Battery cut-off setting?

Gen4MDX

Reaction score
Country
United States
Curious as to what everyone has there battery cut-off voltage set to?
my set-up is U1000, radar module and OBD harness (no auxiliary battery installed).
currently have it set to 12v and main objective is to have dash cam shutdown well before car battery dies.
TIA!

As i understand it a battery with 12.2 volts on it is seen as a 50% depleted battery, under that and you will be cutting into the lifetime of the car battery as they are not meant to be discharged that deep.
If it is not winter and freezing outside you can start a well working car with 11.8 volts just fine, but i would not try that on a cold winters day in Denmark

Have mine set to 12.2v. Never had any issues even after the car's sat for a few days.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I run a Cellink Neo battery and have mine set to 12v.

I set ours to 12, but the AGM batteries in the hybrids tend to run a touch lower. Never seen them above 12.6, and they drop to 12.2 pretty quickly.

I set it so just in case of a prolonged parking scenario where the car might not be started for several days so it won't take the battery any lower and possibly damage it.

I carry a small jump-start pack in the car, just in case. Not in the trunk, of course, as it is electronically operated whereas the drivers door can still use the key in an emergency.

I set it so just in case of a prolonged parking scenario where the car might not be started for several days so it won't take the battery any lower and possibly damage it.
not possible with cellink, they have a protection

Back