Be very careful when buying a Thinkware product as they do not have a repair center in North America.

Look for one on amazon. I noticed the other day That amazon are selling them there selves not one of there third party sellers. Then if there is a problem you will be able to return.
Remember to check the small print.
Never trust amazon reviews a lot of them are fake reviews.
Hope that helps you.
Take care. Stay safe,

But the return policy is only for 30 days for Amazon plus tax which is huge.

Was thinking about BlackBoxMyCar, free shipping and no tax. Returns would be free but shipping on the purchaser and according to the their website they have after warranty support. So will probably go that rout. I will need to break my order up since they say over $800 is taxed when crossing the border but the inconvenience might be worth it to avoid tax.
BlackboxMyCar. I was after ther new dash cam battery but said they would ship to the UK but the warranty and returns would not be expected even if I paid for it through PayPal,

I am on the same boat as you friend.
I spoke to the CS at BBMC, states need to break it down into <$400 / shipment to avoid the fees, which is weird because they have those "bundles" that are well above that.
Anyways, worried after all the negative PR the U1000 has been getting. Would hate to ball out on a nice setup only for the camera to bust on me.
Hmmm, Their site said <800, guess I'll need to confirm. I would hate to spend the money and not live to expectation or even have it break in a year or two, so trying to do my due diligence and get as much pros and cons as possible. This could turn out to be a very expensive paper weight.

Look for one on amazon. I noticed the other day That amazon are selling them there selves not one of there third party sellers. Then if there is a problem you will be able to return.
Remember to check the small print.
Never trust amazon reviews a lot of them are fake reviews.
Hope that helps you.
Take care. Stay safe,
Amazon would charge a tax for me. which would pay for the radar module.

Hmmm, Their site said <800, guess I'll need to confirm. I would hate to spend the money and not live to expectation or even have it break in a year or two, so trying to do my due diligence and get as much pros and cons as possible. This could turn out to be a very expensive paper weight.

We're in the same boat! Let me know what you decide..

yes just be very careful before ordering. Just don't really on utube reviews. More of them the person is being paid by the manufacturer to push there products,
Read written reviews and specifications over and over until it meets your requirements,

You are correct! Orders over $800 would have custom duties and taxes collected (not by us but by US Border Services), not $400.

BlackboxMyCar. I was after ther new dash cam battery but said they would ship to the UK but the warranty and returns would not be expected even if I paid for it through PayPal,

We still offer warranty so long as we can ship to an address within Canada or the US, such as a ship-forwarding company, etc.

You are correct! Orders over $800 would have custom duties and taxes collected (not by us but by US Border Services), not $400.

We still offer warranty so long as we can ship to an address within Canada or the US, such as a ship-forwarding company, etc.
Exactly. By not offering a worldwide warranty you are loosing out on a lot of sales,

I would not be shopping in Canada, i would need a EU seller if i was to spend that much on a dash camera.

So if the item was $699 for example, would it be custom duty and tax free or is $400 the max?

Can you clarify how to approach this if we were to say buy one of those "packages" that comes with a dashcam, wires, battery etc. that is >$800?

Sometimes paying more doesn't get you more. I own a Viofo A129 Duo and it functions fine. The A129 Plus has very good feedback. Viofo now has a 3 Channel A139 which is new, and probably still has bugs. However, their products seem to work in all extremes. Viofo's also have low bitrate parking mode, which records in real time while your vehicle is parked.

Street Guardian is an Australian Brand, meant to survive extreme conditions. I haven't personally used their products, but @jokiin is very active here. Not sure if SG offers low bitrate park mode or not. SG doesn't yet have a 3 channel option.

Blackvue cameras are said to be pretty good. Again, never owned. I believe Blackvues offer cloud support and also can be paired with a 4G LTE module to allow you to view videos from anywhere in the world. So if you want to keep an eye your vehicle from afar, that's an option.

All relative to what you want out of a camera and how much you're going to spend to get it.

Yes Viofo have just released a 3 channel dash cam but from there website Viofo dash cameras do not have the option for ADAS of which I like and we are able to use in the uk with no problems from the police as its expected its another safety aid,,

Exactly. By not offering a worldwide warranty you are loosing out on a lot of sales,
Camera Software is done by Regions so all cameras shipped to Black Box will be US Firmware units (Local ID '0') we hold UK stock (Local ID '3') and as we are an EU Distributor we hold EU stock also (Local ID '66') if you bought an EU unit the Speed Cameras would not work in the UK and vice versa. Same with US units in the UK without a firmware Swap which can be done but not everyone would be able to do that. Some people struggle updating the speed cameras if they are not very Computer Literate and that's dead easy!

Also with the new T700 that's coming the Antenna for 4G is specific for the UK and i know it works as when i had a NON UK unit when i went to our Warehouse which is very rural i used to get 3 messages on the way about 'Disconnected from the internet' since i have a proper UK unit now i don't get that message anymore.

Brilliant can't wait for the thinkware t700 to go on general release.
Will the thinkware t700 be alright to use in the EU countries,

Yes Viofo have just released a 3 channel dash cam but from there website Viofo dash cameras do not have the option for ADAS of which I like and we are able to use in the uk with no problems from the police as its expected its another safety aid,,

ADAS?

Can you clarify how to approach this if we were to say buy one of those "packages" that comes with a dashcam, wires, battery etc. that is >$800?
It's a case-by-case basis but we can make a custom order for you, split the payment and order (to be less than $800), and ship you two separate packages on different dates.

So if the item was $699 for example, would it be custom duty and tax free or is $400 the max?
$699 would be duties and tax-free, yup. Only if the order exceeds $800.

Those systems are crap on dash cameras. Lane Assist / Warnings etc. Dash Cam position, Vibrations, lens angle, can all throw off these systems. I certainly wouldn't base my decision on buying a camera over the inclusion of ADA's. The aforementioned is why many brands exclude these gimmicky features. Simply they aren't all that reliable.

Back