Be very careful when buying a Thinkware product as they do not have a repair center in North America.

How do I silent Thinkware F800PRO voice?

And, Thinkware, could you explain how does your cloud service work when my car with the camera is park at my house, or parking garage when I am away on vacation with my cellphone???

Thanks,

I've been lurking the forums here for a couple of days now. Trying to soak up the available knowledge, and make an informed decision on my first dashcam purchase.
Glad I came across this thread, the Thinkware FA200 IRC was slowly becoming my first choice for purchase.
Seems like other industry leaders selling premium products offer support and warranties that correspond with the premiums they charge.

The summer climate here in the desert where I live are very extreme. The temp. range on the other model I was looking has a much higher temp listing than the Thinkware FA200 IRC unit. Combined with the a standard warranty that is 18 mo. Vs. 12 mo. for the Thinkware device. (Yes, I do realize the IRC models produce more heat.)

Welcome to DCT @Cross-Town-Traffic :)

Extreme heat is the bane of all dashcams, and I know of only two which have excellent reputations handling that: the old Mobius and Street Guardian products, with the latter being an Australian-based operation where extreme heats are common. This is not to say no others handle heat well, as some might do OK with it.

There's something of a trend in dashcams of late to offer a "high-temp shutdown" function calling that a benefit, but IMHO I don't want my cams to shut down when I expect them to operate, because with my poor luck that will be the exact time I need them. If SG and Mobius can make cams that handle high heats in stride, there's no reason others can't do the same. SG has a 2-year warranty which ATM is the longest anyone offers, and their CS is the best of anyone bar none. I suggest you give their cams a closer look ;)

Phil

I really appreciate the warm welcome @SawMaster. The other thread I have been following closely you also heavily contributed to - Thank You for the knowledge!

I briefly looked towards the SG units at the beginning of my quest. Since then I've noticed a number of knowledgeable posts on the forum from the SG rep. Going to spend some more time looking over their product offerings now.

As someone who has never filed a warranty claim. I still constantly use it as a metric for how much a company personally stands behind the products they're selling.

I really appreciate the warm welcome @SawMaster. The other thread I have been following closely you also heavily contributed to - Thank You for the knowledge!

I briefly looked towards the SG units at the beginning of my quest. Since then I've noticed a number of knowledgeable posts on the forum from the SG rep. Going to spend some more time looking over their product offerings now.

As someone who has never filed a warranty claim. I still constantly use it as a metric for how much a company personally stands behind the products they're selling.

Welcome to DCT as well! We're the largest Thinkware vendor in North America and work very closely with Thinkware to offer a completely warranty program when purchasing through us. We also offer extended warranty options.

We haven't heard of the FA200 IRC suffering from heat issues whatsoever. Thinkware actually is one of the best dash cam brands for high heat!

Amazing timing you have @BlackboxMyCar. I just popped back into DCT from your site.

BBMC was where I initially found the recommendation towards Thinkware devices for high-heat climates. I'm in Phoenix, AZ - It's not uncommon to see child safety warnings here about inside vehicle afternoon temps exceeding 200°F / 93°C for long stretches of the summer. The dashcam wouldn't be expected to function with those temps. But it would be locked in the vehicle while I was inside a movie theater or restaurant trying to cool off. ....I do totally realize this is horrible for SD cards and electronic components.

The extra 6 months warranty promo you're offering on the FA200 IRC did have me questioning whether BBMC had more faith in the devices than Thinkware.

