero es descargar la mejor versión del firmware low bitrate aunque siga considerándose beta.

Gracias

Enviado desde mi ALP-L09 mediante Tapatalk

What I want is yo download the best low bitrate firmware version even though it is still considered beta.
V190401 version was a beta firmware! No update yet!

V190401 version was a beta firmware! No update yet!
Hi estore009, any update on when this V190401 lowbitrate parkmode beta version will be officially released? Is this the latest development firmware with parkmode support

Also was wondering if the b1w camera can read from the park guard signal on the latest hardwire hit https://www.amazon.com/gp/B075WPSZYH . Would be good to have a way to turn off parking mode via a switch when it is not needed...like parked in a secure driveway.

Last edited:
Would be good to have a way to turn off parking mode via a switch when it is not needed
B1W works with mini0906 3-wires hardwire kit, just let its yellow wire unconnected!

B1W works with mini0906 3-wires hardwire kit, just let its yellow wire unconnected!
Thanks... any update on when this V190401 lowbitrate parkmode beta version will be officially released? Is this the latest development firmware with parkmode support ?

Nope. Suggest 20180614s SW if you hardwired it!
Not having very good results with 20180614s firmware version/wifi off config and camera hardwired - after a few hours in parking mode it stops writing video to SD card (Samsung 64 GB PRO Endurance), on some occasions it restarted writing again after a few hours (no interaction with the car) and other times it only restarted after the ignition was started. One night it stopped writing video to SD card while in parking mode say at 8pm.... pressing the central locking on the remote making sure car was locked caused a video to be written to event log at 10pm ... but no other videos files were written between 8pm and 7am in the next morning. when the car was started at 7am the camera time had reset back to 20150901

is there a way (config file) to get the camera to write debug logs to SD card to see what is going on and why it stops writing video to the SD card while in parking mode?

Not having very good results with 20180614s firmware version/wifi off config and camera hardwired - after a few hours in parking mode it stops writing video to SD card (Samsung 64 GB PRO Endurance), on some occasions it restarted writing again after a few hours (no interaction with the car) and other times it only restarted after the ignition was started. One night it stopped writing video to SD card while in parking mode say at 8pm.... pressing the central locking on the remote making sure car was locked caused a video to be written to event log at 10pm ... but no other videos files were written between 8pm and 7am in the next morning. when the car was started at 7am the camera time had reset back to 20150901

is there a way (config file) to get the camera to write debug logs to SD card to see what is going on and why it stops writing video to the SD card while in parking mode?
After running the low bitrate firmware V190401 for a few days, it does not have the issue where video stops been written to disk for a period of a few hours while in parking mode that I mentioned with the 20180614s firmware. (and it has the advantage of smaller low bitrate video files in parking mode). It still has the issue of where the camera loses time after either central unlocking via fob key or the ignition start after a day or two....which I will comment on in another thread.

Low bitrate beta firmware
1) Trigger by G-sensor! If no trigger within 3 minutes, it will keep 4Mbps recording during parking mode, and it will take 12.3Mbps normal recording after G-sensor triggered
2) Red light flashes for 3 seconds when working mode switches!

WiFi default off

Is this still the latest low bitrate firmware with wifi off?

After running the low bitrate firmware V190401 for a few days, it does not have the issue where video stops been written to disk for a period of a few hours while in parking mode that I mentioned with the 20180614s firmware. (and it has the advantage of smaller low bitrate video files in parking mode). It still has the issue of where the camera loses time after either central unlocking via fob key or the ignition start after a day or two....which I will comment on in another thread.
The low bitrate firmware is the most stable parking mode of all the firmwares I have tried with hardwired always on connection to the car battery. it is very frustrating that it keeps losing the time. RTC Hardware faults/voltages above 5.3v have been mentioned in this thread https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/b1w-incorrect-time-stamp.35433 where the issue is discussed

As a consequence of this issue, when the Emergency video folder fills up, the camera does not overwrite the actual older emergency videos (which the camera thinks are in the future now) because the timestamps have been set back to 1st of Sept 2015. And I have no recent Emergency video saved which is a big problem. This issue has also been pointed out here also https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ing-wrong-year-in-prev-recorded-videos.41591/ and the last update was in Apr 24, 2020 "give us more time to figure it out, we need time to re-act this problem!"

But There is a work around for the time resetting when the RTC battery was faulty in a firmware in another firmware.
The B1W beta firmware V20201117 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tJZQRFx3DZo7-r1swW-F2oE4xCpNb03M/view?usp=sharing
The dashcam will capture the time from the latest video footage if the RTC battery was faulty, so it can keep all footage (included these Emergency files) in order!

@estore009 Can this work around for the time resetting on the camera be put into the b1w-low-bitrate-beta firmware? Its a MAJOR issue (wrong times and missing emergency videos) and its a small piece of software functionality to work around it, that should not take long to do.??

It is a hardware problem for the cell battery if it cannot keep the time!

It is a hardware problem for the cell battery if it cannot keep the time!
Thats just stating the obvious....

There is a software workaround that you already have where "The dashcam will capture the time from the latest video footage if the RTC battery was faulty, so it can keep all footage (included these Emergency files) in order!"

@estore009 Can this work around for the time resetting on the camera be put into the b1w-low-bitrate-beta firmware? Its a MAJOR issue (wrong times and missing emergency videos) and its a small piece of software functionality to work around it, that should not take long to do.?????

@estore009 You still havnt answered my question so to repeat once again

There is a software workaround that you already have where "The dashcam will capture the time from the latest video footage if the RTC battery was faulty, so it can keep all footage (included these Emergency files) in order!"

Can this work around for the time resetting on the camera be put into the b1w-low-bitrate-beta firmware? Its a MAJOR issue (wrong times and missing emergency videos) and its a small piece of software functionality to work around it, that should not take long to do.?????

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C B1W 6
E B1W 7
S B1W 1
estore009 B1W 56
B B1W 0
Back