B40 / A118 / AE-CC30 Mounted in your Car. ( Photos )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
B40 / A118 / AE-CC30 dashcam design looks quite compact and discrete.

Below you may see how it looks in my car ( VW Passat B6 ), + vs. other popular dashcams ( Mobius and Panorama )

Please share photos of B40 / A118 / AE-CC30 mounted in your car for other people to see how it will look like. Also please add your car make / model into the post for reference.

B40 Mounted IN Car (1).jpg

B40 Mounted IN Car (2).jpg

B40 Mounted IN Car (3).jpg

B40 Mounted IN Car (4).jpg

B40 Mounted IN Car (5).jpg

B40 vs Mobius ( B-lens )

B40 Mounted IN Car (6).jpg

B40 Mounted IN Car (7).jpg

B40 vs Mobius B-lens vs Panorama II

B40 Mounted IN Car (8).jpg

This is so much more stable then the Mini 080X. I really like this housing design. All we need is the firmware to be enhanced and polished up, battery/heat problems fixed, and add GPS future option and this is golden.

front view it's not a lot larger than the Mobius when hidden like that up in the black dotted section

Reactions: Mtz
Mic is pretty damn good!

It is a bit dark, I would have set the lens a bit lower ;)
Too much sky compared to road.

I like the place you live :)

Last edited:
It's mounted right next to rain sensor. Middle of windscreen. I have limited mounting options. It was almost dark outside. I have the EV set at +1/3.

It's mounted right next to rain sensor. Middle of windscreen. I have limited mounting options. It was almost dark outside. I have the EV set at +1/3.

Can you post here photos of how it looks mounted in your car. Add car make / model name.

One of trend for dashcam is going to be smaller and hiding.

2012 FORD FOCUS SEL w/RAIN SENSOR. I will take better later when the sun goes down. Another reason I had to install it there is that I have white pillars and it reflect horribly on the windscreen. I am thinking of purchasing the black ones. It is high noon and inside of the car is 155F 68C which is at the thermal limit. We have digital calibrated laser thermometer. It turned on fine. I will check it in a few hours where the max temp is around 1400 hours.
20140612_104932.jpg
20140612_104945.jpg
20140612_105015.jpg
20140612_105036.jpg
IMG_2676.jpg

And the above picture is the BEST OBII reader and live gauge tool ever. I had it mounted and give live data from every built-in computer gauge programmed. Works on 100 percent of all OBDII vehicles. Called Ultragauge lIke $80.00 bucks. Reads all the check engine codes as well.

Last edited:
Another Vid this morning. I hate the glare!!!

I still wonder why manufacturers keep using grey 3M adhesive...
Black or transparent would be more discreet.

Last edited:
2012 FORD FOCUS SEL w/RAIN SENSOR. I will take better later when the sun goes down. Another reason I had to install it there is that I have white pillars and it reflect horribly on the windscreen. I am thinking of purchasing the black ones. It is high noon and inside of the car is 155F 68C which is at the thermal limit. We have digital calibrated laser thermometer. It turned on fine. I will check it in a few hours where the max temp is around 1400 hours.
20140612_104932.jpg
20140612_104945.jpg
20140612_105015.jpg
20140612_105036.jpg
IMG_2676.jpg

And the above picture is the BEST OBII reader and live gauge tool ever. I had it mounted and give live data from every built-in computer gauge programmed. Works on 100 percent of all OBDII vehicles. Called Ultragauge lIke $80.00 bucks. Reads all the check engine codes as well.

Excuse me if this seems stupid as I don't own a car with a rain sensor, but why not just mount it on the rain sensor itself? Theoretically, it looks like it discrete and small enough for you to be able to do it.

Excuse me if this seems stupid as I don't own a car with a rain sensor, but why not just mount it on the rain sensor itself? Theoretically, it looks like it discrete and small enough for you to be able to do it.

Thats a good idea: to mount dashcam on the housing of rain sensor.

Too much sky in your vid. Turn the angle of the lens down so you only have 1/3 sky and 2/3 road/car. That will improve lighting and contrast and cut down on glare.

Thats a good idea: to mount dashcam on the housing of rain sensor.

I wish I could. The plastic that covers the rain sensor cannot support any weight. I thought about it a zillion times :)

Back