I purchased two Thinkware F750 Dashcams about 20 months a go and one of the Dashcams locked up during a firmware update. I called Thinkware customer support and spoke to a guy called Kevin and he advised me I basically have a brick and there is nothing they can do as the Dashcam is out of warranty. Kevin explained they do not have a service center in North America and my Dashcam is an expensive paper-weight. I asked repeatedly if there was anything he could and he no we cannot help you. I asked if he thought it was acceptable that they sell expensive products that cannot be repaired and he said he agreed that it is not acceptable. I told Kevin that I would let other people know who are thinking about buying a Thinkware product that there is no repair option available after the warranty has expired and he said that you are not allowed to do that. The F750 has been a great camera until it stopped working but please be very careful if you are thinking about buying a Thinkware product as they will not help you if you have issues after warranty. My camera locked up during the firmware update and Kevin said this is unusual and never happens..................Buyer beware
I think you're find that it's all the same with any dash cam manufacturer. They don't won't to no about problems with there products especially BlackVue dash cameras.
You can't trust any reviews on amazon or utube videos as they are all payed to promote their products.
I have a thinkware q800 pro I haven't had any problems. Now waiting for the thinkware t700 to be released but I've been told there are sim card problems with that at the moment just like the BlackVue 4g cameras are having lots of problems none of which are stated on amazon reviews or utube reviews.
Just be careful,

I think you're find that it's all the same with any dash cam manufacturer. They don't won't to no about problems with there products especially BlackVue dash cameras.
You can't trust any reviews on amazon or utube videos as they are all payed to promote their products.
I have a thinkware q800 pro I haven't had any problems. Now waiting for the thinkware t700 to be released but I've been told there are sim card problems with that at the moment just like the BlackVue 4g cameras are having lots of problems none of which are stated on amazon reviews or utube reviews.
Just be careful,
T700 Sim Card problems? I've been testing a couple of units for months now and am not aware of any Sim Issues??

T700 Sim Card problems? I've been testing a couple of units for months now and am not aware of any Sim Issues??
I appears to be a supply issue between sim card providers I've been told by Thinkware,

I appears to be a supply issue between sim card providers I've been told by Thinkware,
That may be the case outside the UK but i'm not aware of any V-Sim issues for the UK. Pretty sure we're expecting T700 stock at the end of this month.

Brilliant can't wait love thinkware dash cameras have really ever had a problem with them except the thinkware u1000 witch was causing problems with my cars sensors behind the interior mirror,

Brilliant can't wait love thinkware dash cameras have really ever had a problem with them except the thinkware u1000 witch was causing problems with my cars sensors behind the interior mirror,
Can I ask what issues you were having? Do you also run the radar? Planning on a purchase in the very near future and trying to understand pro and cons

The main u1000 played up with my my sensors behind my interior rear view mirror and the add on radar was completely useless,.

The main u1000 played up with my my sensors behind my interior rear view mirror and the add on radar was completely useless,.
What car was that? I never had a problem with a new 2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i M Sport.

Edit. I see your user name is Skoda vrs. That one.

Anyway since I've had a q800 pro in my car I've had no problems.
Waiting for thinkware t700 to be released.
Ment to be end of march 2021.
U1000 has been and gone.

I would only buy something like thinkware from amazon direct I.e sold by amazon. You may pay a little more but at least you would be able to send it back and eather get a replacement or a refund,

I would only buy something like thinkware from amazon direct I.e sold by amazon. You may pay a little more but at least you would be able to send it back and eather get a replacement or a refund,
But the return policy is only for 30 days for Amazon plus tax which is huge.

Was thinking about BlackBoxMyCar, free shipping and no tax. Returns would be free but shipping on the purchaser and according to the their website they have after warranty support. So will probably go that rout. I will need to break my order up since they say over $800 is taxed when crossing the border but the inconvenience might be worth it to avoid tax.

But the return policy is only for 30 days for Amazon plus tax which is huge.

Was thinking about BlackBoxMyCar, free shipping and no tax. Returns would be free but shipping on the purchaser and according to the their website they have after warranty support. So will probably go that rout. I will need to break my order up since they say over $800 is taxed when crossing the border but the inconvenience might be worth it to avoid tax.
I am on the same boat as you friend.
I spoke to the CS at BBMC, states need to break it down into <$400 / shipment to avoid the fees, which is weird because they have those "bundles" that are well above that.
Anyways, worried after all the negative PR the U1000 has been getting. Would hate to ball out on a nice setup only for the camera to bust on me.

Back